World Cup 2010 - Germany Thread - Auf geht's !

I understand your point of view but I think that it isn't important if they sing the anthem or not. They must give everything for their country then it's ok. If they don't bring performance then you could reproach them something.

I understand your point of view but I think that it isn't important if they sing the anthem or not. They must give everything for their country then it's ok. If they don't bring performance then you could reproach them something.

"Everything for their country" includes singing the anthem for me. Of course they can bring their performance, but if not(like today) the bad links to such small things come up very fast.

But let this here, we lost not because of singing or not or Paul, we lost, because our team had too much respect and a lack of offensive moments during the game.

I completely disagree. This says nothing at all about their relation to the country. As if Beckenbauer, Netzer, Breitner, Rummenigge ... ever opened their mouths before a match.

It does. And they all did sing in the past. Take a look at this, I could not find any older video in the short of the time.

If this does not says anything about the relation to your country, what else does it? Wearing a piece of shirt? No. And the fact they can't speak proper German(especially Özil's German is dramatically poor) does make them look like mercenaries, playing for every nation just to do it.

Too bad we don't meet in the final. It would be a dream final from both sides. But you just didn't played as good as your last games and Spain played a good passing game.

Germany will always be a big football country and we'll see you again in two years in the EC2012.

I've enjoyed your gameplay this tournament in most of the matches. I even enjoyded it more than our (holland) games. But I hope we finally can take the world cup to Holland this year.

Greetings from the Netherlands.

Germany will go home proud nonetheless.

Great teamwork. Great youngsters. They already over-achieved and did the nation proud and made many new fans all around the world. Well done!

dogsandflushing.jpg

Well guys you already played very attractive football in '06 and now you did it again, its all progress now, its a gold generation and future looks very bright,
I'm sure results will come for the national team or maybe for the clubs.
Keep your head up and see you in Brazil 2014.

It does. And they all did sing in the past. Take a look at this, I could not find any older video in the short of the time.

If this does not says anything about the relation to your country, what else does it? Wearing a piece of shirt? No. And the fact they can't speak proper German(especially Özil's German is dramatically poor) does make them look like mercenaries, playing for every nation just to do it.

Here's a video for you.

YouTube - Germany v Sweden 1974 (Part One)

Now stop talking nonsense.

You made the mistake we did and what Paraguay didn't, you played in Spain's error and transformed yourselves into something your not just because its Spain. Paraguay showed how you have to face Spain. You can't let them have the ball and you need to be on them 24/7 pressuring the midfield and making them a hard time passing the ball around, never losing your plays-tyle. This is fundamental in order to make Spain feel fear.
Honestly, you had the best squad to win against them and you failed. Better luck next time germany.

You made the mistake we did and what Paraguay didn't, you played in Spain's error and transformed yourselves into something your not just because its Spain. Paraguay showed how you have to face Spain. You can't let them have the ball and you need to be on them 24/7 pressuring the midfield and making them a hard time passing the ball around, never losing your plays-tyle. This is fundamental in order to make Spain feel fear.
Honestly, you had the best squad to win against them and you failed. Better luck next time germany.

Very well put.
We saw from the very first minute on that Loew indeed did give out a way more defensive guideline to the players. Pressing is the key, even if it does mean to open up more. It seemed the players were too worried about conceiving than actually believing to be able to brake through the Spanish defense. Especially after the Euro final of 2008, which was similar, I was very disappointed they tried this yet again - all confidence built up prior to this bout was lost in the first 10-20 minutes.
Well, too bad. ;)

And thanks for posting the vid of our 70s legends "celebrating" the national anthem. Truth be told: They probably thought way less about the "pride" involved representing your country than guys like Oezil do nowadays - since they are so often confronted with doubts of some hardliners who put ridiculous amounts of thought into something so utterly unimportant. I know several countries treasure their national anthems and would never EVER dare NOT to sing it - but Germany isn't one of those countries. It just isn't a big deal to the vast majority over here. And by the way - the 90s squad: FORCED to sing it by none other than Kaiser Franz himself; yep, that's the guy in the video just above. ;)
I say: If they don't wanna, they don't wanna. Isn't "freedom" mentioned somewhere in our anthem? Totally is!!! :D

I'm all for the Dutch winning the World Cup now. I guess we are still considered some kind of big rivals in football, but during the last decades German football has been (positively) influenced by many Dutch players and coaches. We think very highly of our neighbors over here. The vast amount of talent they produce year after year in such a small country is mind-blowing and a source of inspiration for many (if not all) officials involved in further developing our own youth-academies.
Right now I'm a huge Arjen Robben and Louis Van Gaal fanboy, obviously. Mark Van Bommel, too, is a great guy, though I can kinda see why it's hard to like him sometimes.
I hope they can keep their winning streak alive for at least one more match.

The thing that gets me is they never really exploited the space behind Ramos and Capdevilla. This pair were advancing so far that almost had Spains midfields numbers as a defacto 6-7 man in the middle and Germany never went for the juggular.

Some of the players seemed to freeze. Ozil only started playing when we went a goal down!!

Bayern 2000 CL
Bayern 2001 SC
Bayer Leverkusen 2002 CL
Dortmund 2002 Uefa
Germany N.T 2002 WC
Germany N.T 2008 Euro Cup
Werder Bremen 2009 Uefa
Bayern 2010 CL

Correct me if i am wrong or if there is more which i forgot to write,you guys lost some finals in the last years,that must be upsetting for u ..really bad luck

Last edited:
Totally different century! :D Anyway, you're right. We had many final appearences but no wins. That's kind of frustrating. But the german football is in a huge progress. It's getting better and better. Just look at our nationale team from 2000. Damn, that was baaaaaad. Since then there has been a change. The 2002 WC Final actually was an accident but 2006, 2008 and 2010 are the logically consequence of great achievements in youth work.

I'm pretty confident about our future! ;)

Last edited:
Bayern 2000 CL
Bayern 2001 SC
Bayer Leverkusen 2002 CL
Dortmund 2002 Uefa
Germany N.T 2002 WC
Germany N.T 2008 Euro Cup
Werder Bremen 2009 Uefa
Bayern 2010 CL

Correct me if i am wrong or if there is more which i forgot to write,you guys lost some finals in the last years,that must be upsetting for u ..really bad luck

You forgot the unforgettable memory of 2006 in Dortmund and the newest game, the semi-final against Spain. Both were very important moments in my opinion.

@ Kaiser: Özil did what? He was of the most, if not THE most non-dangerous German player on the pitch(together with Podolski). I think he may be one of the most overrated players in the whole tournament. Reading he is nominated for the Golden Ball is a hit in the face of many other players, who played a better tournament. He was average in most games and had just a few very good moments(f.e. against a very weak Australia), but I don't think that makes it worth nominating him.

@ eycede: Totally agree. I don't like Klinsmann and Löw as persons(and Klinsmann as coach was ridiculous as Maradona was, they are no coaches, they are motivators), but they really did something very good for the team and the German nation. I guess a lot of people from all over the world are having a completely different picture and this may be their biggest success.

Last edited:
Great Team. Great World Cup. German is proud to have those Guys.
We destroy England and Argentina but Spain was better. Shit happends
thumbnail_20060629-ilovegermany.jpg

Thats Turkish flag on the top of the white building,isnt it? maybe its embassy,nice pic maybe the need a bazokaa :)

Last edited:
Don't know, if I should be happy for winning the third place or angry for loosing because of a weak performance against a strong, but beatable Spain. The whole match against Uruguay showed the way we played during the whole tournament: Beginning strong, getting an unneeded goal and are just an edge away from loosing everything before winning it back.

Again I have to mention, that Özil was the worst player on German side, assisted by the two weak defenders Boateng and especailly Aogo, and Khedira only good action was the goal. All in all I have to say that Özil is still the biggest disappointing player, because of his lack of teamwork(don't know how often he blindly ran into the opponent, when some mates were free) and danger(not one dangerous shot since the Ghana match). Müller, Schweinsteiger and Friedrich were the outstanding ones, especially Friedrich surprised me, was maybe one of the best times in his career.

Hopefully we play more concentrate in important matches in 2014 and then we may have a bigger chance to win the cup again. ;)

Aogo was very poor indeed. Özil must work harder for the team but a goalscorer/fox in the box is a must now Klose is hanging up his boots. Gomez ain't the amswer!!!

Congratulations Germany, today played well, but that after a goal of Germans Uruguay could hammer in two balls and move in the account specifies that Germany has slightly underestimated it, and it has led to that it was necessary to recoup. As a whole game good, but the main thing that it has turned out very vigorous and sated goals. If it is fair, though I and supported Germany, but in a shower it would be desirable, that have won Uruguay because they played on it WC very well and were worthy at least bronze. Also it is possible to congratulate of Paul on the next guessed result of a match, whether it will be interesting to learn to prove to be true its prediction on a final.;)

I must say S-NipE's posts is the most objective and senseful stuff I've heard these days in Germany, galaxies away from these Schwarz-Rot-Geil stuff

I think If more people would open there eyes especially the functionaries and sports media than germany will be on the best way to finally win this title

Back
Top Bottom