World Cup 2010 - Mexico Thread

sonoman

Champions League
13 November 2003
México
Mexico / Türkiye
I'm totally serious about this.

We're getting the best preparation possible and we have the greatest generation of Mexican footballers.

This is the preparation schedule for Mexico:

Pre-preparation matches (watching new players)
february 24 vs Bolivia
march 3 vs New Zealand
march 17 vs USA
march 24 vs Iceland

Training
april 5-11 The full squad begins concentration and resting
april 12-18 Preseason training
april 19-may 5 Training at Centro de Alto Rendimiento (High Performance Center)

Preparation matches
may 7 vs Ecuador
may 10 vs Senegal
may 13 vs South Korea
may 16 vs Chile (last game in Azteca stadium)
may 18 Team leaves to Germany
may 24 vs England
may 26 vs Netherlands
may 30 vs Portugal
june 3 vs Italy
june 4 Team leaves to Johannesburg

Vamos México!
mexico-flag.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Mexico will win the World Cup

i know today's match isn't a big deal at all..
it is for watching players who could fill the 23man team for SA, for subs, reserves.. and probably some of them can earn a spot in the starting line-up (but most of them will prove they are NOT ready to play at a higher level than the mexican league)

These are the players called for this game:
Goalkeepers:
Luis Ernesto Michel (Guadalajara)
Jonathan Orozco (Monterrey)

Defenders:
Paul Aguilar (Pachuca)
Efrain Juarez (Pumas UNAM)
Hugo Ayala (Atlas)
Jonny Magallon (Guadalajara)
Jorge Torres Nilo (Atlas)
Adrian Aldrete (Morelia)

Midfielders:
Gerardo Torrado (Cruz Azul)
Israel Castro (Pumas UNAM)
Luis Miguel Noriega (Puebla)
Braulio Luna (San Luis)

Forwards:
Aldo de Nigris (Monterrey)
Javier Hernandez (Guadalajara)
Pablo Barrera (Pumas UNAM)
Enrique Esqueda (America)
Angel Reyna (America)
Cuauhtemoc Blanco (Veracruz)

Anyway, here's the expected line-up for tonight: (in a PES fashion)

-----------------------------------------Michel (GK)---------------------------------------------
---------------------Magallon (CB)------------------Ayala (CB)-----------------------------
----Rojas (RB)--------------------------------------------------------Juarez (LB)-----------
----------------------------Torrado (DMF)-----Castro (DMF)-------------------------------
-------------Barrera (RMF)------------------------------Medina/Luna (LMF)-------------
--------------------------------------------- * Blanco (SS)--------------------------------------
----------------------DeNigris/Hernandez (CF)---------------------------------------------

3353365.jpg

Javier Hernandez

I don`t really like this formation, i preferred Lavolpe's 3-5-2.. it made the team more versatile both attacking and defending... but well.

These kind of teams are never good for displaying our best football, since they mostly hack down our players and they usually play 4-5-1.. hoping to get Mexico in a counter..

We'll see what happens now, and hopefully we can get a great scouting game rather than a 7-0 trashing of Bolivia's second team.

Last edited:

HHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAAHHAHAHA

dude its gonna be cold in south africa... and you know how well you do when you go north to your daddy and play

I wouldn't mind but ... I don't see it coming.
Also: That's not what I'd call a clever schedule right before a tournament.

HHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAAHHAHAHA

dude its gonna be cold in south africa... and you know how well you do when you go north to your daddy and play

right
as we did on the Gold Cup final..
save your 'it was our d team..' stuff, its boring and pointless.
boo-hoo

Even if your team was very good, playing that many games will surely exhaust yous?

I sure would welcome an outsider i'm bored by the usual suspects...i never like favourites unless the play fantastic football...

He probably loled at your thread title, not that game. and he never implied malaysia would win the world cup OR beat that bolivia team. never even said malaysia would beat mexico. just loled at the thought of mexico winning world cup.
your "ha!" shows a little immaturity..

although i personally wouldn't mind it either [mexico winning :) ], not happening. the world cup is kinda inaccessible to normal teams - although i wish it weren't so. the occasional greece/denmark winning the euro is refreshing.

The only thing that Mexico will do with all this friendly games is to lose players on injuries and to be totally exhausted in the world cup!

pobre Mexico: tan leijos de Dios, pero tan cerca de los estados unidos...

Good matches, sadly, Mexico will lose in almost all of them.

You'll get to the WC with half of your team injuried.

The only thing that Mexico will do with all this friendly games is to lose players on injuries and to be totally exhausted in the world cup!

+1

and sure... they are going to win the World Cup in your Pes or in your dreams, but just in those two

pobre Mexico: tan leijos de Dios, pero tan cerca de los estados unidos...

cono pero k lo k....bendito son ,cerca de una

tierra lleno de leche y miel :SMUG:

I wonder how many of those friendlies are going to be played in the US?

Nothing like maximising any possible revenue by appealling to the Mexican Americans in the US, eh?

I wonder how many of those friendlies are going to be played in the US?

Nothing like maximising any possible revenue by appealling to the Mexican Americans in the US, eh?
probably most of them, not sure.. but yes there are alot of mexican/americans who support mexico..

I really dont get why these guys think there gonna win the world cup(i dont think the US will).. we finished ahead of you in world cup qualifying, we have consistently beat you over the last ten years it is something like 10 wins for the US, 3 loses and 2 ties.. if you cant consistently beat the US and when you finish second in concacaf, why do you think your going to the win world cup. Marquez is past his prime, vela and dos santos have done nothing against better competition.. heck where is dos santos even playing now.. castillo couldnt hack the prem, who are all of these world beaters mexico has?

right
as we did on the Gold Cup final..
save your 'it was our d team..' stuff, its boring and pointless.
boo-hoo

that was the middle of summer.. i want to see how you guys do in the cold weather, hey man when you make bold statements like you just did you gotta come to expect some heat from your bitter rival. I do however wish you luck for your sake...

I don't think Mexico OR US winning World Cup or doing very well is as impossible as some think to be honest. I can see it happening in the real world (though not 'likely') and not just in the Playstation :P but I'm in the minority. I, for one, definitely rate both teams though and think of them highly and have high hopes for them along with Switzerland.

Mexico struggles against the likes of USA in qualifying. That says it all.

They had better players in 94 and 86. This squad isn't all that special. If they advance from the groups, that's a decent tournament for them.

MODs
could this thread be moved to the FIFA 2010 World Cup Area?

thank you :)

Last edited:

Mexico make a great preparation, so many games, it's crazy but it's perfect for make automatism between players, like a club.

Back
Top Bottom