World Cup 2010 - Germany Thread - Auf geht's !

Congrats to yous.

But I'm still wondering why you didn't play this same style vs Spain and pressure them.

Anyway, good luck next time, and keep playing positive attracting football.

I don't get it?
Open their eyes to what?

that Löw's tactics since 2006 aren't the solution to win a title

and your answer is exactly what I mean, critizing the german team is nearly become a sort of blasphemy

yes cool we have seen young and fast players with much spirit and they can play counter-football, yes but that was all of it
it works when you have space, but where are the skills in ball possession? when there is no space at all? how can you put pressure to a closed and disciplined team with many experience? where is dribbling? I mean the last 3 competitions have shown that they have really big difficulties to face teams that have determination and concentration

this is okay if you want to hear: Yes Germany played a fantastic World Cup/Euro but....

If you want to see them raise a trophy as all german people want I think this could be never enough, in my opinion it has to be done much more on "what can I make by my own to score goals" than "how can I make profit of the other team's mistakes"

that Löw's tactics since 2006 aren't the solution to win a title

and your answer is exactly what I mean, critizing the german team is nearly become a sort of blasphemy

yes cool we have seen young and fast players with much spirit and they can play counter-football, yes but that was all of it
it works when you have space, but where are the skills in ball possession? when there is no space at all? how can you put pressure to a closed and disciplined team with many experience? where is dribbling? I mean the last 3 competitions have shown that they have really big difficulties to face teams that have determination and concentration

this is okay if you want to hear: Yes Germany played a fantastic World Cup/Euro but....

If you want to see them raise a trophy as all german people want I think this could be never enough, in my opinion it has to be done much more on "what can I make by my own to score goals" than "how can I make profit of the other team's mistakes"

+1

Definitely right. I couldn't listen to this idiot commenting the match in ARD, when kept praising Özil for his outstanding game tonight(WTF?!) and saying how wonderful everything was tonight. No, it was not, there were a lot of minor or major mistakes during the game and surely some players were very ineffective against Uruguay. A bit more of truth would not hurt.

Well saidn counter attacking football alone can't win you a major tournament, you need consistent individual skill be it a striker, midfielder, defender or keeper and you need a little luck.
Germany performed against teams that played open attacking football but struggled when they were taken on man for man like the Ghana and Spain matches.

+1

Definitely right. I couldn't listen to this idiot commenting the match in ARD, when kept praising Özil for his outstanding game tonight(WTF?!) and saying how wonderful everything was tonight. No, it was not, there were a lot of minor or major mistakes during the game and surely some players were very ineffective against Uruguay. A bit more of truth would not hurt.

why do u hate özil so much? he was one of the best players during this wc.. if u ask me who was the best german player.. he was the best german player on the field i watched all games that germany played and i have to say this guy is the next zidane he is a great playmaker for his age he can read the game very well and his killer passes are also great.

+1

thank you snipe, thank you
I thought i was the only one in germany to think that way

I think total respect to what Löw has done with this young team and whith the limited choice he had by pickin up the right guys from the bundesliga.
if you compare it to the results he got, than it is maximum respect if you only look at the catastrophies of Serie A or premier league

but to win a competition and finally that's all the german want to, because "only" a good figure in the world cup doesn't automatically make the bundesliga more attractive and probably the players will return to their usual habits in the championship like poldi and klose who don't score, müller in his wrong position, ballack no comment etc.

to make this they have to step to a next level and i really don't know if the khediras, the özils and boatengs are really ready for this next level

PS: I agree with you Özil was a damn ectoplasm after the group stage
312xvgl.jpg

Last edited:
Ozil WAS crap tonight and definitely not Germany's best player throughout tournament. He shouldn't be nominated for Golden Ball but he is but whatever it's not like he's gonna get it. He has no chance.

Muller for one, and even younger, was much better and more effective.

Friedrich was also better, Bastian of course (though not great game tonight), etc.

why do u hate özil so much? he was one of the best players during this wc.. if u ask me who was the best german player.. he was the best german player on the field i watched all games that germany played and i have to say this guy is the next zidane he is a great playmaker for his age he can read the game very well and his killer passes are also great.

I do not hate him. I just don't like the way he acts, he dives, he dribbles and how harmless he was during this tournament, especially in the knock-out part. If he was the best player, where have he been against England? Against Argentina? Against Spain? The only really dominating factor in this team over all games was Bastian Schweinsteiger playing on world-class level. Özil had maybe three or four good moments in the whole tournament, that is ridiculous for someone claiming to be the offensive leader in the midfield. And his "killer passes" came either much too late and weren't killers any more or did not come, he could have made so much more during this last matches, but he clearly failed.

If Özil would have been the best German player, our team could have had the chance to watch the knock-out rounds at home. There is no way to say, he was even one of the best three in the team, which were Schweinsteiger, Müller and Friedrich. And I also think Klose played ways better then Özil. He finished the WC like his season at Werder. Few good moments, but mostly not dangerous enough to break up the defence of the opponent.

I think total respect to what Löw has done with this young team and whith the limited choice he had by pickin up the right guys from the bundesliga.
if you compare it to the results he got, than it is maximum respect if you only look at the catastrophies of Serie A or premier league

but to win a competition and finally that's all the german want to, because "only" a good figure in the world cup doesn't automatically make the bundesliga more attractive and probably the players will return to their usual habits in the championship like poldi and klose who don't score, müller in his wrong position, ballack no comment etc.

to make this they have to step to a next level and i really don't know if the khediras, the özils and boatengs are really ready for this next level

And this is the point. I am sure Löw got the maximum out of the team, but we must accept that Spain WAS better and we played too shy against them. I don't think Khedira, Özil, Boateng and all the other young players are already that far, you stated it absolutely right, the are not yet ready for matches on that level. I hope, they'll learn, but now I cannot see a chance to speak about this level level while mentioning their names.

Last edited:
Barely played. Came on in one match.

Maybe he could've started instead of Trochowski (who I thought didn't do bad) for match vs. Spain but him and Kroos were ahead of him in Low's preferences it seems.

i missed marko marin, what do you think about him?

yesus, stop this guy i hate divers and cheaters, if he doesn´t change his style he will lost all fans. i talking with fans from werder bremen last match against cologne in bundesliga and they all say the same. its a cheater. it will be better for us if kuranyi go to the squad as marin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom