World Cup 2010 - Germany Thread - Auf geht's !

oNeberlin

League 2
21 August 2007
Germany
Germany 2010

Tor:
Manuel Neuer
Hans-Jörg Butt
Tim Wiese

Abwehr:
Andreas Beck
Serdar Tasci
Marcell Jansen
Arne Friedrich
Holger Badstuber
Dennis Aogo
Jerome Boateng
Per Mertesacker
Heiko Westermann
Philipp Lahm

Mittelfeld:
Michael Ballack
Sami Khedira
Piotr Trochowski
Marko Marin
Mesut Özil
Christian Träsch
Bastian Schweinsteiger
Toni Kroos

Sturm:
Stefan Kießling
Mario Gomez
Miroslav Klose
Thomas Müller
Cacau
Lukas Podolski

I think Semir Gerkhan and Ben Jäger would make damage in the frontline. :LOL:

Ok seriously, you have a great and deep squad (look at the keepers for e.g.). Once again the germans aren't appointed as main favourites but they will do the job right. "Football is a game for 22 people that run around, play the ball, and one referee who makes a slew of mistakes, and in the end Germany always wins."

A big blow for Germany,the world cup will be missing one of the big stars as he always raises his game for his country.

Boateng is a f**king cnut. I'm glad Cech saved his penalty and I hope it haunts him for the rest of his life.Maybe next year Ballack could turn him into Ramsey.

Just noticed that he plays for Ghana who are in the same group with Germany...

And of course he's German himself and used to play for youth team and then recently decided to play for Ghana while younger brother will be representing Germany and go up against him, Jerome who's much better and headed for Man City it seems.

Sad news indeed! :( Wow all of Germany must really hate Kevin now! And yeah he's always been a troublemaker... he has a history of being a 'bad boy'.

Indeed! I really hate Boateng!!!! This f***** bitch!!! I hope someone is beating him so hard in World Cup so he can never play football again!!! This foul was clearly on purpose.

Jerome needs to beat up his older spoiled troubled brother! lol He's always been a bitch!!

That's harsh!? How bad was the tackle?

Extremely harsh and definitely on purpose. Don't forget they had a hefty argument something about three minutes before that. That was more like an assassination.

image_slshow_einzel_0_3.jpg

This and his fouls against Klose, Hasebe and Krstajic back in the day make Boateng a despicable subject, really. The worst thing about it is that he really seems to enjoy his idiotic bad boy image. Laughable if you take into consideration that he has yet to prove himself as anything more than a half decent player, if you ask me.

I'm not religious but I do believe in Karma, and KPB will have to suffer a lot before his will have balanced itself out, that's for sure.

Kevin-Prince-Boateng__12251781__q,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

tritt-11473370-mfbq,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

His brother Jerome really seems to be the polar opposite, hardly ever talking but whispering in front of the cameras. He tackles rudely here and there, but heck, he is a defender after all.
I don't think it's a good decision for him to leave Hamburg for ManCity so early on in his career. It's for the money - so much is certain. Though I can hardly blame him, it does shed a different light on his person. If he thinks he's good enough already, well, good for him. Hopefully he'll become a regular starter over there - then it's all good. :P

Hahaha the irony of this. You.re all so upset that a 'footballer' who's sole purpose for the past 3 years has been to kick, trip, bodycheck and provoke the opposition, whilst offering minimal attacking theat is injured. Karma's a bitch!

Hahaha the irony of this. You.re all so upset that a 'footballer' who's sole purpose for the past 3 years has been to kick, trip, bodycheck and provoke the opposition, whilst offering minimal attacking theat is injured. Karma's a bitch!

You clearly have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.
Ignorance is bliss, I guess.
Ballack does foul, a lot, even, but that comes with his defensive role and he never hurt anyone on purpose and has been THE key-player for our national side for almost ten years. If you can't see the importance of a player of his skill, experience and presence, that is actually a very sad statement regarding your "knowledge" of the game I'd call "football", but you're probably calling: "ZOMFG RRROOOONALDO AND MESSI ARE SO AWEZOME!!!!!!11111"

Same goes for the likes of Van Bommel, Gattuso etc.

What are you on about? I've watched Chelsea and Bayern as a neutral fan for over 8 years now and I know for a fact Ballack is a dirty twat. That has nothing to do with his football ability, because I agree that he's a very good player for his position. That still does not hide his dirty attitude at times.

However, I do feel sympathy of Germany and Ballack so close to the competition.

Last edited:
Ballack has definitely attempted to hurt people on purpose in the past.

I recall his tackle on Evra in the Community Shield at the start of this season for example, he definitely wasn't going for the ball.

All he's done for the last three years is exactly what Jumbo said, kick, trip, bodycheck and provoke the opposition purely because he doesn't have the legs anymore to be the player he used to be.

He is/was a brilliant player though, and you'll definitely miss him but perhaps this is exactly what you need and you can promote the likes of Ozil, Marin and so on to be the absolute focal point of your team.

What kind of a ridiculous chelsea-hating xenophobe do you have to be to actually be pleased that Ballack (or anyone) has suffered a serious injury?
The bigotry in this thread is disgusting.

What kind of a ridiculous chelsea-hating xenophobe do you have to be to actually be pleased that Ballack (or anyone) has suffered a serious injury?
The bigotry in this thread is disgusting.

Oh please! This has nothing to do with Chelsea, I don't hate them at all, save that for Liverpool and City. Infact, most people hate Drogba but I quite like him! And anyway, I'm not pleased he is injured, I just find it funny how outraged you lot are that someone dare foul Prince Ballack, the perfect player. If you go around like he does, kicking and checking then players will get you back, it's how it works. Ballack had already flattened O'Hara in that match after the ball had been played so he was asking for trouble. I'm not condoning KPB fouling him and he's clearly a dirty bastard but surely you can see the irony.

What kind of blah blah blah do you have to be to actually be pleased that Ballack (or anyone) has suffered a serious injury?

Boateng is a f**king cnut. I'm glad Cech saved his penalty and I hope it haunts him for the rest of his life.Maybe next year Ballack could turn him into Ramsey.
Indeed! I really hate Boateng!!!! This f***** bitch!!! I hope someone is beating him so hard in World Cup so he can never play football again!!! This foul was clearly on purpose.

Oh really. :LOL:

Rentalkid, don't talk bullshit, I've watched plenty of Ballack since he's been in the Premier League to know he rarely shows all the stuff that made him one of the most famous and popular players in the world. Like I said, he's just a dirty foul machine these days. When Jon Obi Mikel who's duty is to pass the ball 5 yards around him, sweep up in front of the back four and keep things ticking over is keeping him out of the Chelsea team surely that says something?

Anyway, sorry for your loss.

I agree about Ballack being dirty. I love him and he's one of my favourite midfielders, but he isn't a saint. He's a hard tackler but I've seen many occasions where he does sneaky little trips or goes into challenges knowing his foot is slightly higher than it should be.

I disagree with you in considering Gattuso in the same category as Van Bommel or Ballack. Gattuso is very aggressive but he is not dirty. He's not a regular offender that purposely trips or hurts opposition. Zlatan fits this very well.

It was a foul from KPB and not more!!
Ridiculous what some of you say!

Now the German press is crying the whole summer, THIS is typical German!

That's right..
but it's right as well, that KPB sometimes can not controll himself.. and his brother Jerome is known for some unfair attacks, too. But I think that this kind of player you can find in every team.
And KPB never had a mind of the fact that he will play against Ballack/Germany with Ghana, during he fouled Ballack. Thats what the German press suggests.

I expect this starting eleven now:

--------------------------Neuer----------------------------
----Lahm-------Mertesacker-----Westermann---Aogo----
--------------------Khedira------Schweinsteiger-----------
-------Kroos-------------Özil------------Podolski--------
--------------------------Klose--------------------------

I think Aogo impressed Löw and so Beck and Boateng will be on the bench and
Lahm will play on right same as at Bayern.

What I would prefer:

--------------------------Wiese----------------------------
----Lahm-------Mertesacker-----Westermann---Aogo----
--------------------Träsch------Schweinsteiger-----------
-------Marin-------------Özil--------------Müller--------
--------------------------Klose--------------------------

Ballack isn't as bad as his reputation suggests,and even if he was he never deliberately injured someone.

Imagine the media uproar if something similar had happened to Rooney or Lampard..

I think Aogo impressed Löw and so Beck and Boateng will be on the bench and
Lahm will play on right same as at Bayern.

I think Aogo did impress but I still doubt a player as new as him would be picked for starting line up of World Cup. I'd be surprised if you were correct and he started once World cup got on the way assuming others don't get injured, etc.

Not that Jerome Boateng or Andreas Beck are experienced veterans. :P

Let's wait and see...

I think Aogo did impress but I still doubt a player as new as him would be picked for starting line up of World Cup. I'd be surprised if you were correct and he started once World cup got on the way assuming others don't get injured, etc.

Not that Jerome Boateng or Andreas Beck are experienced veterans. :P

Let's wait and see...
I just see the fact that Lahm is really awesome on the right and
played the full season on this position, so it would be logic
that he also plays for Germany there as Beck and Boateng didn't
really impressed in the past. So if Lahm plays on the right,
we have only Aogo and Badstuber for left SB but Badstuber has
no appereance yet and is more a CB. The first choice would be still
Marcell Jansen but I don't think he will be fit for the first match to start.

I just find it funny how outraged you lot are that someone dare foul Prince Ballack, the perfect player.

Lol, I would love to see your oppinion on this, if the fouled player was for example Rooney instead of Ballack. Yeah, of course, you would be calm and only disappointed about Rooney missing the World Cup for England. Not worth to talk about, he? Big LOL!

It's absolutely naturally being pissed off about that f**** foul, being clearly on purpose, in my oppinion. And for your statements, my friend...it totally doesn't matter which kind of player Ballack is or what he did in the past! We're talking about THAT foul which maybe ends his career on national team.

Last edited:
Christian Träsch gets an injury today in a friendly match against
Südtirol. If he will be out for World Cup it would be another big blow
as he plays DMF/CMF and Rolfes, Ballack are already out.
If Träsch is out he have to nominate Hummels without a doubt.

Back
Top Bottom