Woo hoo another broken 360 to add to the long list

Coopz

Retired Footballer
27 April 2002
Yep my 360 is fucked joining the many people who have had problems since release

did anyone see Watchdog the other day?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56-gQq62Hyc

well since that M$ has responded

In an official statement issued to GamesIndustry.biz, Microsoft said that the "vast majority" of Xbox 360 owners have had an "outstanding experience" with the console.

But the platform holder went on to concede: "That being said, we have received a few isolated reports of consoles not working as expected.
"It's important to note that there is no systemic issue with Xbox 360 - each incident is unique and these customer inquiries are being handled on a case-by-case basis."

Microsoft has not revealed details of how many Xbox 360 units have been found faulty, but did state that the return rate is "significantly lower" than the CE industry average of between 3 and 5 per cent.

They talk absolute bollocks, to says there is no systemic issue is a disgrace. Just look on ebay for faulty 360's and see if there is no "systemic issue".

How they get away with building a shoddy machine is unreal. The funny thing is a fix for the "3 rings of death" is to wrap ur 360 in a towel for an hour so the motherboard bends and the solder joins again, haha nice work M$

They always seem to break after the warrenty has ended

and i dont have one

How they get away with building a shoddy machine is unreal.
I dont know, but all I can say is $ony got away with building 13 faulty revisions of the PS2............so its not like faulty consoles are anything new and $ony did nothing but deny it just like M$ is doing..................move along nothing new to see here................

My buddy had problems with his, he is now on his third one.... and it still gives him issues... sorry mr coopz... I dont recall the ps2's ever having alot of problems my first generation one with a flip top still works.... Microsoft is the king of releasing faulty crappy software and letting the users of it, find bugs. They have that kind of market power unfortunately and all they care about is the bottom line. It would cost them way to o much to recall them so they hope and pray your warranty runs out. Coopz I would go buy another one, put your old in the box and take it back and say it doesnt work and try and get your money back... worth a shot...

Last edited:
Its a poorly designed console and the sooner Microsoft turn round and admit it the easier it will be for people.

From what I hear now any new machine that ships is fitted with a new DVD drive that doesnt make the machine sound like a plane is taking off

Its a poorly designed console and the sooner Microsoft turn round and admit it the easier it will be for people.

From what I hear now any new machine that ships is fitted with a new DVD drive that doesnt make the machine sound like a plane is taking off

really, mine is very loud.. hmm maybe i should take mine back for a new one..

I recently got mine fixed...I think I might sell it and buy another one if the new quiet models have come out(?)

I dont recall the ps2's ever having alot of problems my first generation one with a flip top still works....

I remember there being quite a lot of problems with the PS2 when it first came out (the original shape one that is). I actually ended up buying another one and later got that fixed by changing the laser. I'm presuming the flip top one you mentioned is the newer smaller model(?). There were something like 5 revisions of the PS2 before the smaller one came out...

The sad fact is that Sony/Microsoft are having to cut costs without affecting the high priced graphics capabilities...sadly the components (CD lasers and PSUs in particular) end up losing out.

(If you have brought a £20 DVD player from Asda or summat, you'll know what I'm talking about :( )

Last edited:
Well Coopz, I would be happy enough for you to complain if you had a machine that wasn't chipped, so for now no more complaining due to MS, you know the risks of chipping a machine, so the initial outlay you have is down to being able to play games for basically free, tis not as if you were filling MS's pockets full of money from software sales.

what are u talking about???

i still paid £300 for my 360 and the problems have nothing to do with flashing

as for games they have nothing to do with it, so its only justified in having a go at M$ if i buy games?

dont make me laugh microsoft was happy for the £300 i gave them im not happy with what they gave me

the good ol days:

hw-SNES-PAL-Oblique.jpg

I gave my one to a pesky cousin a few years ago (I still regret it). It's been under his bed gathering up dust as he wasn't impressed with the graphics (kids these days eh?). A few weeks ago (while visiting) I connected it up and it's still working no probs :)

what are u talking about???

i still paid £300 for my 360 and the problems have nothing to do with flashing

as for games they have nothing to do with it, so its only justified in having a go at M$ if i buy games?

dont make me laugh microsoft was happy for the £300 i gave them im not happy with what they gave me

They also gave you a full year guarrentee lad, which you knew you would terminate as soon as you flashed the machine. You paid 300 pound which you then went about and thought, ah well, I can play all the latest games for free for by flashing my drive, so thus you surrendered you priveledge to getting it repaired for free. I am full of sympathey for anyone who has bought a machine and use it, and then have to wait for it to be returned or get a new one when it goes wrong. But you made a choice lad, and at 300 quid MS aint making money on it and you know it.

did you even read what i put? my guarentee has already ran out so how have i surrendered my priveledge to get it repaired for free when i cant anyway?

and id love to know how there not making the £300 i gave to them, free games or not whats that got to do with the shitty made consoles M$ build

I recently got mine fixed...I think I might sell it and buy another one if the new quiet models have come out(?)

I remember there being quite a lot of problems with the PS2 when it first came out (the original shape one that is). I actually ended up buying another one and later got that fixed by changing the laser. I'm presuming the flip top one you mentioned is the newer smaller model(?). There were something like 5 revisions of the PS2 before the smaller one came out...

The sad fact is that Sony/Microsoft are having to cut costs without affecting the high priced graphics capabilities...sadly the components (CD lasers and PSUs in particular) end up losing out.

(If you have brought a £20 DVD player from Asda or summat, you'll know what I'm talking about :( )
nah the flip top one i had was one of the first ones out christmas 1999 i beleive or maybe it was 2000 or whenever the first ps2 came out... I was lucky to get one when people were lining up for blocks and blocks to get one...

Original Posting

Just got me an XBox 360 Premium and 2 Wireless pads for £288

No games though haha

Ill have to go and get table tennis for 25 boona

Quote taken from the XB360 thread posted on the 29th of June. So then really it should still be in Warranty then right?

Last edited:
nah the flip top one i had was one of the first ones out christmas 1999 i beleive or maybe it was 2000 or whenever the first ps2 came out... I was lucky to get one when people were lining up for blocks and blocks to get one...

Nah, you were just lucky you got one that worked and still does work. ;) Out of all my friends who bought launch PS2's, only one of them didnt have problems with their PS2.

Nah, you were just lucky you got one that worked and still does work. Out of all my friends who bought launch PS2's, only one of them didnt have problems with their PS2.
The old style PS2's were nothing but trouble in my case. Extremely loud fan, disk read errors, disk tray motor problems. Had to buy another one because my first completely conked out after the guarantee period ended. The next one I bought had constant disk reading trouble as well, which by strange coincidence started just after it's guarantee had finished too. I had to open that bugger more than once to keep it working. Anyway, thats my experience of them. Now use a slimline which has been trouble free since I got it.

Last edited:
They always seem to break after the warrenty has ended

and i dont have one

sadly(and sorry for the late reply) nowadays ANY products needs to have a in-store warranty gotten for it because the market is just to risky with how mass produced everything is nowadays.

A friend of mine bought the 360 didn't buy a warranty through the store he bought it from and when he had problems with it microsoft treated him badly and took more time from him then it would have taken to just go back to the store in which he bought it from and exchange it out. i bought the 360 from the same store but with a warranty for 2 years. i have no worries if this sucker goes.it'll be just be go into the store and walk out with a new one.

This same friend recnetly bought a PS3 from the same store and didn't buy a warranty for it instore. again he's saying now the unti is getting hot and he's worried. i suggested he buy the warranty and after the debacle he had with microsoft over the 360 he's should be going now to get the warranty for it.

don't take chances. figure that if you buy somethin nowadays it's a investment you wanna protect. it's like buyin a plasma. You have the 2 thousand or so for it why not spend that extra 300 just in case it craps out on you. same thing with game consoles now. it's too eisky when you pay for these mass produced things.

Microsoft offered their own 2 year warranty but they did extend their warranty too a full year. So anyone who bought the two year gets there money back.

I.m sorry but you have to be completely stupid to believe the hype surrounding any console being completely defective.

Its like the old saying get good service tell a few ppl get bad service tell the world yeah there a few bad console out-there but come on they sold millions and i can tell you guaranteed the percentage of major faults are low.
But its always the same New console comes out and its a disaster lol.

I agree with Mr Coopz Microsoft need to sort this out. I am now on my 3rd console, the machine is just not reliable. Although gotta give credit to Microsoft in terms of them replacing my machines within a week or so each time they broke down. But still very poor.

I bought a launch PS2 ad still have it. My imported PS3 has had no probes thus far and I have not come across people having mass problems with the PS3 but I guess we will really find out when it is launced here next month.

Phone them up, argue a bit and they might fix it for free. I know other people over their 12 months and got it fixed for free :)

the new dvd drive is a benQ one which is supposed to be quite
anyone know if you can extend your warranty

Back
Top Bottom