World Cup 2010 - Brazil Thread - Hexa so em 2014

Re: World Cup 2010 - Brazil Thread - Rumo ao Hexa Brasil!

Now what gerd, Albi and general Brazil 'haters'? (I know you are not haters but I cant think of a proper word).
Somethings were clear for you today,
There isnt a referees conspiracy like suggested.
There are divers and scumbags everywhere in every nation in every club, its our reality.
Robben was such a diving lady today, yet he is an amazing player, and this is what matters, the quality of football, of course not being a diver give you extra points,
Sneijder and Kuyt come to my mind. Kuyt is such a fighter and at the same time hes one of the most fair players around, what a guy! He and Sneijder are the reason I'll support them now, I don't care if van Bommel is a scumbag, or Heitinga and Ooijer, I live my life by picking the good things point of view.

Hope Holland can win for their first time now, like I said in the pool thread, I'd like to see some fresh champions, maybe a final between the Oranje and La Furia would be nice for me.

If he was there, wo you think he would enter the pitch?

Brazil was losing 25 minutos before the deadlock and we didn't add a striker. How come a team like Brazil finish a knockout game with only 2 forwards????

Why in the hell Dunga subbed Luis Fabiano?

I have been a fan of Dunga's work, but today he seemed shocked and forgot to make the substitutions!

Didn't Dunga had one substitution left?

O Tópico é brasileiro bora falar em portugues
Felipe Melo is too stupid
Dunga is a Coach very bad very bad #dungaburro

Bad luck Brazil. Excellent first half. First dutch goal was an unexpected flop wich gave the dutch the morale boost they needed to keep fighting and believing. Brazil lost focus and the fear of losing took over the players. A strange defeat...

Brazil didn't lose because of Felipe Melo. EVERYONE was nervous.
And that's true, Dunga ended the game with one substitution left. How come???????

@sauce: I do not think Robben dived today. There were really some bad fouls against him and Robinho should question himself if he has a proper definition of the words "fair" and "foul" in his mind. I think you are lucky to end it with ten, because one of your players(forgot who) had a yellow already and fouled harshly again(without getting another card, which have meant a loss of one man for the team) before getting subbed. To be fair I have to say, it is incredible, how Van Bommel could finish this game without a yellow card. He clearly had to get at least one, perhaps even two.

Yes, it is an enigma how can Van Bommel do so many fouls and not be booked more often. It´s becoming ridiculous...

bastos should of had a send off robinho,dani both were scared bastos would gotten his 2nd yellow, marching orders

@S-NipE: I know there were some fouls on him, but some were really just soft regular fouls that he jumped and make a huge scene, which is diving for me too but I make no huge deal about diving, it happens and piss me off but if you do it either, like Robinho, you can't complain.

Thats why I give a lot of credits to gentlemans like Kuyt, he can complain and loose his temper to any diver since he is a really fair player.
Kinda of like Zidane vs. Materazzi, that just made Zidane a bigger legend to me.

I feel very sorry for Robinho, he was so into this WC, he wasn't diving at all and was playing the games of his life. I can finally give some credits to him, but I'm sure that soon he will be back at his usual diving and poor performances, he can't help it, when he finally decide to be a fair player the team looses it, oh sweet carma.

Last edited:

Now what gerd, Albi and general Brazil 'haters'? (I know you are not haters but I cant think of a proper word).
Somethings were clear for you today,
There isnt a referees conspiracy like suggested.
There are divers and scumbags everywhere in every nation in every club, its our reality.
Robben was such a diving lady today, yet he is an amazing player, and this is what matters, the quality of football, of course not being a diver give you extra points,
Sneijder and Kuyt come to my mind. Kuyt is such a fighter and at the same time hes one of the most fair players around, what a guy! He and Sneijder are the reason I'll support them now, I don't care if van Bommel is a scumbag, or Heitinga and Ooijer, I live my life by picking the good things point of view.

Hope Holland can win for their first time now, like I said in the pool thread, I'd like to see some fresh champions, maybe a final between the Oranje and La Furia would be nice for me.

Mate reading this i remembered the Maicon dive in Chile game...very visible dive..

this is true..but the football this days is judged by strainge referees, who made this world cup a bit joke..

Poor luck Brazil, i bet at home in 2014 the football will be different...and you win..

I think you are lucky to end it with ten, because one of your players(forgot who) had a yellow already and fouled harshly again(without getting another card, which have meant a loss of one man for the team) before getting subbed.

That was precisely the clear example of a Robben dive. Michel Bastos didn't make contact there. In fact, he shouldn't have been booked in the 1st half to begin with. Robben spent 80% on the ground.

Robben and Van Bommel were pulling the strings for a weak and absent referee. Both of them learned well the "dark arts" of football. Please don't come telling us now that South Americans are the ones playing dirty out there.

Anyway, these aren't excuses for such defeat. Everybody knew that Felipe Melo was a ticking bomb ready to go off. It was also fault of the players who couldn't keep their cool and Dunga, who was too passive.

Don't know what happened in the 2nd half.

Out of words..

Good luck in 2014.

Who was talking about the Confederations Cup Curse? I can't find it now,

Anyway, more like the Mick Jagger curse :CURSE: Who is he gonna support now, 3 down already.

Who was talking about the Confederations Cup Curse? I can't find it now,

Anyway, more like the Mick Jagger curse :CURSE: Who is he gonna support now, 3 down already.

I hope Mick Jagger is a great fan of Messi. Go support Argentina now! :LOL:

he was sitting next to Bill Clinton and jumping when the US score the pen :(

That was precisely the clear example of a Robben dive. Michel Bastos didn't make contact there. In fact, he shouldn't have been booked in the 1st half to begin with. Robben spent 80% on the ground.

Robben and Van Bommel were pulling the strings for a weak and absent referee. Both of them learned well the "dark arts" of football. Please don't come telling us now that South Americans are the ones playing dirty out there.

Anyway, these aren't excuses for such defeat. Everybody knew that Felipe Melo was a ticking bomb ready to go off. It was also fault of the players who couldn't keep their cool and Dunga, who was too passive.

He did not hit him, but IF HE HAD there would have been a major injury and he calculated this. And doing this is a foul and at least a yellow, if not a red card, because you are thinking you can badly harm your opponent. Bastos(the name I was missing) did exactly this and I can understand Robben. I am sure you and me would have jumped too. And there were several of this situations. Tactic reminded me a bit of "Hack-a-Shaq"....

And I am not saying that Americans are the only ones playing dirty. And I never did. And I never will, because there were other hard fouls at this WC(remembering the foul against Elano, this was just brutal), but I will always pursue these guys doing such dumb and unfair actions during a match, because this is not the way football should be played. It is more like American Football or Rugby.

Brazil didn't lose because of Felipe Melo. EVERYONE was nervous.
And that's true, Dunga ended the game with one substitution left. How come???????

I gotta agree with that...
Unfortnatly Melo will be "killed" by the brazilian press and afterwords by the brazilian people... imo it will be very unfair...

In my view we had a GREAT 1st hald wher we should be 2x0 3x0 maybe and we didnt captlize... that holland 1st goal was a absolutly lucky, eihter that or julio cesar isnt as good as plp say... that was THE TURNING POINT of the macth... when they draw 1x1 i told my dad: we are gonna lose... same feeling i had in the last libertadores final when Estudiantes drew the macth 1x1 agaisnst Cruzeiro... coencidentialy the second goal were both on corners!

Yes, Brunnoce, that eery feeling of loss was looming all over the Brasilian side. 1:1 changed everything. Too bad the Dutch won like that. No flair, despite the great competitive attitude. Hungrier for the win. What a world cup...

Since Brazil is qualified for the next WC already how does these 4 years works now?
On the National Footie date we are gonna play which nations? Cause all top will be playing their qualifying aren't they? Maybe we will play against clubs?
Anyhow should be 4 years with no pressure and we should use it to develop players we desperate need, holding midfielders who can create something, enough with the offensive midfilders who cannot mark.

See while I think Dunga definitely deserves part of the blame as well and made some bad decisions, for me he's far superior to Maradonna.

And really if it wasn't for Julio Cesar suddenly making that mistake or rash stomp of Felipe Melo, would Dunga be out of the job right now and getting so much blame? I don't think so. Brazil could've and probalby would've qualified and maybe go on to win it.

Where as Argentina were simply outclassed, Brazil lost a tight match against a very good team with a couple individual mistakes.

See while I think Dunga definitely deserves part of the blame as well and made some bad decisions, for me he's far superior to Maradonna.

And really if it wasn't for Julio Cesar suddenly making that mistake or rash stomp of Felipe Melo, would Dunga be out of the job right now and getting so much blame? I don't think so. Brazil could've and probalby would've qualified and maybe go on to win it.

Where as Argentina were simply outclassed, Brazil lost a tight match against a very good team with a couple individual mistakes.

Grat post, couldnt agree more.... imo one loss cant hide the good job he made over these past 3 years.

Its very unfair what the media is doing here in Brazil, they forget that this is football, theres no logic in it... Dunga did all he could to win this WC, great preparation, players focused, commited players, no scandals(like in 2006) but still football is not a perfect science. Things like that holland 1st goal can happen and make your workd go down the drain in a sec.

Kaka and Robinho are over-rated anyways. Without new promising talent i don't see Brasil winning in near future, Kaka is no where near Rivaldo and Robinho is dreaming to be Ronaldo.

Kaka and Robinho are over-rated anyways. Without new promising talent i don't see Brasil winning in near future, Kaka is no where near Rivaldo and Robinho is dreaming to be Ronaldo.

Thats where ure wrong imo.. we have plenty of new talents coming up(Paulo Henrique Ganso, Neymar, Sandro, Coutinho, Guilherme, etc etc etc etc)

Dunga chose to not take any of them to the WC, he thought they wouldnt handle the pressure... imo he was right. Just because its working for Germany it doesnt mean it would work for us.

Also about Robinho, i think he is overrated on club level but imo he has been amazing for our national team in recent years and also had a pretty decent WC... Kaka had phisycal problems, wich we dont know if he will ever get his form back, press here says its a career treatining problem.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom