World Cup 2010 - Mexico Thread

awevo pinshimadreeeeee!!

yes!

now for the win against Uruguey so we don't face Argentina next round.. what am I talking about? we can beat the argies for revenge!!

vamos México!!

we can beat Argentina, they know it and Maradona must be terrified to face us!

After this game, I guess it's official that Perez is #1 goalie!! :RANT:

And Guardado is now a backup player! :SHOCK:

Never wanna see someone injured but Hernandez is simply much more dangerous than Carlos Vela who misses very good chances and in this game was even selfish and had that volley early on when he had not one but two players he could've squared the ball to and Mexico would get early lead.

So when he got injured, I was thinking, YES! Now Mexico can get stronger with Chicharito in! It's a shame though, hope he's okay and be back for next game but perhaps from bench because for me, Franco + Chicharito = best forward line up with Gio behind them. Vela and Blanco for bench.

I still don't believe in Perez and think he will sooner or later let Mexico down. Already in this game, he wasn't assured either. Punched several balls he could've easily collected and he must be the shortest keeper in the tournament. Not that Ochoa is exactly tall. :P but I want to see him back in team!

Against France though, as expected, you guys had enough despite not being at your best but for me, Mexico can play even better and if you don't finish first, you better, because you'll be up against the Argies again.

I think Mexico will go for win against Uruguay and probably get it as well and finish top.

p.s. Salcido is a BEAST! Can't believe they gave Man of Match to Chicharito! :LOL:
Marquez was better as well. But for those idiots, it's about who scores I guess lol. Not who gave assist (Marquez) or who was most likely to score and did everything from defend to attack, to dribble which was Carlos Salcido.

Last edited:
p.s. Salcido is a BEAST! Can't believe they gave Man of Match to Chicharito! :LOL:
Marquez was better as well. But for those idiots, it's about who scores I guess lol. Not who gave assist (Marquez) or who was most likely to score and did everything from defend to attack, to dribble which was Carlos Salcido.

this!

Salcido was great, and Marquez amazing.. vamos México!

and about the keeper, Ochoa hasn't played because he seems in bad form (last 3 or 4 months, conceding easy goals and making horrendous flukes).. 6 months ago, the only starting players were Ochoa and Guardado, and they're not now..
i hope the can pull their stuff together and become active part of this WC performance!

I see.

I guess Perez has been playing great in Mexican Liga and Ochoa the opposite so he took his spot.

Guardado is kinda like Deportivo's Messi though lol and one of best players. I would like to see him more involved even if as a bench player. Because Gio and co were getting tired in 80th mins or so and few players can change a game like he can.

p.s. Franco needs to calm down! After he got that yellow, he STILL was protesting like crazy several times. Stupid guy could be sent off! Luckily this time he didn't and just stayed on yellow.

We won't be seeing Franco against Argentina. Reason? A lot of Mexicans wants Aguirre to play Chicharito instead of Argentinean born Franco.

Franco is shit. He's 33, not got a club and yet is still leading the line for Mexico when they've got much better alternatives.

We won't be seeing Franco against Argentina. Reason? A lot of Mexicans wants Aguirre to play Chicharito instead of Argentinean born Franco.

And because it's a definite that the Little Pea will destroy the Argentine defence with his pace and guile, dedicating all his goals to The One, Mame Biram Diouf who sadly didn't make the tournament due to his home nation suffering from his amazingness.

Well Aguirre certainly sees something in Franco to keep playing him. Utilizing Chicharito's pace against tired legs?

Well Franco is Mexico's Heskey in a way. Win headers, bring others into play but can't score.

yeah Franco is more like a post player, Chicharito will start against Argentina.

most of the team played a sloppy game today: torrado was useless. he only one keeping up his level was Barrera (who will hopefully go to Europe after the WC), and Guardado for some bits of the game.
The defenders seemed crap as well, hope they are concentrated enough to stop the argentinian midgets!

Barrera looks VERY good! Salcido is still of course your best player.

Interesting also how in 3 group matches, 3 different players have worn captain's armband.

Against South Africa, Torrado had it despite Marquez starting as well.

2nd game against Uruguay, Rafa had it despite Torrado playing.

And 3rd game, they gave it to Blanco of course who I'm more fit than. :LOL:
Blanco shouldn't be starting games. He should come on as a sub if anything.

Perez PUNCHES at 99% of crosses/shots even when EASY to collect and puts defense in danger when there's no need. Mexico hasn't paid for it yet but they will against Argentina if he continues this.

As for Franco, I don't like the guy at all. BUT he is the only aerial threat Mexico has and good work-rate, so it makes sense for me that he starts games for Mexico with a faster more skillful partner. It's just that Hernandez should be that guy and not Vela as he looks a LOT more dangerous than Carlos.

I think he has said he's stepping down. Interestingly Mexico face Spain at home next month (Aug 11 - I think), I am tempted to put a bet on Mexico winning this game.

Back
Top Bottom