World Cup 2010 - Mexico Thread

Yeah he was great. Reminded me of a Left-footed Ronaldinho.

Guaradado came on and what a pass to find Marquez!! Didn't look 100% though. He was carrying some kind of knock/injury I guess? Which is possibly why he didn't start either....?

Yep, was clearly offside in the first half.

I havent's seen any replay of the pass to space of the South Africa goal. Could it be offside? At the moment seemed dubious, but legal. What a finish!!!

Mexico outplayed their rivals in the first half. In the second half, I think they got very nervous until they tied the game. Important goal for Marquez, though the right decision there was to PASS it to the lone striker. He almost misses the chance!

Gio was splendid in my oppinion, but there were some horrible mistakes in deffense in the 2nd half, specially when South Africa started to create chances by simply kicking the ball as far as possible.

What's evident is that both teams have very quick players, and South Africa relies entirely on physical constitution, while MExico likes to treat well the ball. They only lack a little more punch ahead.

yep, Dos santos was fantastic, but Khune saved a shot that would have been fantastic goal by him... looking forward to see next Mexico matches :)

Ochoa is a good GK, i saw him playing at some Libertadores matches, better than Perez in my opinion.

yeah Gio was great this game.. and for sure Ochoa will be starting against France next Thursday.

fun game overall, way better then uruguay-france

So he wasn't injured or anything? Aguirre just preferred Perez to Ochoa in goal!?!?

You Mexicans need to clarify these things for us because some of us have asked many times now. And why didn't Guardado start? Injured a little? or is that likely to be scenario next game too?

Perez is too small for a keeper, Mexico is like Arsenal - lots of great technical players but problems with the keeper and the real need for a clinical out and out striker - oh for a Luiz Hernandez!

Perez is too small for a keeper, Mexico is like Arsenal - lots of great technical players but problems with the keeper and the real need for a clinical out and out striker - oh for a Luiz Hernandez!

Agreed. Lovely sets of passes and one touch football but a lack of a cutting edge.

And Perez.I'm sorry I know Campos was a very good keeper but Perez will be targetted with lots of aerial work. Ochoa has to be first choice.

No sign of Perez either.

Franco was prolfligate. Two good headers wasted.

Yeah and the thing is Franco is in the team because of those headers! If he's not gonna be effective in the air, then why not put a young hungry fast Javier Hernandez in!

Not a good day for Franco but whatever it's one game, let's see if he manages to get back some form against France.

I don't wanna see Perez in goal next game. Ochoa should be in. Though that wouldn't exactly fix the short goalkeeper (height) problem. :P

god, with Uruguay's win against SA we now need today's 3 points!

please Hernandez, Gio, Vela, Blanco, Franco, Barrera, Guardado.. please score!
come on warriors, we can beat France!

god, with Uruguay's win against SA we now need today's 3 points!

please Hernandez, Gio, Vela, Blanco, Franco, Barrera, Guardado.. please score!
come on warriors, we can beat France!

If you get the first goal I think France will implode. You just need that sharp touch upfront to round off some very nice one touch passing.

Same as against England at Wembley. There needs to be end product. Best of luck. So far a great tourney for CONMEBOL (you can include the USA and Mexico for their participation in the Copa America).

I hope we can get a draw. That way the 2 teams can qualify with a win on the last game :D.

Nod bad but as always France can't shoot. Anelka is annoying and Gallas is a road cone. Mexico is winning by point decision.

I dont belive Uruguay and Mexico will play together to draw, but somehow i think they will not rush to win if both score one goal maybe..

Back
Top Bottom