World Cup 2010 - Serbia Thread - Same old, same old...

~turinski!

Shot Technique RIP
20 September 2008
Serbia
Manchester United
Well here's thread for Serbia :BOP:
Hope we can do well(don't we hope every time lol) now we have good team and good coach...Radomir Antic :WORSHIP:

kp754.png

2hyf5lv.png
2rw21q8.png

List of Antic's candidates:

Keepers: Stojković (Vigan), Brkić (Vojvodina), Isailović (Zaglebje), Đuričić (Leirija).

Defence: Ivanović (Čelsi), Rukavina (Minhen 1860), Vidić (Mančester junajted), Subotić (Borusija Dortmund), Luković (Udineze), Vuković (PSV), Obradović (Saragosa), Kolarov (Lacio), Rajković (Tvente).

Midfield: Stanković (Inter), Kačar (Herta), Milijaš (Vulverhempton), Kuzmanović (Štutgart), Petrović, Tomić (obojica Partizan), Krasić (CSKA Moskva), Tošić (Keln), Ninković (Dinamo Kijev), Jovanović (Standard), Matić (Čelsi).

Strikers: Žigić (Valensija), Pantelić (Ajaks), Lazović (Zenit), Lekić (Crvena zvezda), Sulejmani (Ajaks), Mrđa (Vojvodina).

Stojkovic

Ivanovic Vidic Lukovic Kolarov

Milijas
Krasic Stankovic Jovanovic

Pantelic Zigic

Pre-World Cup Schedule:
24. May - Start of training in Kovilovo
25. May - Going to Austria for preparations
29. May - Friendly with New Zealand in Klagenfurt
1. June - Final list of 23 player which will go to South Africa
2. June - Friendly with Poland in Kufstein
3. June - Return to Belgrade
5. June - Friendly with Cameroon
7. June - Going to South Africa

World Cup Schedule
13. June - Group game against Ghana
18. June - Group game against Germany
23. June - Group game against Australia

South Africa here we come!

Last edited:
Re: World Cup 2010 - Serbia Thread~

Yep that Serbia team could be a suprise a this year World cup...=p

You guys must start well with a win over Ghana tough.

Stojkovic gonna be your #1 GK? Because he hasn't been playing much consistent 1st team football for awhile now (Nantes, Sporting Lisbon and Wigan) but I still think he's a good keeper.

And I'm guessing Stankovic is captain, yes?

Yeah it's a good team. Could do very well.

Stojkovic sometimes makes stupid mistakes, but on the other side he can make brilliant saves.
Stankovic is captian for sure...

Any chance of Tosic playing a part, apparantly he had a good 2nd half of the season in Germany.

Yeah he did. Wanted to make Cologne stay permanent he said a few times. I think he'll get to play. When not starting, he'll come off the bench so I think he'll have chances to show the world what he's capable of.

Stojkovic sometimes makes stupid mistakes, but on the other side he can make brilliant saves.

So he is #1 goalkeeper?

Is it almost shure that Lukovic will be starter, not Subotic as in Qualification?

Yes,i think he "believe" more in Lukovic than Subotic...
Stojkovic is great goalkeeper,he is different man in NT...Yes #1
I think Tosic should be JOKER on this WC,every time he go on pitch play amaizing...
We look very strong as team,that is our big chance...

Also i want to say u shoud make attention on Lane Jovanovic and Milos Krasic..

I'd prefer Subotic in central defence. Strong defence and midfield reasonable forwards. Krasic is a great player to have as well. Shame about Jankovic being injuired and Tomic not making it either.

I hope you can go far as I like Serbia very much and what it's people have had to suffer recently from terrorism.

It would also have been nice to have Russia along to complete the brotherhood but sadly not to be.

You can beat all the teams in your group but it will be a tough fight. Antic is a famous player here in England and is a very thorough coach and prepares well mentally and tactically (would be nice if he could coach Argentina for a while ;) ).

Best of luck would be nice to meet you deep into the tournament but unlikely on pour Argentina's part.

Last edited:

Subotić is a weird one. Born in Bosnia but grew up in Germany and the USA.

I heard Subotić speak English sounds like a yank to me.

He was given a chance to play for the USA but like a proud Serb decided to play for his motherland.

Will be moving on from Dortmund I think in the near future.

He was given a chance to play for the USA but like a proud Serb decided to play for his motherland.

tbh If my boys ever pan out to have a choice they`ll probably pick Spain their mum`s country. I rather they play in US or Dominican Republic :LOL: my country (well he can play for the Republica Domincana in 2yrs :P not due to skills but they have baseball players playing atm)

Last edited:

And here's final list :)
Just Antic must decide the third keeper-Djuricic or Isailovic?

Golmani: Vladimir Stojković (Vigan), Željko Brkić (Vojvodina), Bojan Isailović (Zaglebje), Anđelko Đuričić (Leirija).

Odbrambeni fudbaleri: Branislav Ivanović (Čelsi), Antonio Rukavina (Minhen 1860), Nemanja Vidić (Mančester junajted), Neven Subotić (Borusija Dortmund), Aleksandar Luković (Udineze), Ivan Obradović (Saragosa), Aleksandar Kolarov (Lacio).

Fudbaleri sredine terena: Dejan Stanković (Inter), Gojko Kačar (Herta), Nenad Milijaš (Vulverhempton), Zdravko Kuzmanović (Štutgart), Radosav Petrović (Partizan), Miloš Krasić (CSKA Moskva), Zoran Tošić (Keln), Miloš Ninković (Dinamo Kijev), Milan Jovanović (Standard Lijež).

Napadači: Nikola Žigić (Valensija), Marko Pantelić (Ajaks), Danko Lazović (Zenit), Dragan Mrđa (Vojvodina).

Hmm.....Brkic definetly :@ I think that Isailovic and Djuricic are superb goalkeepers,and think better than Brkic...

no, he played for USA(WC U-17) and they unfortunately passed on him(later on).... bad move by USA... in hindsight

Fudbalska reprezentacija Srbije otputovala je u utorak u Austriju gde e obaviti završne pripreme za nastup na Svetskom prvenstvu u Južnoj Africi.

U sledećih jedanaest dana biće odigrane tri pripremne utakmice, prva je zakazana za 29. maja u Klagenfurtu sa Novim Zelandom, druga je na programu 2. juna u Kufštajnu kada je protivnik tim Poljske a treća i poslednja se igra 5. juna u Beogradu sa selekcijom Kameruna.

Team went to Austria, where they will play friendlies with Poland and New Zealand...

that is only friendly.. nothing to be afraid off, what is the news about Stankovic?

L'Equipe reported that Stankovic is badly injured, and said he's gonna miss world cup.On the other side, Antic says that he's OK, but he will not play against New Zealand and Poland.

We have lost the feeling for goal.I think there's no reason to worry,because Stankovic hasn't played,and he is key factor in making actions.Jovanovic and Krasic didn't play as they can.Hope we can win against Cameroon in last friendly before World Cup.

Last edited:

Jovanovic played ;)

Looking forward to game vs. Cameroon this Saturday!I will probably go.

I dont care for Poland,Cameroon,New Zealand just they play good and win on WC on friendlies they can lose with 9-0...

Back
Top Bottom