World Cup 2010 - Mexico Thread

It looks like Gio dos Santos might leave the team as his dad has told him not to play since his brother (Jonathan dos Santos) has been left out of the squad. Their dad "Zizinho" (a Brazilian who played in Mexico) is causing all these problems.

Does Aguirre pick the side or Zizinho ?

Zizinho should shut up and stop marketing dos Santos PLC. Too many of these prima donna's who somehow think they are more important than their clubs and national sides.

I'm sure all El Tri fans would support Aguirre.

well most of the media are criticizing Aguirre for cutting Jona dos Santos off the team, but meh..
i reckon his, his father and Gio's attitude show how they are complete wankers.

it's a shame the whole country is now a pro-Dos Santos bandwagon who cry their eyes out because of not seeing the brothers together in the WC

they're just where the media wants them to be.. and that's crucifixing (sp?) Aguirre.
well i guess that'll be the perfect excuse when we get knocked out on the 2nd round, as usual..

damn mexican culture :(

Lool this is stupid!

Jonathan shouldn't be in the team and was rightly cut! Aguirre knows what he's doing. And if Zizinho and Gio dos Santos are stupid enough to do that, then Gio shouldn't be in the team either.

I think Zizinho is causing all this trouble, there is no way Jonathan dos Santos should go - he's hardly strung 5 games together for the Barca team. He doesnt have the experience yet to handle the massive stage of the world cup.

What next ? Will Zizinho start asking for Eder dos Santos to be in the squad (he plays for America reserves)?

well yeah, the media is now kinda sorting this issue out so no one talks about it anymore..
tomorrow's the last preparation game and it'll be against the current World Champions, let's see what happens.

i'm still confident we'll make a great WC this time and once we get through the 2nd round anything could happen

Lool nice. Vela finally scored.

This guy's the king of missing one-on-one's! hahaa

Now he scores with his right foot!

Chicharo! Hopefully you can keep up the good form and makes it to the 2nd round, anything else is a bonus.

yeah Gio's going, nice assist for that 1st goal isn't it?

about Vela, what's wrong with him? sometimes he scores some beauties but he misses some sitters and easy 1on1 situations.. geez!

What you said yourself. That's what I meant.

He misses EASY chances far too often. Good player overall tho but for a striker, he's not clinical. And it seems like the harder the chance, the more likely he will actually score it. :P lol

EDIT: From the little bits I've seen of him, Javier Hernandez seems a lot more effective. Might be too early to judge though.

Last edited:
yeah Hernandez doesn't seem to think twice before attempting to score, while Vela looks like he's chipping the ball over the keeper in his mind and thinking about the new Nike ad (you know, thinking he'll be at his movie premiere someday..)

well i hope they score loads of goals in the WC anyway

but the last South Africa man was standing on the line.. in the second of pass, he was the last man on field..

Good game so far. Hope to see more.

@ Milanista, are you sure? South-African player was standing in a goal, so it was not an offside. Polish TV commentators said something about a player being fouled in the penalty area, so i guess that's the reason.

Hmm... gotta find out how it really was.

Confused about the offside goal myself.

But anyways is Perez #1 keeper now or is Ochoa not 100% or something?

No Guardado either! These guys can't be backup players!!

Gio doing well though!!

Guys, read up the definition of the offside-rule. It was offside. Only one defending player was behind the ball. Usually the last defending player is the goalie, this time he simply wasn't. It's as simple as that.

Mexico didn`t take their chances way too many open headers... that was Borgetti`s specialty. Franco :COOL: I think Blanco should start he still has that spark.

You guys did well overall though. I was happy with Marquez equalizer because Mexico deserve at least a point.

Franco who is normally a very good header of the ball had a couple really good chances which he didn't put away.

First half, Mexico outclassed them. It looked like 1st division team vs. 2nd.

beboq, he has the spark, but damn Javier Aguirre even looks more fit! :LOL:

No way he should start. He'd probably last 30 mins anyway and looks incredibly slow. It's good to bring him on like they did for the last bit when others are tired and he can hopefully do one or two magical moments.

Why is Perez in goal? Is he #1 keeper? When I saw him in friendlies like against England, I was hoping, Aguirre is just trying him out. He doesn't give me much confidence.

Overall though, what a f'n game! Loved it! As a neutral, I couldn't enjoy it more. It had everything!

G dos Santos was the best Mexico player (He reminds me Ronaldinho dribbling)

Overall though, what a f'n game! Loved it! As a neutral, I couldn't enjoy it more. It had everything!
+1
An exellent openning

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom