goal:HONDA Keisuke 39'
Yellow Card:ABE Yuki 90' - Nkoulou 72'
---
(2)6-19 Holland 1-0 Japan
goal:Sneijder 53'
Yellow Card:van der Wiel 36'
----
(3)6-24 Danmark 1-3 Japan
goal:Tomasson(PK) 81' - HONDA Keisuke(FK) 17'/ENDO Yasuhito(FK) 30' / OKAZAKI Shinji 87'
Yellow Card:Kroldrup 29'/C.Poulsen 48'/Bendtner 66' - ENDO Yasuhito 12'/NAGAMOTO Yuki 26'
-----
1/16 Final:
(4)6-29 Paraguay 0-0 Japan ; Penalty Kick:5-3 (Komano missed)
Yellow Card:Riveros 118' - MATUI Daisuke 58'/NAGAMOTO Yuto 71'/HONDA Keisuke 90'/ENDO Yasuhito 113'
------

Roster
GK:
Yoshikatsu Kawaguchi(Jubilo Iwata)
Seigo Narazaki(Nagoya Grampus Eight)
Eiji Kawashima(Kawasaki Frontale)

DF:
Yuji Nakazawa(Yokohama F-Marinos)
Marcus Tulio Tanaka(Nagoya Grampus Eight)
Yuichi Komano(Jubilo Iwata)
Daiki Iwamasa(Kashima Antlers)
Yasuyuki Konno(FC Tokyo)
Yuto Nagatomo(FC Tokyo)
Atsuto Uchida(Kashima Antlers)

MF:
Shunsuke Nakamura(Yokohama F-Marinos)
Junichi Inamoto(Kawasaki Frontale)
Yasuthito Endo(Gamba Osaka)
Kengo Nakamura (Kawasaki Frontale)
Daisuke Matsui(Grenoble)
Yuki Abe(Urawa Red Diamonds)
Makoto Hasebe(Wolfsburg)
Keisuke Honda(CSKA Moscow)

FW:
Keiji Tamada(Nagoya Grampus Eight)
Yoshito Okubo(Vissel Kobe)
Kisho Yano(Albirex Niigata)
Shinji Okazaki(Shimizu S-Pulse)
Takayuki Morimoto(Catania)

Coach:Takeshi Okada

メンバー

GK:
川口能活(ジュビロ磐田)
楢崎正剛(名古屋グランパスエイト)
川島永嗣(川崎フロンターレ)

DF:
中澤佑二(横浜F・マリノス)
田中·マルクス·闘莉王(名古屋グランパスエイト)
駒野友一(ジュビロ磐田)
岩政大樹(鹿島アントラーズ)
今野泰幸(FC東京)
長友佑都(FC東京)
内田篤人(鹿島アントラーズ)

MF:
中村俊輔(横浜F・マリノス)
稲本潤一(川崎フロンターレ)
遠藤保仁(ガンバ大阪)
中村憲剛(川崎フロンターレ)
松井大輔(グルノーブル・フット-France)
阿部勇樹(浦和レッドダイヤモンズ)
長谷部誠(VfLヴォルフスブルク-Germany)
本田圭佑(CSKAモスクワ-Russia)

FW:
玉田圭司(名古屋グランパスエイト)
大久保嘉人(ヴィッセル神戸)
矢野貴章(アルビレックス新潟)
岡崎慎司(清水エスパルス)
森本貴幸(カターニア-Italy)

監督:岡田武史

がんばって!!!!:))

Last edited:
Kawaguchi is back? I hope he's not the starter.

Also, no Shinji Kagawa :(

Excluding that, it's the lineup I was expecting, even though I was hoping Ogasawara to make it.

I want to see Morimoto play. I think he can be important, especially with his successful experience at Catania now for several seasons. The midfield actually looks pretty good, but I fear that Shunsuke will play and disappoint. Endo and Honda together could be awesome!

Last edited:
I want to see Morimoto play. I think he can important, especially with his successful experience at Catania now for several seasons. The midfield actually looks pretty good, but I fear that Shunsuke will play and disappoint. Endo and Honda together could be awesome!

Morimoto is pretty much the only true forward Japan has since Takahara days, the others are all nimble and fast second strikers who can't head the ball properly, apart Yano but just because he's tall.

I don't think he'll be a starter, but I really hope so. Despite being so young, he has a good international experience and a bright talent.

I don't like Keisuke Honda, I would have prefered Mitsuo Ogasawara (I'm a fanboy, I know), but his set pieces can pull a real threat and he's actually better than good old Shunsuke.

Morimoto is pretty much the only true forward Japan has since Takahara days, the others are all nimble and fast second strikers who can't head the ball properly, apart Yano but just because he's tall.

I don't think he'll be a starter, but I really hope so. Despite being so young, he has a good international experience and a bright talent.

I don't like Keisuke Honda, I would have prefered Mitsuo Ogasawara (I'm a fanboy, I know), but his set pieces can pull a real threat and he's actually better than good old Shunsuke.

Honda's free kick is perfect;i like that.
he's scored a brilliant FK goal in champions league.It's only appear in Anime.so i think he is a [Tsubasa]fan,lol..

I quite like this Japanese squad. But i'd put my money on the midfielders providing the goals more than the strikers (Unless they give Morimoto more time/service).

But either way, really tough group, it'd be a massive feat to be in the Rd. of 16

The first attacking threat in the Japanese squad is Shinji Okazaki. Much better striker than Morimoto. He isn't very tall but he is a huge threat in the air and scored some world class headers. In fact, most of his goals are headers. Yano can't be even compared to him in terms of aerial abilities. It's not a matter of height, having a good timing and sharp reactions helps a lot and that's Shinji. :))

He has been named the World top scorer in 2009 by IFFHS (15 goals for the NT).

2ajqgw9.jpg

Some of his goals :
YouTube - Shinji Okazaki

The first attacking threat in the Japanese squad is Shinji Okazaki. Much better striker than Morimoto. He isn't very tall but he is a huge threat in the air and scored some world class headers. In fact, most of his goals are headers. Yano can't be even compared to him in terms of aerial abilities. It's not a matter of height, having a good timing and sharp reactions helps a lot and that's Shinji. :))

He has been named the World top scorer in 2009 by IFFHS (15 goals for the NT).

2ajqgw9.jpg

Some of his goals :
YouTube - Shinji Okazaki

Nice heading, but I probably wasn't clear with my last post. What I meant is that Japan lacks a powerful, tall and strong forward and Okazaki obviously is not one of them.
He's a nimble, fast and smart forward, just like Tamada and Okubo, but not a dominating and powerful forward capable of post play. To be honest, Okazaki has something that makes me recall of Filippo Inzaghi.

Congratulations to Japan. First win away from the Japanese islands in the WC. :0

Guess this relieves some of the pressure on Okada ? Semi finals though is a long stretch. Second round perhaps ? ;)

GANBARE! NIPPON!
Let's go Japan, I hope they can qualify to the next round...

well, I know this is not gonna happen this year but.... :BOP:
captain02zx6.png

Last edited:
Now a solid match against Denmark should get Japan through to the second round!!!

But with that said, it seems quite unlikely...as this goal was more or less a defensive error and luck added together for it to happen...

Important match tomorrow vs Denmark. I am afraid we'd start with our usualy defensive tactics and Denmark take advantage of it.

We have to keep on attacking and press for a goal. We must score to secure our advance!!!

Best thing is, we might play against Paraguay rather than Italy next, should be good for us...

Gotta get through first.

Denmark will be very tough tomorrow. They made some horrible defensive errors against Cameroon which luckily for them didn't ultimately screw them over but I very much doubt, they will make similar mistakes again.

Not sure if Paraguay is easier than Italy but anyway, gotta get through first and 90 mins away from that with Denmark aiming for the victory and many of their players including coach Olsen believing they will get through.

But the Samurai Spirit should be ever present tomorrow. All Japan needs is a draw after all. Looking forward to this! Should be a tight contest though of course it can always open up near the end with one team desperately pushing forward with nothing to lose leaving themselves vulnerable.

I wanna see Morimoto play! I think his pace and agility and skills can trouble Denmark in counter-attacks.

Congratulations to Japan for reaching the next round, they deserved, especially for today. Playing offensive with discipline, never ending condition and good technique. :BSCARF:

Excellent performance, nice assist from Honda.

Back
Top Bottom