World Cup 2010 - Germany Thread - Auf geht's !

Congrats Germany. Enormous win, great team. I`ll stress the word TEAM. That´s what football is all about. Teamwork till the end. The individuals will shine naturally in an team based effort. Maybe the Media will note this and stop hyping individuals so much, and start focusing on the collective more. Times are changing again in football. I hope for the best.

Martin Taylor was saying Ballack missing was the best thing ,because the German side would not be this fast w/ him on . Do you lots agree?

Klose a FIFA10 celebration alas :WORSHIP:

Hell yeah! What a match! 4:0. I guess we are favourite now to win the whole competition...and I know, we can do this!

Great match by the whole team, especially Mertesacker, Friedrich and Boateng played way better then normal. Was only disappointed about Lahm(did not play so safe) and Podolski(his senseless shots are going to disturb me). But this was a real good work, I never saw such a brilliant match during the last years. :WORSHIP: to our team.

@beboq: Yes, I agree on that. Maybe the best for us, that he is missing.

THANK U GERMANY!

:LOL:

Yes, thanks you Germany for, not only send Argentina back home, but specially for playing such a great football! I really hope Brasil learn something from this German team and in 2014 plays the real brasilian football that´s much more like the football played by the germans in this World Cup.

WOW! u guys are really on fire! i still didn't watch the match (gonna do it later and i'm really looking forward to it) but it must have been quite a performance!
congratulations guys :WORSHIP:

Some weeks ago I wrote Germany wouldn't win the WC because of the Eurovision Festival. Now, I've found another interesting thing:

Here is an interesting mathematics regarding the prediction of the FIFA World Cup 2010. It is a fun. But just go through it to predict the winner of FIFA World Cup 2010.

Argentina had won the FIFA World Cup twice. First in 1978 and second in 1986. When these years are summed up there gets 3964. And that is the magic figure!!!

In 1970 and 1994 Brazil won the cup and when looked the sum of the years it is 3964.

In 1962 and 2002 Brazil were the champions again. When summed up the years there comes again 3964!!! In 1974 and 1990 Germany won the FIFA World Cup. Just look at the sum. It is again 3964 !!!!!

So this year ??? It will be 3964 – 2010 = 1954 , the winner of 1954. It is none other than Germany! Germany is laming with loss of their captain Michael Ballack. Also the team is said to be the feeblest team in the FIFA World Cup history of Germany. But the wonder of mathematics is in favour of them! So let us wait and see.

Source: godlike productions

After the octopus, the 3964 number. :))

Germany, all I can say is ====> :WORSHIP: :WORSHIP:

You have shown Argentina and England and every other team you've come up against how football should be played.

Beautiful movement. Always running. Pressing. Closing down. TEAMWORK DEFINED!!

These great young players deserve amazing credit and more so than anyone else does Joachim Low. Wonder how many people are criticizing and doubting him now!?!

I do not think we are ready for world champions, I think the team is too young, because Spain has definitely the experience team. Especially in the midfield. If Germany wins the game it will be world champion because I think they are stronger than the Netherlands or Uruguay

WOW!! Never saw that coming at all. The scary thing is in both games against England and Argentina when they were both trying to chase the games Germany could have scored 5 or 6...Frightning!!

I think Germany would rather play Spain because it's another big scalp for this young team and they will relish trying to beat them, also Spain will press and leave gaps for the counter attack which will suit Germany. I think they may have been going into a game with Paraguay with one eye on the final which would have been dangerous.

And do you think if Paul the octopus picks spain next time he will be rubbished?

Some weeks ago I wrote Germany wouldn't win the WC because of the Eurovision Festival. Now, I've found another interesting thing:

After the octopus, the 3964 number. :))

That is very interesting. I had a different kind of similar thing to this which made me think Uruguay would win it. So now its either Uruguay or Germany :)

3964 didn't work for 2006. 3964 - 2006 = 1958, and it was Brasil, who according to my "version" should've won it as well but it never happened. That was the only year that didn't work too. Wonder why...

Last edited:
1954-1974 20 year gap
1990- 2010 20 year gap thats a crappy link but hey...

They changed it.

Not lets wait for Schland O Schland to win the next game against Spain and the octopussy. X)

^
Last famous words. Thanks to such bloody idiots called Trochowski and Özil plus a disgustingly bad captain Lahm(all three during the whole tournament) we are out now. Müller was missed at every minute and Löw made exactly the wrong thing when he chose Trochowski to replace him. This was just a scandal, how they played and how less they fighted. But how could we think they would? Some of them can't even remember the words of our hymn...

The team played no bad tournament at all, but were too bad in the important situations and four goals against a very weak English defence(after having 20 mins of trouble and Nou Wembley) and four goals against an Argentinian defence, which gave up after the second goal are not enough to win this tournament. They definitely had too much respect during the fist half and bigger parts of the second half(reminding me of Bayern against Inter the 2010 CL final) and this was the main reason, why we lost today.

Lets wait, if this team can come back in the next time, I expect it to be a very hard way, especially with a possible re-integration of Michael Ballack.

But how could we think they would? Some of them can't even remember the words of our hymn...

[...]

Lets wait, if this team can come back in the next time, I expect it to be a very hard way, especially with a possible re-integration of Michael Ballack.
These parts are especially rubbish, you should re-think what you're talking carefully.

Why? I guess it will be very hard to bring Ballack back into the team as the leading parts of the team do not really want him back and I am sure, some other parts in the DFB are thinking the same.

And about the anthem: Standing on the pitch for Germany should be a privilege. These guys do not even know the hymn and their German is quite low even after living here for two decades. Do you call this a good integration? I don't. If it would be, they would feel for Germany, which includes singing the national anthem.

Edit: I should add that Özil should stop this stupid divers. If he had just simply shot at the goal it may have much more efficient then giving the ball away by doing such a senseless move. And this wasn't the first time, he nearly got two yellows for this during Australia I think.

Last edited:
I think it's ok that they don't sing the German anthem, it's ridiculous that for example Cacau sings our national anthem. He is born in Brazil and since a short time citizen of Germany.

Too Ballack: Of course it will be hard I hoped that he decides to cancel his career in the national team but he never gets enough.

As long, as he feels this is his (new, if this is possible) home nation it is okay, when he sings. But not singing is definitely a "no-go" for me in matches for the NT, no matter, from where you are coming.

Back
Top Bottom