Womens Football

What do you think of women playing football?

• I'm fine with it

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • Ridiculous

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters

robin_007

Siem de Jong Fan
1 September 2005
Holland
AFC Ajax
In Holland there are some talks womens football. The KNVB (Dutch FA) allready thinks of making a seperate Eredivisie special for women. Appearantly Ajax, Feyenoord, PSV, Heerenveen and Utrecht are interested. FC Twente allready has a womens team if I'm correct.

Some people think it's good, some people are against saying it's a men sport. What do you guys think of it?

Here in the states the womens team was actually more popular then the mens!!! Probably because they won the world cup on home soil and brandy chastain took her shirt off! They had a pro league but it had no sponsors and folded.

I have a 6 year old daughter who to my surprise, turns out to be a football freak.
At that age there are no separate women teams...
My daughter desperately wanted to play football and so she plays with the boys...and guess what??? She's good, she's the only girl in the "first" team of her age...as her father i'm obviously biased, but her coach seems to think that she's good...

Yesterday there was a Cup match on Belgian television (KV Mechelen - Zulte Waregem, not exactly two big teams). I was readinga book, she turned on the television saw the match and starte'd to look at it...after a while she even explained the off-side rule to her mother...the ultimate test.

It's ridiculous, but i was a proud father...

hahahah women's football? My ex wants to join my school's girls football team...I find the entire idea silly, I've seen the girls teams here in new york they're shit...

nice Stan

I force my daughter to ballet for 3yrs now I was afraid of the tomboy thing she`s 8 and she loves futbol I gave up ...my wife,sons all love futbol what was I thinking! that was my dad words to me:lol:

I've watched a little over here but I'm not watching it for the skills on offer. Some of the Japanese girls are gorgeous and it's great to see them get dirty.

I think it's a good thing and I'm sure one day there will be women playing with men on the same team . I just hope they don't make separate shower :lol:
but seriously women level is increasing and having a pro league one day is just natural .

I think it's a good thing and I'm sure one day there will be women playing with men on the same team.
This will never happen. If you ever watch women's football you will see they are weaker than men in ALL areas. Therefor they would never cope in the men's game.

Here's a view based on what I have personally thought whenever I have watched it; The goal keepers are exceptionally bad in my opinion (almost cringe worthy) while the outfield players resort to hit and hope tactics. It's also unlikely you will ever see fluid passing on ground level because the play is constantly given back to the opposition through poor aerial balls.

^ I'm not being sexist when I say that, just stating the truth as I found it. Their game itself is more like a Sunday league type sport for the girls own benefit, its definitely not a spectator sport with any real entertainment value on offer. As can be seen by the non-existent fans in the stadiums and the zero atmosphere created by the few that are there. Because of this, I doubt I will ever watch it again as it was just not an enjoyable experience (however hard that may be to believe ;)).

I'm actually surprised this thread was made to start with to be honest, because I would of thought everyone knows about the women's game by now? They do have a female World Cup tournament etc etc. In England a lot of the top teams have female sides, the most notable probably being Arsenal. My brief experience watching women's football (never again) comes from the BBC who broadcast their FA Cup final and even showed their World Cup I mentioned if I remember correctly.

Anyway getting back to the question, no I have nothing against women playing football. And anyone who does based on the fact they are female needs to have a serious look at themselves.

AD16, i think you're exagerating...
Man will always be stronger and faster, but women could acquire more technical skills...
It could be possible one day that some very good women could play with men, but that will always be exceptions.
But apart from that it's possible that women's football will become more attractive than football for men (now that is already the case in tennis and volleyball).

I didn't say the day will be soon . men's football 50 years ago was no good also .
football is not all about strenght , there are some women that could make crouch fly whit a shoulder push and I'm sure there are a lot of girls that are faster than boukhari :lol:
now seriously two years ago when I was in brest , I was second coach in a small club's U13 team and in this category it's mixt . the best player in the whole group of aroud 40 kids was a girl .
now of course even the national teams are weak but there are actually some players that can play with men in some clubs .
maybe in 20 years the idea won't seem crazy .

I have a 6 year old daughter who to my surprise, turns out to be a football freak.
My daughter desperately wanted to play football and so she plays with the boys...and guess what??? She's good, she's the only girl in the "first" team of her age...as her father i'm obviously biased, but her coach seems to think that she's good...

Yesterday there was a Cup match on Belgian television (KV Mechelen - Zulte Waregem, not exactly two big teams). I was readinga book, she turned on the television saw the match and starte'd to look at it...after a while she even explained the off-side rule to her mother...the ultimate test.
:)

It's ridiculous, but i was a proud father...

:) really nice, stan

Man will always be stronger and faster, but women could acquire more technical skills...
It could be possible one day that some very good women could play with men, but that will always be exceptions.
Yeah I agree with that actually, technical skill is definitely something women are capable of matching men at. Because of this, mixed sex teams in football may be a possibility though I would still doubt it personally. If not down to the issue of ability, a mixed game would probably be blocked by the football hierarchy anyway. In a recent case I remember, a very talented female player from Mexico tried to join one of the club teams over there (men's obviously). Anyway, the move might have gone ahead but FIFA disallowed it stating that it could never happen. Here is an article on the story.
But apart from that it's possible that women's football will become more attractive than football for men (now that is already the case in tennis and volleyball).
Do you seriously believe that? The fact is that football is predominantly a mans game and I don't see anything happening in the future to change the balance myself.
men's football 50 years ago was no good also.
What are you basing this on pogoss? 50 years ago the Mighty Magyars were playing some of the best football ever seen. I'm sure the spectators back then would not agree with your thinking. I could give other examples but I think most footy fans should already know the quality there was around at that time. Obviously the game has progressed and areas like speed are much more crucial to the game now. But you can't say that this and the other changes over time mean that the game back then was in any way inferior.

Last edited:
What are you basing this on pogoss? 50 years ago the Mighty Magyars were playing some of the best football ever seen. I'm sure the spectators back then would not agree with your thinking. I could give other examples but I think most footy fans should already know the quality there was around at that time. Obviously the game has progressed and areas like speed are much more crucial to the game now. But you can't say that this and the other changes over time mean that the game back then was in any way inferior.
now again you're mixing the particular case with the general one .
I'm talking about the general case not about the bests in that time . even now football is not only ronaldinho and shevchenco . but just wach some games of the old time not necessarily 50 years ago , even 30 years ago the defenses were weak the play was static .
I still remember that awfull rule that allow you to pass the ball to the keeper for him to take it by hand . I've recently watched morccan first campain they've broadcasted in moroccan sport tv and even germany NT was like an amateur team compared to nowadays football .

I voted for "Ridiculous", not because I don't think they should play, but I don't think they play very well and I don't think it's entertaining to watch. A lot of the goals seem to be from long range, it's sort of hit and hope and taking advantage of the poor goalkeeping. Sort of like Frank Lampard. ;)

Maybe it will get better in the future and it'll become nearly as popular as the male game. :)

Last edited:
I voted ridiculous.

Women CAN'T match the male physical presence when it comes to football. If someone like Essien came in on a female and did one of his infamous horror tackles they wouldn't be able to handle it.

They just can't match the men at all, it would be stupid watching it. I hate all this bolix about "liek omfg youre sexist- equal rights equal rights equal rights etc etc". Ah cry me a river, I'm just telling it like it is ffs!

what the fuck is wrong with people in this thread.

The discussion is not about which form of football is better. There is no argument there.

Read it again. Its about whether women should get their own competitive leagues to play in. Football is for everyone. Football is about having fun, and playing as a team, why aren't women allowed to experience it? Lets get rid of arcane stereotypes. When I was growing up and playing as a kid at school for example, there were girls that were actually better footballers than the lads.

I'm surprised that there are people in here that are concerned that their daughters are getting into football, as they don't want them to be tom-boys. I personally find that quite disgusting. Let you kids be who they want to be, not who society, or indeed you want them to be.

I honestly can't see mixed professional teams in the future, because of the physical mismatch. But we should try and break down barriers of prejudice and sexism.

And besides, I have a thing for sporty women, so...:p

lol - i saw clips of marta current female world player of the year... boy did she have some skill.. if they are up for it and sepp blatter has no problem , why not......

Back
Top Bottom