World Cup 2010 - Brazil Thread - Hexa so em 2014

Re: World Cup 2010 - Brazil Thread - Penta, So o Brasil!

I agree about the Dani Alves critic but we have to remember he hasnt played in his real postion one minute...

About the macth today, i expected it to be a numb macth since all Portugal needed to clinch their spot was a draw so as Brazil, that only needed a draw to clinch the 1st place adding to all that Brazil didnt have Kaka and Robinho... Its pretty clear our scheme is Robinho and Kaka dependend... Elano was missed today too, never thought id say that since i rate him as an average player, but he is doing very well for us.

About Melo, imo we lost the midfield battle once he was sub, Josue was terrible(as expected), didnt defend or pass well imo.

Last edited:

BRASIL 3 - 0 CHILE

JUAN (35')
LUIS FABIANO (38')
ROBINHO (59')

MAN OF THE MATCH: ROBINHO

--
Our defense was pretty good today (Juan was the man of the match and not Robinho). :WORSHIP:

So, now it is between you and us :)

Can you cope with Robben? ;)
Of course your and our side have much more good players, but Robben is our bit of extra.

Maicon anc Co could cope with Robben at the CL final.. i hope its the same case.... Michel Bastos manage to mark A.Sanchez very well imo...

Well done Brazil! Great performance. Silenced many critics who were doubting you guys and not giving Dunga and the players the proper credit they deserve.

The problem with brazilian critics is that it seems they only apreciate our 1970 and 1982 teams... just pityfull... I on the otherside absoltly LOVE the 1994 team :D

I think the 2002 team was unstoppable.

"Joga Bonito" has been dead since the 1986 side but we can still appreciate some very good, classy football from the more "european", organised Brazil sides we're accustomed to these days.

"Joga Bonito" has been dead since the 1986 side but we can still appreciate some very good, classy football from the more "european", organised Brazil sides we're accustomed to these days.

Exactly, they tried to get this Joga Bonito back in 2006, and we all know the end of that...IMO theres no more place for Joga Bonito in nowdays phisical and super fast football, and thank god we(our coaches) noticed that back in 1994.

Exactly, they tried to get this Joga Bonito back in 2006, and we all know the end of that...IMO theres no more place for Joga Bonito in nowdays phisical and super fast football, and thank god we(our coaches) noticed that back in 1994.
The "European" style Brazil play these days is still far better football aesthetically than most other top international teams play, it's just Brazil set themselves ridiculous high standards, which is understandable given the 1970 and 1982 sides.

But like you said, such a style is not feasible in modern day football.

I have a lot of respect for Dunga, berated by the press after the failings of 1990, he recreated his own playing style and became more capable of dictating play from deep, which ultimately lead to the success of 1994.

Also scored a penalty in the 1994 final shoot-out and the one against Holland in 1998. If he'd been English, he would've been a big, big legend over here. Brazilian high standards, eh? :D

The "European" style Brazil play these days is still far better football aesthetically than most other top international teams play, it's just Brazil set themselves ridiculous high standards, which is understandable given the 1970 and 1982 sides.

But like you said, such a style is not feasible in modern day football.

I have a lot of respect for Dunga, berated by the press after the failings of 1990, he recreated his own playing style and became more capable of dictating play from deep, which ultimately lead to the success of 1994.

Also scored a penalty in the 1994 final shoot-out and the one against Holland in 1998. If he'd been English, he would've been a big, big legend over here. Brazilian high standards, eh? :D

Yeh, thats the thing here... plp rather worship "artist" like Socrates, Eder, Zico and the hole 1982/86 crew(that didnt win the WC) than pure winners like Dunga....

Before anyone goes crazy, im cleary not compraing Dunga to those players ok... i just think Dunga doesnt get enough credit here in Brazil from his achivments, only becasue he wasnt an artist of the sport. Imo he was one of the best DMF i ever seen on the picth, his trademark outside foot passing was terrific!

Who says he's not a legend here? People only have doubts about him as a coach :P

I dont think he is, at least not in the same level as Socrates, Zico, Eder, Junior and many many other players that never won a WC.

Just for football commentators. I consider him a legend for his leadership in the field, that's why Dunga was the only player that came to mind after that failure in 2006.

Just for football commentators. I consider him a legend for his leadership in the field, that's why Dunga was the only player that came to mind after that failure in 2006.

Yeh thats true, i was speaking about the critics... i too consider him a huge legend here..

Re: World Cup 2010 - Brazil Thread - Rumo ao Hexa Brasil!

Well the critics are funny... i'm astonished so many people criticize Brazil's game today since MANY were glad for their elimination in 2006, indirectly claiming Brazil were clowns, trying to show-off. It was the type of joy neutrals lived recently when Inter defeated Barcelona - a rather cynical attitude, if i may say so.

This being in the contrast with Brazil's game which i don't find cynical (as it's presented in today's press) - they still play positive, and -as soneone noticed- more offensive than most teams.

It's just like Spain being criticized these everytime they don't score 4-6 goals like in the Poland game. Someone even said after the Honduras 2-0 win "They couldn't do anything! they were pathetic" - which was laughable, seeing that the SOT ratio was 9-0.

Well the critics are funny... i'm astonished so many people criticize Brazil's game today since MANY were glad for their elimination in 2006, indirectly claiming Brazil were clowns, trying to show-off. It was the type of joy neutrals lived recently when Inter defeated Barcelona - a rather cynical attitude, if i may say so.

This being in the contrast with Brazil's game which i don't find cynical (as it's presented in today's press) - they still play positive, and -as soneone noticed- more offensive than most teams.

It's just like Spain being criticized these everytime they don't score 4-6 goals like in the Poland game. Someone even said after the Honduras 2-0 win "They couldn't do anything! they were pathetic" - which was laughable, seeing that the SOT ratio was 9-0.

Perfectly said!

Nice one! What's the name of the song that's played when goals are being shown? I like it.

You guys are a joy to watch at this World Cup.
You may not have 'as much' flair as in recent tournaments, which may not please certain people back home that want to win in style, but as a complete unit, you look perfect.
Worryingly, you look to have the best defence in the tournament, with the best keeper and one of, if not, the best centre backs too!
The worrying thing is that Juan also looks a world beater, when he's always been a little bit suspect in my opinion. :LOL:

Sorry to crash your thread with something slightly off topic from today's massive game, but West Ham have reportedly had a £12m (€15m) bid turned down for Neymar and will, again reportedly, be returning with an improved £16m (€20m) offer.

Santos director of football Pedro Luiz Nune said: "We received an offer from West Ham for Neymar worth £12.4m.

"Our position is clear, we are not interested in opening negotiations."

But I've also heard that we're merely negotiating a deal with Chelsea, that allows us to take the player on loan for a year, with them signing him.

I don't know much about the boy, but is he THAT good?

What are the news stories coming from Brazil? Any Santos fans with any idea of this story?

Cheers fellas and good luck today;))

Last edited:

Neymar is the next big thing here in Brazil(behind Paulo Henrique Ganso imo), he is the same style of player as Robinho(specially in his early career, but with better finnishing), so i really dont know if he would succed in England's physical play...
But u never know about those things, everyone bet Robinho would kill oponents in Spain and that didnt happen... But Neymar surely has the potential to be one of the best, he needs to get his offpitch mentality more mature though.

I was going for a brasil win too but I think Robben`s mind games put a few Brasilians to lose focus lol than Brommel did the same too. I never seen robinho so pissed

We lost emotionally. This team was good, was solid, but lacked the presence of a five times world champion.

They scored a lucky goal. At that time we should have the attitude of the biggest national team ever. We should be like "We are Brazil, we own this shit. Let's win".

The dutch realized the ref was unexperienced and was stoppiong the play everytime a player fall into the ground. And that got our team nervous. We are Brazil for fuck sakes, there's no way we can be that affraid of anyone!!!

funny how the ref was running w/ the red card then laughed oops I mean yellow lol

Another World Cup which disappointed me in my ideas about Brazil. They had one good half during the whole tournament(today's first) and did never show their real potential. This combined and some theatrical moves was the most important reason, why their are going home tomorrow. I used to like Lucio a lot during his time at Munich and still while staying with Inter, but his movement and actions after easiest tackles against him are ridiculous and disgusting. Melo's match showed Brazil's history during this world cup very good. Showing very good offensive parts in some moments but offer a large deficit in defence(no matter how good Lucio and Juan are, they had no real opponent in this tournament) and a loss of control during important situations. I hope we see an other Brazil in 2014, Dunga did really fuck up the beautiful football you played with guys like Ronaldinho just some years ago.

Too bad you didn't have Pato on the bench, he could have changed the game completely.

Back
Top Bottom