World Cup 2006 on WE10

Harrier du Bois

League 2
18 March 2002
It had been issued in another thread and I played around a bit and i think this is as close as we can get:

1. start a World Cup (duh)
2. choose group name 1-8 !!! (Thanks WalterVF)
3. Groups: (Teams have to be in the following order!!)

1) Germany
Poland
Ecuador
Costa Rica

2) France
South Korea
Togo
Swiss

3) Argentina
Serbia-Montenegro
Netherlands
Ivory Coast

4) Italy
USA
Czech Republic
Ghana

5) Spain
Tunisia
Saudi-Arabia
Ukrain

6) England
Trinidad&Tobago
Sweden
Paraguay

7) Brasil
Australia
Japan
Croatia

8 ) Mexico
Angola
Portugal
Iran

This will give you the correct order of WC-games untill the semi-finals, though some home and away positions are mixed up. In the semi-finals you can possibly meat a team from your group which is impossible in real life.

Have fun.

"In the semi-finals you can possibly meat a team from your group which is impossible in real life" by erichlebt

why is it impossible in real life? In 2002 WC Brazil played against Turkey in the semi final and yet they were in the same group. Thank for your help by the way good work..

sorry you were right, Ive checked this World Cup schedule and two teams from the same group cannot meet twice unless they both make it to the final or 3rd place match

Won't that specific order within each group change the order of who each team plays during the actual 2006 World Cup? For example, England plays Paraguay, Trinidad & Tobogo, then Sweden. With your setup England plays Trinidad & Tobogo, Sweden, then Paraguay. I haven't played more than a few matches using the group 1-8 format and the team order from another thread. When I played as England, they followed the actual game schedule posted on the Fifa World Cup site. I'm not criticizing you, I'm just curious if setting up the order so each team follows the actual schedule will mess up the format as the teams progress to later rounds. The teams would still be in the same groups that you posted, just in a different order. Would you explain what would happen? Thanks.

Golden Go@l said:
Won't that specific order within each group change the order of who each team plays during the actual 2006 World Cup? For example, England plays Paraguay, Trinidad & Tobogo, then Sweden. With your setup England plays Trinidad & Tobogo, Sweden, then Paraguay. I haven't played more than a few matches using the group 1-8 format and the team order from another thread. When I played as England, they followed the actual game schedule posted on the Fifa World Cup site. I'm not criticizing you, I'm just curious if setting up the order so each team follows the actual schedule will mess up the format as the teams progress to later rounds. The teams would still be in the same groups that you posted, just in a different order. Would you explain what would happen? Thanks.

What order did you use because I tried this one and the one in the other thread and couldn't get it right unless i messed something up. Thanks.

Ezio

Golden Go@l said:

No problem mate,

from what i've recognized so far for me when using the "normal" group-members order (e.g. 1st group: Germany ; Costa Rica ; Poland ; Ecuador) the order of games is mixed up. Thats why I played around with the team order, just by changing two teams the game-order gets mixed up.

By using the official order you get 1st round games like
Costa Rica vs Poland
Germany vs Ecuador
Swiss vs Korea
France vs Togo
Argentina vs Netherlands
Italy vs Czech
Spain vs Saudi Arabia
England vs Sweden
Brasil vs Japan

aso which arent the actual first round games.

By changing the group order to the one I posted I get the correct 1st 2nd 3rd round matches like

Germany vs Costa Rica
England vs Paraguay
France vs Swiss
Argentina vs Ivory Coast
Brasil vs Croatia

aso.

It's simply a change from order 1234 ( Germany , Costa Rica ; Poland ; Ecuador) to order 1342 in each group. Only thing, as I mentioned before, is that some 2nd and 3rd round matches wont have the correct home-away setting.

I'm pretty convinced that there might even be another group-order that gives you the complete correct preliminary games but I havent found that one yet.

Pretty happy with what I got.

Cheers

At least I know with PES 4 and WE9I the order is somewhat random but usually after three or so tries I can get the correct order to work. The order that works for me is 1,3 1,2 1,4 Each number denotes the team position within the group. So give this a shot, I will use his group classification as a template. 1,3 is almost always the first game when you try to do this however sometimes they switch up 1,4 and 1,2. First post is the order of the games so for Group A Germany plays Costa Rica first, then Poland then Ecquador, the other games fall automatically into order if you get the first team's order right.

Group A

Germany
Costa Rica
Poland
Ecuador

Group B

France
Swiss
South Korea
Togo

Group C

Argentina
Ivory Coast
Serbia-Montenegro
Netherlands

Group D

Italy
Ghana
USA
Czech Republic

Group E

Spain
Ukraine
Saudi-Arabia
Tunisia

Group F

England
Paraguay
Trinidad&Tobago
Sweden

Group G

Brasil
Croatia
Australia
Japan

Group H

Mexico
Iran
Angola
Portugal

Then the correct order you should enter it will be the following (make sure you place your player controlled team in this order). This works for me not sure if it will work for everyone else so no flame pls. This is 1,3 1,2 1,4

Group A

Germany
Poland
Costa Rica
Ecuador

Group B

France
South Korea
Swiss
Togo

Group C

Argentina
Serbia-Montenegro
Ivory Coast
Netherlands

Group D

Italy
USA
Ghana
Czech Republic

Group E

Spain
Saudi-Arabia
Ukraine
Tunisia

Group F

England
Trinidad&Tobago
Paraguay
Sweden

Group G

Brasil
Australia
Croatia
Japan

Group H

Mexico
Angola
Iran
Portugal

This is 1,3 1,4 1,2.

Group A

Germany
Ecuador
Costa Rica
Poland

Group B

France
Togo
Swiss
South Korea

Group C

Argentina
Netherlands
Ivory Coast
Serbia-Montenegro

Group D

Italy
Czech Republic
Ghana
USA

Group E

Spain
Tunisia
Ukraine
Saudi-Arabia

Group F

England
Sweden
Paraguay
Trinidad&Tobago

Group G

Brasil
Japan
Croatia
Australia

Group H

Mexico
Portugal
Iran
Angola

Hope this helps.

ezio said:
What order did you use because I tried this one and the one in the other thread and couldn't get it right unless i messed something up. Thanks.

Ezio

Just re-checked it and appears to be fine for me. Dont forget to set group names to 1-8 not A-H. Cant imagine anything other than that beeing the fault or just re-check the teams.

If you take the official order (group 1: 1 Germany ; 2 Costa Rica ; 3 Poland ; 4 Ecuador) you will simply need to change that 1234 into a 1342 for each group.

Maybe I could help.

Cheers

Last edited:
beyndtstng said:
At least I know with PES 4 and WE9I the order is somewhat random but usually after three or so tries I can get the correct order to work. The order that works for me is 1,3 1,2 1,4 Each number denotes the team position within the group. So give this a shot, I will use his group classification as a template. 1,3 is almost always the first game when you try to do this however sometimes they switch up 1,4 and 1,2. First post is the order of the games so for Group A Germany plays Costa Rica first, then Poland then Ecquador, the other games fall automatically into order if you get the first team's order right.

Could be, gonna check on that one, but I opened numerous world cups in WE10 with the setting posted and always got the correct order of games, cant imagin it beeing coincidence.

Anyway, never say never, thanks mate.

but ex. England, Trinidad&Tobago, Sweden and Paraguay is not in group 6, they are inn group 2..

Why have you mixed that up?

erichlebt said:
Just re-checked it and appears to be fine for me. Dont forget to set group names to 1-8 not A-H. Cant imagine anything other than that beeing the fault or just re-check the teams.

If you take the official order (group 1: 1 Germany ; 2 Costa Rica ; 3 Poland ; 4 Ecuador) you will simply need to change that 1234 into a 1342 for each group.

Maybe I could help.

Cheers

I did do 1-8 and not A-H but maybe i messed up the order. I will double check. Thanks.

Ezio

cdahl said:
but ex. England, Trinidad&Tobago, Sweden and Paraguay is not in group 6, they are inn group 2..

Why have you mixed that up?

Thats due to the structure of the games tournament. In real life there will be

winner group A vs runner-up group B and of course
runner-up group A vs winner group B

and so on. If you look at the table the game shows while selecting teams you will see that here the games are

winner group 1 vs runner-up group 6

and alike. Thats why you have to change groups to get a nearly realistic world cup in WE10.

guys one question , me and a mate wanted ( and did ) play a world cup with two different teams in we10, but as our teams met in the semifinals there was no fucking option for playing versus with a second pad ? only player one could choose the kits and change his formations , the team formerly controlled by the second player now became a normal cpu opponent for player 1... please tell me we did something wrong or miss an option ( what i'm pretty sure of we didn't ) because if not i never ever will buy a pes/we game again after wasting so much time for absolutly nothing !

I tried the order posted in douglemcnori's 'Anyway to replicate the World Cup on Winning Eleven 10' thread by PaoloRink. I haven't yet progressed passed the first round using PaoloRink's or erichlebt's order, but I have noticed that who you play within your four team group seems random. Sometimes the correct order occurs, other times not. :)

Using the official list on the FIFA World Cup site and then restructuring using the 1-8 format, then applying your order within each group, Group 1-8 have the order 1423 not 1342. Maybe a type-o? Thanks. :)

Last edited:
Golden Go@l said:
Using the official list on the FIFA World Cup site and then restructuring using the 1-8 format, then applying your order within each group, Group 1-8 have the order 1423 not 1342. Maybe a type-o? Thanks. :)

Thanks. I will try that.

Ezio

If someone opens a new thread on an existing topic it would make sense to provide a link to the old thread.

Now for someone else to open a new thread about how to play the world cup.......

Golden Go@l said:

as i mentioned i started lots of wc's with the structure mentioned (1342), ALWAYS got the correct games, cant see it beeing random or coincidence. No offense to anyone experiencing problems or other codes working, only stating what i experience.

If it doesnt work for you, try any other code provided.
If this also wont help, sorry pal, have no clue what the problem might be.

No worries. :) The 1423 I mentioned is the same as your 1342. Its backwards. I was using the FIFA World Cup site list as my start (1234) and then the order of the teams you used as the result (1423).

For example:

FIFA
1. Germany
2. Ecuador
3. Costa Rica
4. Poland

Your List
1. Germany
4. Poland
2. Ecuador
3. Costa Rica

The result is a 1423 order.

You did the reverse:

Your List
1. Germany
2. Poland
3. Ecuador
4. Costa Rica

FIFA
1. Germany
3. Ecuador
4. Costa Rica
2. Poland

The result is a 1342 order.

erichlebt said:
2. choose group name 1-8 !!! (Thanks WalterVF)

Hey man, thanks for remembering me ;)

I'm just glad I could help, and great work on the teams order by the way!

Congrats :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom