World Cup 2010 - France Thread - Bravo l'Espagne

Re: World Cup 2010 - France Thread - Allez les Bleus !

ROFL

I saw the match and you were just clueless on how to beat the chinese. With that team a 3-0 was a loss, yet you ended losing against them...

i edit, because it's versus China B team !

I'm glad I didnt see that match. They're so pathetic, are they real professional footballers ?

Starting eleven for tonight (FIFA Source)

------------------Lloris--------------------
-------------Gallas-----Abidal--------------
Sagna---------------------------------Evra
-----------------Toulalan------------------
-----------Gourcuff------Diaby------------
---Govou--------------------------Ribery--
------------------Anelka-------------------

No Malouda, clash yesterday with Domenech :ANX:
good for Diaby, but i prefer see Ribery to the right, Malouda on the left, because Govou = ghost

this france team has no chemistry whatsoever...and domenech make it worse adding some awful changes...Govou was non existant during this game and only sub him whentheres 5min left to the game for Gignac to replace him to play in the same position???

Malouda should have started the match

Anelka was a running everywhere for nothing

Diaby was the only solid link to this france team
gourcuff was poor tonite didnt show himself as a true playmaker for the team, while ribery was well marked by the defenders

diaby had a good game

I really cant see France getting trough the stage group...

Poor game. Poor teams. Poor Domenech.

I thought Henry would come in for Govou or at least when Malouda came in later, he would do so and Ribery would swap wings to right. But he took out Anelka and Gourcuff. Not that it would've mattered much I think and they weren't having the best games themselves anyway but Sidney wasn't doing $hit either and yeah he stayed until the final minutes.

Problem for both teams was the pitch. Very wet. The game was probably the worst one we'll see in this World cup and I think the weather had a lot to do with it. Players and even ref kept slipping and it slowed the ball down and passes....

France had one good chance this game at the beginning where Govou missed the ball. Forlan could've also won it for Uruguay tho with a good chance which he put wide.

Diaby who arguable shouldn't even be in the squad let alone in the 1st team was actually a pleasant surprise and one of France's best players. His height, energy and industriousness reminded me of Vieira's young days in some ways...

Last edited:

I watched weather forecasts, that were more interesting than this game.

quote from pes-serbia forums...

EDIT: Some guy said that game should be taped and sold as insomnia cure :LOL:

Last edited:

It's true! :D

Sadly I think the weather itself :P had a lot to do with the low quality though.

@Steve, and still, he put a goal on a platter for Govou to score on the 16th minute by darting past the side defender and delivering as good a pass as he could. So had Sidney put that away, France could've won perahps with Ribery making that goal essentially.

Domenech do same sh** to preparation games

Anelka in AC (real position arounf a striker or on right side)
Gignac on the right (it's a AC !!!)

Domenech don't have the bo***cks to put Ribery on the right and Malouda on the left in the starting eleven ?
Or play without a very tired Gourcuff, with Toulalan, Diaby, Ribery in Midfield, Malouda, Gignac (Henry or Cissé) and Valbuena (Anelka) ?

not bad Toulalan and nice Diaby like always.

Look on the bright side. Either you'll qualify from this group or you're likely two matches away from the END of Domenech! :D :LOL:

Something was missing no doubt France look threatening in the last 5 minutes. Must give credit to Uruguay rock solid defending everywhere.

The French selection is pathetic, it has great players, but play lousy, Would not surprise me that they are eliminated in the group stage

@Steve, and still, he put a goal on a platter for Govou to score on the 16th minute by darting past the side defender and delivering as good a pass as he could. So had Sidney put that away, France could've won perahps with Ribery making that goal essentially.

If my auntie had bollocks, she'd be my uncle...

He never done much else though.
Few tricky runs but gave the ball away far too much.

The Uruguayans done a good job by not allowing him space and time to turn and run at them, but a player of his supposed calibre should have more in his locker at this level, to take hold of a game.

If my auntie had bollocks, she'd be my uncle...

:D :LMAO:

Yeah my point being, its not his fault Govou missed that chance! If he had put it away, many would be talking about Ribery leading France to victory with that beautiful run and assist and therefore then him supposedly living up to his calibre.

Instead Sidney missed and so now we r saying Franck had a bad game and was rubbish.

He wasnt. He wasnt good either tho. Average like most of the team but actually provided one huge opportunity which couldve changed everything but was missed through no fault of his.

Domenech does like to surprise with his selections....

Not much of a spectacle. Suarez and Forlan don't operate as a pair and they were too isolated from the midfield. Took Tabarez far too long to bring on Lodeiro and unfortunately he did not last long.

Deserved red card. Godin was impressive and a draw is about a fair result.

Henry appealing for handball again ? ;)

My first world cup match live and this is what I get. I'm not sure what exactly was meant about the weather it was just a cool evening no rain or wind. The pitch on the otherhand was slippery and I was watching Sagna pick out pieces of turf from his boots. At least there was a nice vibe but both teams were very plain.

Forlan was getting agitated at having to drop so deep but Uruguay just don't have a midfield. France are just not a team. Gourcuff lacks vision to get the ball and distribute it quickly. Anelka was out of his better position. Govou's miss was ridiculous and Malouda looked much sharper pity Domenech is a cunt that is keeping this team apart. Diaby is a monster in the middle along with Toulalan. I can't help feeling Nasri and Benzema would have made all the difference for France.

The weather was nice I meant the pitch seemed so wet because of the rain earlier I suppose. That really affected the match. Brought the pace to almost a stand-still and passes weren't moving with the speed they should.

I think both teams were plain and boring anyway. No excuses. But the wet pitch didn't help the 'quality' of the match either.

And yeah Forlan and Suarez need to start hooking up better together. Only one time, they managed to combine effectively. For the rest of the 90 mins, they played as individuals rather than a strike partnership.

Toulalan good as always though. That cunt Lugano was trying to get him pissed off so he would see a 2nd yellow. Probably dirtiest player in World Cup. It's amazing how temperamental cheating bastards like him regularly get captaincy as well. A great role model! :LOL:

He is a good defender though. As a player, I rate him. As a person, he's always seemed like the biggest douchebag.

Gourcuff was a real disappointment, he seems to lack confidence on the bigger stage I think (AC Milan example) while when the pressure is less for Bordeaux he's fantastic.

Gourcuff was a real disappointment, he seems to lack confidence on the bigger stage I think (AC Milan example) while when the pressure is less for Bordeaux he's fantastic.
For sure isn't the Gourcuff of last year with Bordeaux, look very tired and this idiot of Domenech don't take a sub playermaker (Nasri or Cheyrou)

Gourcuff is overrated. That's a fact.

Our players should play for their country and not their own fame. Ribery has to change his behaviour. He wants to be the saviour, but he is no Zidane. Someone should teach him the basics of football.

Today, this team is pathetic. When i see Korea playing, I see 11 players running eveywhere. This is a huge contrast with France. This is not surprising, because during Euro 08, it was the same. But... we can still do well, I'm sure of it, but the players should start playing together asap.

Also, we never use throughballs. I want Cisse and Gignac, players who are motivated and get rid of Anelka (who never passes the ball) and Govou (who is useless and clubless, now we know why).

It's unbelievable that we can't score a single goal whoever the other team is.

France can't go anywhere with Gourcuff, Govou and Anelka as we saw them in the past 4 matches.
We need this :

--------Gignac--------
---------Henry-------- (best of worst solution)
Ribéry---------Malouda
Diaby---------Toulalan

France can't go anywhere with Gourcuff, Govou and Anelka as we saw them in the past 4 matches.
We need this :

--------Gignac--------
---------Henry-------- (best of worst solution)
Ribéry---------Malouda
Diaby---------Toulalan

I prefer see Malouda on the left and Ribery on the right, but i agree with Gignac, dn't score alot this season but it's the prototype we need in front.

My team :

-------------Gignac--------------
Malouda-------------------Ribery-
------------Gourcuff-------------
---------Diaby-------------------
---------------Toulalan----------
Evra------------------------Sagna
----------Abidal--Gallas---------
-------------Lloris--------------

I still make confidence on Gourcuff, need find this mark quickly with this new front animation.

If only Ben Arfa was in the team...

And Nasri !!
I don't agree with you about Gourcuff, he is so bad since january.
And i still think that hery may do the difference

Back
Top Bottom