World Cup 2010 - England Thread

i have never seen capello this excited in my life. jesus, he almost seemed happy! i actually believe i saw him smiling (for a few seconds) in the post match interview :SHOCK: . WOW, that's a first time! :P
i have to say i'm sincerely impressed. the man is a living legend. he's won wherever he's gone in his carreer, and unlike other coaches who have won everywhere they went aswell, he's never coached the favourite team for the win. except his juventus days, he's always brought an underdog to victory.
and yet, despite all the titles, the champions leagues and all the glory he got, he still can get emotional for a group stage win at the world cup.

oh and btw, i really wouldn't wanna be terry when the world cup is over. as soon as fabio won't need him anymore, he will litterally EAT terry!

the only what i want is a fair match and a good ref. if england win i´m the first who congratulates you
and we need toni kross in our team for the standards, until now they are horrible

Last edited:
That attempted diving header by JT to block the shot was f'n amazing!! :D Beyond words!!

You gotta give him that! It looked soooo good! One of the moments of tournament for me and something that should be replayed and put into highlight reels over and over again.

Whats up here mates, are you afraid ? ;) I wish all of us Fans a good match and good luck. Have Fun

Last edited:
Fucking pathetic the referee. With things like these, you just dont want to see anymore football.

What's up with Peter Crouch, is he injured? Isn't he the guy with most goals, of those currently playing for England?

Capello will go of England and England will looking for a good coach

I think Capello has made it clear that the England team are un-coachable, the guy has won everything with everyone and even with the "golden generation" they look nothing more then a bunch of cloggers.

Dont want to offend any English friend,but i just want to say something,English players seems super footballers in premier leauge because its the best leauge in the world for sure,but i think English players are very overrated,the magic of the premier leauge make them look like best players in the world,but the truth is they have the best foreigner players and those English footballers looks amazing in the their club teams just because the teams are great and strong,but when it comes to N.T things change,thats why their N.T always end up with a big frusttration always for them...Just because of the leauge is great its funny to expect from the N.T to win the world cups,England will be never like Argentina,Brazil,Germany,Italy when it comes to N.T,England is a team just like Denmark,Sweden,Ireland or any other med-class N.T in Europe ,the difference is,the players are so overrated/famous/populer than Danish,Irish ones..Thats what makes England N.T look bigger and bigger which they are not..

Although England performance was shity, that goal been disalowed was an abosutly blow... I know all about 1966, but still, that goal was as clear as water.. ridiculous.

Btw, Barry is as slow as my grama.(nothing new here offcourse)

That decision was shocking but it won't change Blatter's mind in any way. He'll just conveniently forget about it.

At 2-2 it could be a completely different story.

However Germany ought to have been 3-0 up by then. I;ve said it before and I'll say it again the technical level of English players is poor.

Sky can keep hyping the EPL as the best in the world when the vast majority of players are from overseas and make the product look good.

Germany throughout the tourney have looked more fluid and accomplished and mentally tough as usual.

That said they have frailties at the back ie the centerbacks and keeper and rely on Ozil and Schweini but England are simply not good enough to exploit these.

The signs were there in the pre tournament friendlies and then the inevitable ratcheting up of glorious hopes after a scratchy 1-0 win over a nation of two million souls.

Yeah Barry wasn't alone. Terry, Upson, Johnson and especially Gerrard were absolutely disgraceful. Hollywood balls out for throws, repeatedly scuffing piss poor shots wide instead of passing to a better placed teammate, bar the cross for the goal it was a fucking woeful performance. Captain fantastic my arse.

Lampard and James were the only ones who can say they did alright.

The 'goal' was a sticking point and who knows what could have happened if it had've been given with a shift in the momentum but as it was we defended awfully and badly missed Ferdinand.

Germany deserved it, absolutely clinical on the counter attack.

Dont want to offend any English friend,but i just want to say something,English players seems super footballers in premier leauge because its the best leauge in the world for sure,but i think English players are very overrated,the magic of the premier leauge make them look like best players in the world,but the truth is they have the best foreigner players and those English footballers looks amazing in the their club teams just because the teams are great and strong,but when it comes to N.T things change,thats why their N.T always end up with a big frusttration always for them...Just because of the leauge is great its funny to expect from the N.T to win the world cups,England will be never like Argentina,Brazil,Germany,Italy when it comes to N.T,England is a team just like Denmark,Sweden,Ireland or any other med-class N.T in Europe ,the difference is,the players are so overrated/famous/populer than Danish,Irish ones..Thats what makes England N.T look bigger and bigger which they are not..

Exactly this is the point.

Lampard was good indeed...
About James, he did good to, but in that 3rd goal i felt he could have saved it... the ball was right at him and he jumped to the otherside... anyway, he definatly cant take any blame in this disqualification.

Why the hell is Gerrard even a starter? Some1 quicker and more intelligent should be backing up Lampard which had a much better season then Gerrard. He should be the key player in England, not Steven.

Btw, Cole + Johnson = a joke defending and attacking
Rooney just confirmed my theory, every player in that Nike Commercial is playing sh*t, lets just hope Ronaldo can prove me wrong but so far it has been consistent.

England sent their CBs forward for set-pieces and there's always a risk of being exposed at the back. Johnson could have fouled Schweinsteiger cynically for the 3rd goal though. In all honesty, England lost to a much superior TEAM.

England were lacking a midfielder who is capable of breaking up play and provide protection to the back four. Barry isn't that kind of player. Its clear that they were not pressing enough. Sure the defending for Germany's first goal were awful but Germany always seemed to have a lot of spaces to work into.

Why the hell is Gerrard even a starter? Some1 quicker and more intelligent should be backing up Lampard which had a much better season then Gerrard. He should be the key player in England, not Steven.

Btw, Cole + Johnson = a joke defending and attacking
Rooney just confirmed my theory, every player in that Nike Commercial is playing sh*t, lets just hope Ronaldo can prove me wrong but so far it has been consistent.

Robinho is not doing bad imo...

About Gerrard, why not use Gerrard and Lampard in the middle? It has been tried right?

Yeh Jumbo, i Agree... Hargreaves was definatly missed.. he is the pure DMC england missed.

Well if only he's fit. But still somebody like Parker or even Cattermole could have done a decent job IMO.

Back
Top Bottom