World Cup 2010 - NederlandsThread - Hup Holland Hup

First half was shakey but after Elia came in, things went the right way. We could have made even more goals.
Maybe it is better that Holland did not start so well, like two years ago against Italy and France. Let them grow into the tournament, that's better than peaking too early :)

It was a deserved win. Sadly not a good game, but the heck ... 3 points are 3 points.
I liked MvBs' and Elias' performances.

De Jong was also very good.

Captain Gio had a couple shaky moments though.

De Jong was also very good.
Yes, especially in the 2nd half. But he can't stop doing those bad tackles. He is warned for that by van Marwijk, who said that a red card from him could be the end of our World Cup. He still did it again against Denmark, but the ref didn't see how bad it was.

Read my lips, much better play against Cameroon :YES:
Why? Because Cameroon will not play as defensive as Japan and Denmark.

Are the regular starters starting?
Not sure if I put van Persie and van der Wiel on my fantasy,
What do you think?

Phew I was lucky, moved van der Wiel to the bench and van Persie in.
Looks like me and van Marwijk are in sync :P
Common now Nederlands!

Same line up as the first two matches except van der Wiel is replaced bij Bouhlarouz.
Robben will most likely brought in at the latter stages of the match, according to van Marwijk.

Man... I just hope no freaking injuries happen.

I'm a bit worried about someone like Sneijder picking up a needless injury in a match like this!

I would've liked to see a lot more changes than just Khalid coming in. I wanted to see Elia, Afellay, KJH starting.

Robben looked like he was still struggling when he came on, but all the same he made a difference with a bit of brilliance.

Nice to see RVP get a goal with a good finish, same with Huntelaar after coming off the bench.

Hopefully both will get up and running scoring wise with Robben providing.

One thing I've noticed, Sneijder is an absolutely fantastic player but dear me is he greedy or what? Always seems to take the shot on instead of passing as an easier option.

Best of luck to the Oranje army.

Holland should have more than enough upfront esp.if Elia and Afellay play but I still have some doubts over the defensive pairing at the back.

We are not that bad at the back. We got only 3 goals against us in the qualifiers and 1 goal sofar at the World Cup.
But maybe I will be prooven wrong today against Slovakia ;)

Just read about the line-up:
Van der Vaart is slightly injured and will not play.
Now Kuyt plays at the left, where van der Vaart normally plays and Robben plays at the right.

Congratulations Holland, it is great to play with Referee on your side..

This is not fair play but oposite....Shame on FIFA

Now i hope Germany will win this disgrace of world cup

sour grape eh :LOL: Dutch wanted it more and both sides had more than enough chances no disallow goals or wrong offside given

i am definetly not sour mate, just if you could sit with me again watch the match i tell you 10 (!) decisions minimaly where we were harmed... it is always the smaller teams who corners are not seen...etc... though we could have draw with vittek chances...

i dont belive this world cup referees are neutral or i think FIFA just ignore any mistake..even if clearly things the whole world see....

van Bommel was lucky not to get booked but congratulations to Holland.

However you will need to really step it up. That performance whilst it got the result was lackadaisical.

And the defence ? Three through balls .One leads to a dubious penalty that Jakubko bought and two others that Vittek completely wasted.

Against a sharper forward those mistakes will be punished.

Hup Holland Hup. We are 20km away from Nederland(Roermond) We going now to the Maasplassen. Hope to see a fantastic match
Good Luck

bit bother that the Dutch didnt put more goals,but WOW a stand up performance to com back and win it.

So good Sneijder !!!!!!
They could have won by three or four goals when you see the end of the match !

Back
Top Bottom