World Cup 2010 - The Argentina Thread - Una pasion unica

I was also upset honestly when I read that he moves to kiev. I would love to see him playing in turkey or another southern country. nothing against the ukraine but its freaking cold there and their style is also different and I dont know if that suits him.

Personally though we have seen several Argentines ply their trade sucessfully in the TSL such as your own Matias Delgado, Spain and Italy are their natural points of residence so to speak in terms of settling in and footballing style.

Though this is changing with the lure of enormous monies from England and there also certain clubs which afford such kids (ie 18-19) a great welcome and a chance to actually play such as the great Benfica, Valencia.

With the hothouse of the TSL and it's three giants a young kid could crumple.Thought the climate is definitely more amenable ;) Delgado for instance was 24 when he arrived at Besiktas. :)

yes but delgado couldnt always meet our expectations. he is surely a great talent but somehow it didnt work out well. our biggest problem is the 6+2 rule (which means that 6 foreign players can be on the pitch while 2 are on the bench). this basically means that the big 3 dont want to buy young south american talents because they dont know how they will fit in. they want to see immediate effect (postive of course) on their foreign players therefore the pressure is very high. I remember when I wrote an email to besiktas that they must buy di maria. :D a few weeks later benfica signed him. speaking of argentinians in TSL, pablo batalla did a great job this year with bursaspor and they won the championship, incredible success.

yes but delgado couldnt always meet our expectations. he is surely a great talent but somehow it didnt work out well. our biggest problem is the 6+2 rule (which means that 6 foreign players can be on the pitch while 2 are on the bench). this basically means that the big 3 dont want to buy young south american talents because they dont know how they will fit in. they want to see immediate effect (postive of course) on their foreign players therefore the pressure is very high. I remember when I wrote an email to besiktas that they must buy di maria. :D a few weeks later benfica signed him. speaking of argentinians in TSL, pablo batalla did a great job this year with bursaspor and they won the championship, incredible success.

That might put a dampener on signings. Batalla was quite a prospect with Velez. Neat tricky player but a bit unfocused.

Nice to know he's won a Championship at last and with an unfancied side. ;)

The legendary Batigol visited the training camp in Pretoria to pass on his encouragement to the seleccion and meet up with his good friend Diego.

http://www.tycsports.com/notas/56517-batistuta-visit-la-seleccin-pretoria

Veron is likely to miss the game against South Korea. He has been ordered to rest.

Possible lineup as seen in training is this:
----------------------Romero----------------------
Burdisso---------Dimichelis---Samuel-----Heinze---
-------------------Mascherano--------------------
-------Maxi-----------------------di Maria-------
--Messi-----------------------------Tevez--------
--------------------Higuain----------------------

Though it is possible di Maria play instead of Tevez upfront and Pastore come in alongside Maxi.

I would prefer that.

I want to see Pastore in.

Tevez was in press conference mode yesterday and said some of the things Pastore was doing were the equal of Messi.

I really want to see him play as well. The South Koreans have gone for a 4-2-3-1 ie playing on the counter.

Apparently Jonas will be retained....... :(

forza javier! make us proud! :BOP:

I really hope he does get some minutes to show what we know he can do.lo zio A graecful elegant skilled player he has excelled in training. It's like hiding a finely cut diamond in a sackcloth.

Such high hopes for him.

Meanwhile Batigol was robbed after visiting the Pretoria base.

Diego on the South Korean coach.

“I remember Huh very well,” Maradona said after the draw pairing the sides together was made in December. “In 1986 the Koreans played taekwondo, not football, against us.”

;) That was a bit of a kickfest. Tomorrow will be no picnic. South Korea are very well organized, very fit and a dangerous team.

Haven't watched their first game, the Argentinians are playing pretty well today.
Messi needs a bit more teamwork focusing and they are traditionally poor on defence but they really seem bound to reach the quarter-finals and from then it depends on the actual game.

good to see Higuain do what he normally did at River. I was going to say they need a crespo type but then higi goes and does the hat-trick :COOL: . Messi was good on the ball Higuain plays in in his own position and waited on the ball . Nowadays players want to play everywhere like a headless chicken.

Much more clinical than against Nigeria, which must be reassuring.

Still some defensive issues though, which is the only reason (along with Maradona) that will probably prevent you guys from winning it this time.

Loved how Aguero came on and was instantly more effective than Tevez, being involved in two goals in 5 minutes and then almost scoring himself.

Nowadays players want to play everywhere like a headless chicken.

Not that you asked, but that's the South-American way of attacking, specially Brazil and Argentina, even though Argentina produce a lot of wingers that guard their position.
Their top product are the offensive midfielders and strikers that know how to play both sides, drift inside, comeback to pass can do 1-2 all around.

Positives Pipita with a hat trick. A good striker always gets into good positions.He did plenty of work laterally across the final third as usual.

Messi set piece delivery which was dangerous.

Clever running and movement from di Maria,Aguero and excellent rapport as usual between Messi and Tevez.Intuitive.Masche solid.

However there are negatives. Samuel will be rested next game and should be okay hopefully.

Discipline poor .Jonas needless booking. Mascherano as well. All good defenders stay on their feet. Heinze was rash twice selling himself and Jonas keep the eyes on the ball and don't turn from it.

Closing down at times also too slow and Heinze caught watching the man while the ball was played inside him while di Maria did not work back hard enough.

Messi created space for others and acted as the midfield general picking up the ball from deep controlling the tempo. We controlled the ball well but sometimes the best option is to just kick the ball out.

Perhaps Dimi did not hear Burdisso's call as they had just got on together above the din of the horns.That's the excuse.:P

Choices are to rest some players for the second round or maintain the team ie play Higuain and build on his sucess or use Diego Milito ?

Try Pastore rest Messi ? Last time round 2006 some of the changes disrupted our flow.

Great performance overall and aesthetically pleasing. But more improvement esp.defensively required.

leo messi is god, the best player of the world

only he can make win ever games.

electric
speed
dribbling
assist...

leo messi is god, the best player of the world

only he can make win ever games.

electric
speed
dribbling
assist...

Messi is very good not yet up there with the best .He's only a kid still and he is best described as Garrincha's sucessor.

But there are other match winners in the team though Leo was impressive as the generallisimo today and has thrived on the responsibility.

In future though I expect under a different coach for him to revert to that outside right/shadow striker role when Pastore and Banega take the midfield roles and their colleagues Gago and Gaitan.

Franco Jara looks like a like for like replacment for Kun......
:COOL:

Messi is very good not yet up there with the best .He's only a kid still and he is best described as Garrincha's sucessor.

But there are other match winners in the team though Leo was impressive as the generallisimo today and has thrived on the responsibility.

In future though I expect under a different coach for him to revert to that outside right/shadow striker role when Pastore and Banega take the midfield roles and their colleagues Gago and Gaitan.

Franco Jara looks like a like for like replacment for Kun......
:COOL:

messi es el mejor jugador del mundo, y ya consiguio mas de lo que maradona consigui a su edad y en toda su historia.

solo le falta el mundial.

Loved how Aguero came on and was instantly more effective than Tevez

dont say that, tevez is important for this team
look how he gets the ball back and then gets a FK, after this they scored a goal

doubt aguero wud fight like this

great win! I really really hope the defence keeps up with the rest of the team. I am not concerned about other things, Argentina is able to score against every team.

messi es el mejor jugador del mundo, y ya consiguio mas de lo que maradona consigui a su edad y en toda su historia.

solo le falta el mundial.

maradona gano el premio mas noble de todo y por eso su nombre es mas grande en su pais :COOL:

Last edited:
02.jpg

01-2.jpg

Great pics but for me Maradona was the best and will be always,no one can beat him,i remember during WC 1990 part of the Italy was supporting Argentina just because of Maradona instead of their own countries,whats MJ for music,thats what Maradona is for football,the same or better will not born again..

Mnay thanks TSO compadre. :) Yep Jara plays very similarly to Kun. Perhaps not yet the finisher but a bag full of tricks and a great dribbler of the ball.

I am sure he will do really well at Benfica when he is settled. :)

Lizarazu 77 I agree. Photo's were just for fun. Messi is more the new Garrincha the forgotten man. FIFA did not like an alcoholic and womanizer over their squeaky clean Pele. but Garrincha was just as great a player and vital to Brazil.

01-3.jpg

Maradona on getting intimate with his players:
http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=14kv8eh&s=6

Another priceless quote to add:
"Well I still prefer women. I am dating Veronica who is blonde and 31-years-old. But I like to acknowledge and congratulate my players when they play as well as they did today."

Injury update. Samuel was taken off as a precaution as ge felt a twinge in the hamstring and will be rested for Greece.

It's likely Mascherano, Heinze ,Messi and Tevez will also be dropped ie cards and just rest while Clemente, Bolatti, Aguero and Milito may start this time round.

maradona gano el premio mas noble de todo y por eso su nombre es mas grande en su pais :COOL:

messi jamas sera un cocainomano.

messi es superior a el, y con 22 años tiene mejor palmares.

si españa no gana este mundial, ojala lo gane messi

messi jamas sera un cocainomano.

messi es superior a el, y con 22 años tiene mejor palmares.

si españa no gana este mundial, ojala lo gane messi

cono pero k lo k utsed sabe el futuro cono! :LOL: para ser franco cada uno trata con la presion diferente. Mejor decimos k messi tiene un mejor sistema de apoyo k maradona .su obsesion con messi no tiene ningun limites

Last edited:
:D Maradona is brilliant, I love players with talent but charisma and that touch of arrogance.

It's something that Messi doesn't have unfortunately but he's still class.

Great pics but for me Maradona was the best and will be always,no one can beat him,i remember during WC 1990 part of the Italy was supporting Argentina just because of Maradona instead of their own countries,whats MJ for music,thats what Maradona is for football,the same or better will not born again..

gr8 joke! LOL

Back
Top Bottom