World Cup 2010 - France Thread - Bravo l'Espagne

Re: World Cup 2010 - France Thread - Bye Bye les Bleus !

It is very a pity that such good team as France has acted so bad, I hope in the European championship 2012 there will be all on another.

Last edited:
Re: World Cup 2010 - France Thread - Bye Bye les Bleus !

Why did Domenech not shake hands with Parreira ?

That is very bad manners. Does he have a dispute with him as well ?
Apparently it's something about the red card.. but isn't a reason, it's ove when you are a man you shake the hand, it's a minimum of respect.

Re: World Cup 2010 - France Thread - Voila c'est fini...

You French should mark this day as a Holiday. Finally your going to get rid of the Domenech Curse. lol

I can't find a softer word for this. What a fuckin cunt this Domenech fella

YouTube - Raymond Domenech refuses to shake South Africa manager's Carlos Alberto Parreira's hand.

I think it's Marcel Desailly as a commentator saying it was because of the red card. But it's not their fault!

The Brazilian press, on the other hand, says that it was because of Parreira saying something about France's qualifying with a handball, but he himself doesn't remember saying it.

Either way, what a sore loser, bitter bastard Domenech. Good luck France with your next manager, because this one is nothing more than a charlatan.

Sore little bastard, this Domenech !
I bet he was all for shaking hands with Parreira back in 2006 when u guys beat us...

Im glad he is out of France, a great football nation with huge tradition cant have some "dude" like that in charge of it.

got to feel sorry for the coach though regardless what you think he has been through the mud even if your a bad coach not many has been undermined by media ,players and FFF it`s a lot can`t wait to read his memoirs

WOW ANELKA WAS RIGHT!
I bash Anelka everyday for his entire career, but this time i stand corrected.

I slept through the game - would anyone mind telling me WHY did Parreira show Gourcuff that red card? Don't think any highlights will feature that.

Here we have a World Cup winning coach, a coach who has been at 6 world cups and counting, being refused a handshake by a guy who'll have trouble finding work in the 4th division, cause no team in its right mind should hire him unless they have Zidane on the ro(o)ster.

Last edited:

Thanks for the clarification Thomas and AllezInter. :))

That's no reason no to shake his hand. It was a refereeing error to send Yoann off. Guess Raymond has even fewer friends in football than before.

Anyway time to put the whole sorry episode to bed and start anew after the Ministry Of Sport conclude it's inquiry.

adieu les bleus...
it's really a shame to see this group of good players to fail - there wasn't really a team on the pitch at all in the groupstage matches.
i think it's not just domenech responsible for this shame, but all the egoistic divas inside the squad...
i hope there will be a cut and a new start with blanc.

btw: what's the problem between players like anelka, ribery etc. and gourcuff?? i have read that he was disrespected or let's say bullied ?!?!

adieu les bleus...
i hope there will be a cut and a new start with blanc.

btw: what's the problem between players like anelka, ribery etc. and gourcuff?? i have read that he was disrespected or let's say bullied ?!?!
I really hope too, about the problem between the players we don't know the truth yet, but Evra speak very soon apparently.

What sucks in all that French drama, and everything else too, is that we have to talk about stupid managers, poor refereeing, egomaniac players, complains about the ball or the vuvuzelas, FIFA greedy bastards and more crap I can't remember now.
Footie is going downhill...

The thing is, they are all little princes : overpaid, overtallented and with bad education.
They all deserve to not be selected for the next months to come.

Bring on the youths.

Thanks for the clarification Thomas and AllezInter. :))

That's no reason no to shake his hand. It was a refereeing error to send Yoann off. Guess Raymond has even fewer friends in football than before.

Anyway time to put the whole sorry episode to bed and start anew after the Ministry Of Sport conclude it's inquiry.
The real reason it's because Perraira says it's a shame to see France in the World Cup few month ago.

december 6 :
http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2009/20091206_091115_parreira-une-honte.html

Would not have hurt still to shake his hand mon ami ? Makes him look graceless even if he has a genuine cause for complaint.
I agree, all French don't like and don't understand the Domenech reaction.

I agree, all French don't like and don't understand the Domenech reaction.

I doubt he will get any club to offer him a management role now either.

Well Thomas keep us all informed of the result's of the Ministry Of Sport's inquiry and how they apportion blame. :))

Wow, thanks ThomasGOAL.

But i'm sure no France fan from this forum can be upset at anyone saying what Parreira did because of Henry's hand ball. I'm sure no decent France fan WANTED that hand ball to happen. Domenech is a "special one" on that matter...

This French squad and their coach were a real embarassement for France.
I like French football and Ligue 1 enormously, and so i hope Leblanc will build a new team...

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/...cle2568335.ece

A wave of disgust washed over France this afternoon when the national football team went down 2-1 to South Africa, crashing out of the first round of the World Cup and sealing their disgrace as the worst national team in memory.

The players who had been flown to the World Cup in the first class cabin of a new Airbus A380 are thought to be booked on a second class return journey in the back of a Boeing 737 tomorrow.

“This is a dark day in the history of France,” said the commentator on TF1 television, the main national channel, as the final whistle blue in Bloemfontein. “This is a catastrophe for French sport. The 22nd of June, 2010, will be remembered as an absolute nightmare,” he added. The French squad and Raymond Domenech, their reviled manager, will fly home tomorrow to face the contempt of their country and an inquisition into their meltdown.

President Sarkozy has ordered a top-to-bottom “audit” of the national football machine after a performance that his Government holds to be an insult to the nation’s honour. “The government has to intervene as the reputation of France is at stake in this case,” said Roselyne Bachelot, the Sports Minister, after a pep talk with the team on Monday night.“I told the players they had tarnished the image of France. It is a morale disaster for French football. I told them they could no longer be heroes for our children,” she said. “They have destroyed the dreams of their countrymen, their friends and supporters.”

Mr Domenech, Patrice Evra, the captain until yesterday, and the other players will be asked to explain the breakdown that manifested itself in civil war inside the squad. Sunday’s mutiny, in which they refused to train in protest against the exclusion of Nicolas Anelka, was the final straw.

The French team, which reached the final against Italy in the 2006 Cup and won it in 1998, have emerged last in the first round in South Africa. Their players, each of whom earn between five and 20 million euros a year, scored a single goal in the tournament - by Florent Malouda in the 70th minute of today’s last match.

A national poll by the BVA agency found today that the public blamed the players first, but ranked Mr Domenech and the French Football Association close behind as the cause of the South African humiliation.

The media are calling for a purge of the whole squad. Mr Domenech’s replacement, by Laurent Blanc, was announced before the finals. Other stars are expected to go, including Anelka and possibly Franck Ribery. Thierry Henry, the last playing veteran of the 1998 victory will retire. Le Figaro called today for the whole squad to be sacked. “The honour of French football can only be assured if all those involved in the tragicomedy enacted in South Africa leave the scene permanently,” its editorial said.

Roselyne Bachelot, the French Sports Minister, earlier claimed she had reduced the players to tears after she told them they were a “moral disaster” and had brought shame on the country. “They applauded me and they were crying,” Bachelot said.

“I told the players that they are perhaps no longer heroes for our children,” she added. “It is the dreams of your partners, your friends, your supporters that you have broken. It is the image of France that you have tarnished. I said to the players that French football was confronting a disaster, not because it had lost a match, but because this disaster is a moral disaster.”

Assessing what he called “this fiasco from science fiction,” Bixente Lizarazu, a former Bleus star, said the football world must now analyse everything that had gone wrong since Domenech was reappointed manager in 2008 following France’s ejection from the Euro cup that year. “It was an error to keep him on. Everything fell apart from that moment. We have become the laughing stock of the world,” said Lizarazu, who is commentating for RTL radio from South Africa.

attachment.php

Intersting words from Evra. This could be juicy!!

"It's not the time now for the settling of scores, it's the time now for apologising and for feeling all the suffering that the millions of French are feeling," the Manchester United defender told French channel TF1.

"This apology goes directly to them. I wanted to do it yesterday but I was forbidden by my coach.

"I'm not going to go into details, I'll give a press conference during the week.

"I really respect the suffering the French are feeling at this failure.

"They need to know the truth, they need to know exactly what happened that this disaster came about.

"People will know how we came to this point. But I didn't come here to say that now, I came to say sorry.

"I'll repeat again that I wanted to say it yesterday but I was forbidden."

Evra, who insists he and his team-mates had every reason to go on strike on Sunday, also revealed he is baffled as to why he was dropped against Bafana Bafana.

He said: "Tonight there was no valid reason at all for why I wasn't on the pitch. I'm not a liar, I will tell the truth.

"People don't yet know the whole history (of Anelka) but you will.

"But you have to respect people and so there's a huge apology even if that doesn't change anything. I feel really bad, the French people even more so than me and you have to respect that today.

"I will detail everything, what I experienced, every minute. Believe me I won't hide anything, I will tell the truth.

"But believe me what I have to say, tonight is not the time.

"The French need to know and they will know, during the week, as soon as possible."

evra is a disgrace regardless of what went wrong.He needed to be united and protect ALL players for the sake on the team n country. Not make an ass because 1 player was being the escape goat. It`s better to shut it and stay at MTUD because No one can have a liability like him on any national team.

Err okay...

Sorry but whatever you said doesn't make any sense to me. How about wait until he speaks the truth then judge?

not sure if anything that comes out would make a major difference Evra just wanted everyone to know he was fit but wasn`t picked to play. The facts is they refuse to train when it benefited them to train. IMO nothing can change from that ....I `m not waiting to hear anything life moves on and France will rise up again.

REALLY curious to know what Patrice as to say about this. When is he going to talk?

And the French Soap Opera continues.... :LMAO:

Back
Top Bottom