aus.gif
Australia
nor.gif
Norway
eqg.gif
Equatorial Guinea

FIFA Women's World Cup 2011 Final
unled4v.png

YouTube - Japan vs USA FIFA World Cup Final 2011 Full Highlights, Goals, Japan beats United States, Women

Awards

adidas Golden Ball: Homare Sawa (Japan)
In her fifth appearance at the FIFA Women's World Cup, the Japan No10 was more precious to her team than ever before. Deploying all her reserves of experience, skill and creativity, Sawa not only put in the spadework in front of her back four, effortlessly linking defence and attack with intelligent passes, but also released her forwards with killer through balls. The icing on the cake was her clinically-taken haul of five goals.

The 32-year-old superstar stamped her authority all over the finals, crowning her personal triumph in the final with a stunning 117th-minute equaliser to level the scores at 2–2, send the game into penalties, and ultimately realise her dream of global glory. “She's a ball-winner, the orchestrator of her side’s build-up play, and a goal-getter all in one. She's definitely one of the most complete players," declared Tina Theune, a FIFA Women's World Cup-winning coach with Germany in 2003 and a member of the FIFA Technical Study Group, speaking exclusively to FIFA.com. Sawa was not only named best player at the tournament, but also takes home the adidas Golden Boot as top scorer.

adidas Silver Ball: Abby Wambach (USA)
The once-in-a-generation USA striker missed the 2008 Women's Olympic Football Tournament in Beijing with injury, but she exploded back onto the world stage in Germany. She contributed no fewer than four goals as the North Americans came within a couple of minutes of a third FIFA Women's World Cup triumph, powering all her goals home with her head. Very few defenders were able to cope with the 31-year-old's intelligent movement, eye for goal and unyielding will to win, as she overtook the legendary Michelle Akers as USA’s top scorer at the finals, moving onto 13 goals to the latter's 12. Wambach was one of the biggest personalities in Pia Sundhage’s team at the tournament, although coming so near and yet so far on Sunday takes just a little of the gloss off a superb personal achievement.

adidas Bronze Ball: Hope Solo (USA)
Already hailed as the star keeper in the women's game, Hope Solo impressively confirmed that standing at the FIFA Women's World Cup finals in Germany. The first-choice US shot-stopper is not only a commanding presence between the sticks, but also boasts outstanding reflexes and calm control of her own penalty area. She did not concede until her side's third group fixture, where she was finally beaten by a Lisa Dahlkvist penalty against Sweden. In the thrilling quarter-final against Brazil, she made a world-class save from Daiane in the shoot-out to book her side's place in the last four. In addition to the adidas Bronze Ball, Solo was also named the tournament's best goalkeeper.

adidas Golden Boot: Homare Sawa (five goals, one assist)

adidas Silver Boot: Marta (four goals, two assists)
Brazil superstar Marta, named FIFA World Player of the Year five times on the bounce, showed all her silky class in her side’s four matches. Danger threatened for the Brazilians’ opponents whenever Marta took possession, as she deftly deployed her perfect skills and athleticism to weave her way towards goal, where she again demonstrated her clinical effectiveness. The striker scored four goals in as many games, but quite apart from her individual ability, proved a good team player with two assists and any number of penetrating passes. The tournament ends with a bitter taste for the world's best player, as the shoot-out defeat in the quarter-finals means she still lacks a major international trophy.

adidas Bronze Boot: Abby Wambach (four goals, one assist)

adidas Golden Glove: Hope Solo

Hyundai Best Young Player: Caitlin Foord (Australia)
At the tender age of 16, Caitlin Foord is already a key member of the Australia senior side, showing huge promise and maturity both in right midfield and at right-back. A golden future surely beckons following three much-praised displays at this FIFA Women's World Cup, where she combined solid defence with attacking creativity. “She has the potential to become the archetypal modern defensive player," declared April Heinrichs, TSG member and former USA coach, speaking exclusively to FIFA.com.

FIFA Fair Play Award: Japan
The Nadeshiko not only won a place in the hearts of women's football fans all over the world with their superb passing game and individual skill, they were also adjudged the fairest team at the tournament. Norio Sasaki’s players collected just five yellows and one red card at the finals. The new world champions, whose post-match thank-you banner addressed to their friends all over the world will remain one of the enduring images of the tournament, comfortably carried off the FIFA Fair Play award.

All-star team
At the end of a tournament packed with incident, highlights and top-class football, 21 players were named in the All-star team. Goalkeepers: Ayumi Kaihori (JPN) and Hope Solo (USA). Defenders: Alex Scott (ENG), Laura Georges (FRA), Erika (BRA), Saskia Bartusiak (GER), Sonia Bompastor (FRA) and Elise Kellond-Knight (AUS). Defensive midfield: Shannon Boxx (USA), Homare Sawa (JPN), Caroline Seger (SWE) and Jill Scott (ENG). Attacking midfield: Kerstin Garefrekes (GER), Shinobu Ohno (JPN), Louisa Necib (FRA), Anonman (EQG), Aya Miyama (JPN) and Lauren Cheney (USA). Forwards: Lotta Schelin (SWE), Marta (BRA) and Abby Wambach (USA).

Last edited:
Re: FIFA Women's World Cup Germany 2011

Group Matches

Day 1
Rhein-Neckar-Arena, Sinsheim
nga.gif
Nigeria 0 – 1 France
fra.gif

Delie (FRA) 56'

Olympic Stadium, Berlin
ger.gif
Germany 2 – 1 Canada
can.gif

Garefreekes (GER) 10'
Celia Okoyino Da Mbabi (GER) 42'
Sinclair (CAN) 82'

Day 2
Ruhrstadion, Bochum
jpn.gif
Japan 2 – 1 New Zealand
nzl.gif

Nagasato 6'
Hearn (NZL) 12'
Miyama (JPN) 68'

Volkswagen-Arena, Wolfsburg
mex.gif
Mexico 1 – 1 England
eng.gif

Williams (ENG) 21'
Ocampo (MEX) 33'

Day 3
BayArena, Leverkusen
col.gif
Colombia 0 – 1 Sweden
swe.gif

Landström (SWE) 57'

Rudolf-Harbig-Stadion, Dresden
usa.gif
United States 2 – 0 North Korea
prk.gif

Cheney (USA) 54'
Buehler (USA) 76'

Day 4
Impuls Arena, Augsburg
nor.gif
Norway 1 – 0 Equatorial Guinea
eqg.gif

Haavi (NOR) 84'

Borussia-Park, Mönchengladbach
bra.gif
Brazil 1 – 0 Australia
aus.gif

Rosana (BRA) 54'

Day 5
Ruhrstadion, Bochum
can.gif
Canada 0 – 4 France
fra.gif

Thiney (FRA) 24', 60'
Abily (FRA) 66'
Thomis (FRA) 83'

Commerzbank-Arena, Frankfurt
ger.gif
Germany 1 – 0 Nigeria
nga.gif

Laudehr (GER) 54'

Day 6
BayArena, Leverkusen
jpn.gif
Japan 4 – 0 Mexico
mex.gif

Sawa (JPN) 13', 39', 80'
Ohno (JPN) 15'

nzl.gif
New Zealand 1 – 2 England
eng.gif

Gregorius (NZL) 18'
J. Scott (ENG) 63'
Clarke (ENG) 81'

Day 7
Impuls Arena, Augsburg
prk.gif
North Korea 0 – 1 Sweden
swe.gif

Dahlkvist (SWE) 64'

usa.gif
United States 3 – 0 Colombia
col.gif

O'Reilly (USA) 12'
Rapinoe (USA) 50'
Lloyd (USA) 57'

Day 8
Ruhrstadion, Bochum
aus.gif
Australia 3 – 2 Equatorial Guinea
eqg.gif

Khamis (AUS) 8'
Añonman (EQG) 21', 83'
van Egmond (AUS) 48'
De Vanna (AUS) 51'

bra.gif
Brazil 3 – 0 Norway
nor.gif

Marta (BRA) 22', 48'
Rosana (BRA) 46'

Day 9
fra.gif
France 2 – 4 Germany
ger.gif

Delie (FRA) 56'
Garefrekes (GER) 25'
Grings (GER) 32', 68' (pen.)
Georges (FRA) 72'
Okoyino da Mbabi (GER) 88'

can.gif
Canada 0 – 1 Nigeria
nga.gif

Attendance: 13,638
Nkwocha (NGA) 84'

Impuls Arena, Augsburg
eng.gif
England 2 – 0 Japan
jpn.gif

E. White (ENG) 15'
Yankey (ENG) 66'

nzl.gif
New Zealand 2 – 2 Mexico
mex.gif

Mayor (MEX) 2'
Domínguez (MEX) 29'
Smith (NZL) 90'
Wilkinson (NZL) 90+4'

Day 10
swe.gif
Sweden 2 – 1 United States
usa.gif

Dahlkvist (SWE) 16' (pen.)
Fischer (SWE) 35'
Wambach (USA) 67'

Ruhrstadion, Bochum
prk.gif
North Korea 0 – 0 Colombia
col.gif

eqg.gif
Equatorial Guinea 0 – 3 Brazil
bra.gif

Érika (BRA) 49'
Cristiane (BRA) 54', 90+3' (pen.)

BayArena, Leverkusen
aus.gif
Australia 2 – 1 Norway
nor.gif

Simon (AUS) 57', 87'
Thorsnes (NOR) 56'

Knockout Stage

Quarterfinals
BayArena, Leverkusen
eng.gif
England 1-1 (3-4 in penalties) France
fra.gif

J. Scott (ENG) 59'
Bussaglia (FRA) 88'

ger.gif
Germany 0-1 (after extra-time) Japan
jpn.gif

Maruyama (JPN) 108'

Impuls Arena, Augsburg
swe.gif
Sweden 3-1 Australia
aus.gif

Sjögran (SWE) 10'
Dahlkvist (SWE) 16'
Perry (AUS) 40'
Schelin (SWE) 52'

bra.gif
Brazil 2-2 (3-5 in penalties) United States
usa.gif

Daiane (USA) 2' (o.g.)
Marta (BRA) 68' (pen.), 92'
Wambach (USA) 120+2'

Semifinals
fra.gif
France 1 – 3 United States
usa.gif

Cheney (FRA) 9'
Bompastor (FRA) 55'
Wambach Goal 79'
Morgan (USA) 82'

jpn.gif
Japan 3 – 1 Sweden
swe.gif

Öqvist (SWE) 10'
Kawasumi (JPN) 19', 64'
Sawa (JPN) 60'

Third place play-off
swe.gif
Sweden (Saturday) France
fra.gif

Schelin (SWE) 29'
Thomis (FRA) 56'
Hammarström (SWE) 82'

Last edited:

Do me a favour Love!

Who's Love? By the top of my head I just figure out Kevin Love! :LOL:

Talking about NBA, I've been surfing around some American Sports sites to be well informed about recent NBA Draft and I just realize that you give more atenttion to the women than the men! I mean, during Golden Cup time I saw loads of info about the NBA Draft, the NBA lockout, the NFL lockout, MLB season, Wimbledon Tournament and almost nothing about the Golden Cup, just small sideline reports. Now, with the Women's World Cup, there are plenty of articles about the girls. Maybe that's because you have a strong shoot at that one. :D

i am until the copa america starts

C'mon mate, girls deserve full of you! :P

Funny to see a couple of Germans with Korean DPR flags yesterday. Anyhow... good game from Sundhagens team. But atm I can not see any team to threaten Germany. But Neid needs to rotate Popp for Prinz into the starting lineup. It seems Prinz past her best days and is mentaly blocked. She moves slow and struggle for goals.

Last edited:

im watching some matchs but not following so much just germany im following more and i hope they win ;)

Hahaha Bravo!! :D

Talking about NBA, I've been surfing around some American Sports sites to be well informed about recent NBA Draft and I just realize that you give more atenttion to the women than the men! I mean, during Golden Cup time I saw loads of info about the NBA Draft, the NBA lockout, the NFL lockout, MLB season, Wimbledon Tournament and almost nothing about the Golden Cup, just small sideline reports. Now, with the Women's World Cup, there are plenty of articles about the girls. Maybe that's because you have a strong shoot at that one. :D

Hahha :P but it's TRUE! That's actually one reason. They are ranked #1 and are always among favorites for Women's.

And the other thing is well, Gold Cup is just Gold Cup, no disrespect.. but this it the WORLD CUP of Women, so it is after all a much bigger tournament with much more 'exposure' and 'meaning' world-wide.

Funny to see a couple of Germans with Korean DPR flags yesterday. Anyhow... good game from Sundhagens team. But atm I can not see any team to threaten Germany. But Neid needs to rotate Popp for Prinz into the starting lineup. It seems Prinz past her best days and is mentaly blocked. She moves slow and struggle for goals.

Prinz is Klose! :D

why am i NOT surprised to notice that, of all the members of this community, it was Andre to open this thread?!? :D

anyway u guys are just a bunch of sick perverts, whose fake interest towards women's football is just a curtain to conceal your sexism.

mind if i join u? :D

why am i NOT surprised to notice that, of all the members of this community, it was Andre to open this thread?!? :D

anyway u guys are just a bunch of sick perverts, whose fake interest towards women's football is just a curtain to conceal your sexism.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Im in stitches because I felt a bit of shame until the spoiler! :WORSHIP:

:LMAO:

So sattan_hussein posts a link where you find lots of naked women and I'm the pervert one? My only interest in this tournament is football, nothing more than watch good footie moments. (cough *liar* cough)

Hahaha Ben, so after all, you wanna join us! Feel free to join the "sick pervert" crew! :LOL: I know you're the most pervert one, yea don't tried to hide it, you were always asking for a new avatar!

By the way, albeit not being there, your country is very well represented in this World Cup with Carolina Morace at Canada's helm. They developed a lot since the moment Morace took over. Canada is the current CONCACAF champions as far as I know.

Talking about Canada, I'm watching their game against France and I must say that Sincliar is disappointing me so far. I was expecting much more from her after the extraordinary display against Germany. I'm currently loving Louisa Nécib (in a good way guys!), the French attacking midfielder. She plays at the centre but you often see her in both sides using her outstanding cross to create the pain in the middle. She has very good technical skills, is a good passer, reads the game very well and has an amazing pace. Love that girl!

Last edited:

Prinz is Klose! :D

Oh yes, she really is. A comparison also often uses from German medias. I think Prinz not suit in the current 4-2-3-1 formation anymore. With Prinz in the starting lineup Neid should switch to a 4-4-1-1 formation with Inka Grinks upfront and Prinz behind.

By the w I'm currently loving Louisa Nécib (in a good way guys!), the French attacking midfielder. She plays at the centre but you often see her in both sides using her outstanding cross to create the pain in the middle. She has very good technical skills, is a good passer, reads the game very well and has an amazing pace. Love that girl!

Me too. During the UEFA Women’s Champions League Final against Potsdam she delivers a great performence in the center mitfield and over the left wing. I also like Sonia Bompastor. She really impresses with her physical strength and her ever-present style to play. It is nice to see that France benefits from the strong Olympique Lyonnais Féminin squad.

Looking forward to Nigeria - Germany up next.

I'm currently loving Louisa Nécib (in a good way guys!), the French attacking midfielder. She plays at the centre but you often see her in both sides using her outstanding cross to create the pain in the middle. She has very good technical skills, is a good passer, reads the game very well and has an amazing pace. Love that girl!

Your talking nonsense get your head in perspective FFS!;) Will you smash it?! Whose that bird in your avatar ?

117725720.jpg

I will love to hug both of them and say yea.. yea ..yea!

Your talking nonsense get your head in perspective FFS!;) Will you smash it?! Whose that bird in your avatar ?

I will love to hug both of them and say yea.. yea ..yea!

Is your wife checking this? She won't like to know that her husband would give a go at them! :LOL: I'm kidding amigo.

I would give a go a them too but my bird, Alex Morgan, would be my #1 pick at this. You should know her, she is American and plays at, guess where, New York! Too bad I've missed her match last Tuesday.

Oh yes, she really is. A comparison also often uses from German medias. I think Prinz not suit in the current 4-2-3-1 formation anymore. With Prinz in the starting lineup Neid should switch to a 4-4-1-1 formation with Inka Grinks upfront and Prinz behind.

Me too. During the UEFA Women’s Champions League Final against Potsdam she delivers a great performence in the center mitfield and over the left wing. I also like Sonia Bompastor. She really impresses with her physical strength and her ever-present style to play. It is nice to see that France benefits from the strong Olympique Lyonnais Féminin squad.

Honestly, Prinz best days are over. She played an average game tonight against Nigeria. She struggled in finding a way to show her football. In my opinion, Popp and Grings must be starters in this team. Perhaps Silvia Neid can use Prinz coming from the bench in tight matches afterwards.

I like Sonia Bompastor too. Her parents are from Póvoa do Varzim, north of Portugal, so I have a special interested in her. She is a good LB although I think his prime has past. Furthermore, the French left wing is very dangerous due the Bompastor-Necib combo, I truly believe the Germans should pay big attention at this specific sector.

Btw, Games' post updated.

Last edited:

Yeah but I can't understand why she is diving around and acts like a diva. There is no need to do so for someone with such amazing skills.

Very interesting matchups so far in the quarterfinals. England-France and Brazil-USA are, in theory, the most exciting games in this stage. It's going to be funny to watch if the outstanding American goalkeeper Hope Solo would be able to stop Marta's talents. I'm looking forward to this one.

As usual, games updated and next fixtures posted.

By the way, have you seen this?
YouTube - Veja o golaço no futebol feminino Brasil 3x0 Guiné Equatorial

:PINKS:

Last edited:

Yup nice goal. She almost took her shirt off after. :P

WOOT WOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTT!!!!!!

Vive la France!

WOW fantastic tournament so far! I rather watch this then Copa América must confess. Amazing quarterfinals, everything you want to see in a football you could watch during this stage: outstanding goals, great saves, upsets, emotion from the start till the end and even penalty shootouts. Amazing! :PINKS:

Germany elimination was the biggest surprise so far. Silvia Neid's team were top ranking team in the tournament and, playing at home, all of us were expecting them to win the World Cup. However, they fell short against the astonishing Japanese team who secure a place in the semifinals after beating the German side in the extra-time.

The most exciting game of the quarterfinals took place in Dresden with Brazil and USA facing each other. USA took advantage earlier thanks to an own goal by Daiane. The Brazilian girls bounced back later in the second half in a polemic penalty converted by Marta who scored again in the extra-time. In the last second of the game, an header by Wambach equalized the game giving the US team the chance to win the tie in the penalties where an extraordinary Hope Solo helped the Americans to secure the victory.

Oh man, I feel happy for the USA team, I'm rooting for them since the begging (as you can see by my avatar :P) so as you can imagine I've screamed a lot when Wambach scored that goal in the 120+2! :LOL: Oh I'm glad that Marta didn't win it, she's a fantastic player with an awful behaviour, rambling all the time, ranting at the coach, colleagues and referees and so on. I found a very funny comment in ESPN that sums up how Marta is:

Marta is soccer's LeBron

:LMAO:

C'mon guys! I hope that all of you watch the semifinals!

I admin I saw Germany vs Japan and Today`s Brasil vs USA. USA looks pretty good team .I like the GK Solo me like Solo a lot. Ironic The women get a foreign coach ,but the men don`t

Every good team go farther w/ a class GK ! I`m hoping for Japan I fancy them their #10 is impressive ,but #14 from Sweden is pretty prettay! good such nice form. TSO ur avatar bird does she even play on the team I would recognize her on the pitch. USA has a German girl on the team :P Solo n #14 Sweden you should be on top of ...:PIG:

Oh yea Bebo, Swedish #14 is pretty prettay like you said! Josefine Oqvist is her name and... have you seen her switching shirt with a fan during the game? Go to Pics topic and check out. :D

Can't recognize Alex Morgan? Oh :( She's usually a sub, today's game in came in at the 72th minute. She's the one wearing the #13 in the back and using a pink hairband. The cutest american player along Solo. :P

302753.png
9220blagmorgan1x576.jpg

Go Alex!
torcida.gif
I love her so badly that I even have her pic in my facebook avatar! :LOL:

I would love to have my avatar to her but what if my wifey walks by I have to explain to her...Damnit I fear no one!!!

If we talking about the girls... i really like Jill Scott... she looks gorgeous and seems to be a funny person.

Hopefully my girlfriend is never reading this :D

I also cheer for the US team yesterday. At least after I guess it must be Erika faking an in injury in a way I never seen before.

That was totally unnecessary indeed. It didn't look good. The Americans were reduced to ten women and still pressing Brazil... I hated to see them resort to that too. Especially Erika, who scored a fantastic goal the other day, and is kinda cute :P

Well, in terms of beauty we can definitely say the best team won. Some of the best looking girls in the tournament. Hope Solo and Alex Morgan for me.

Oh, and that no. 17 from France is gorgeous too, what's her name? Will be an interesting match, USA vs France :)

Hopefully my girlfriend is never reading this :D

:LOL: I really am a bad person, aren’t I?

Don't worry my friend, your girl will be happy to see that her man loves Women Football and he cares about that. Yea, we're also admiring the few beauties in the game but at the same time we are promoting their football. Honestly, and I must tell you this, I will try to follow this girls since now, not only because they are cute :P, but mainly because they present an amazing show to all football fans. Really enjoying this.

That was totally unnecessary indeed. It didn't look good. The Americans were reduced to ten women and still pressing Brazil... I hated to see them resort to that too. Especially Erika, who scored a fantastic goal the other day, and is kinda cute :P

Well, in terms of beauty we can definitely say the best team won. Some of the best looking girls in the tournament. Hope Solo and Alex Morgan for me.

Oh, and that no. 17 from France is gorgeous too, what's her name? Will be an interesting match, USA vs France :)

Hey hey took your hands off from my girl! :RANT: I'll punch you so badly! Kidding! :LOL:

Oh you're talking about Gaetane Thiney, yea she's adorable too and plays great, she's one of the most dangerous French forwards, US team must aware of her. She has a great connection with Necib in the attacking path so they will be very dangerous for sure.

Erika is cute but her face seems, well, she has "cara de safada" to me. :LMAO:

Last edited:

Erika is cute but her face seems, well, she has "cara de safada" to me. :LMAO:

hahaha :LOL:
That's true and I like it! :D

Nice job Bebo! Face your fears, good on you mate :)
That Josefine. Ahh Josefine... Hats off to the German suporter who traded shirts with her. He must be a local hero now :D

Back
Top Bottom