World Cup 2010 - The Argentina Thread - Una pasion unica

alemanha2.gif

Germans had every Argie in the back pocket...No Maradona ,They aren`t nervous! at least you are still the Best Argie messi will remain in your shadow as plan

WxH.gif

That was a bad, bad performance. Tbh I thought you might be facing your first difficult game as the previous ones were easier, and thought you might lose but never never imagined this result.

And please don't go blaming everything on Maradona. The players were doing jack shit right from minute zero. They were too busy fouling and nervous instead of remembering they still have 2 long halves to go. Not much teamwork was going on as well.

Not sure what anyone of them was thinking tbh. Imo, I thought Messi should've been subbed earlier because I felt they were relying on him way too much and he wasn't looking sharp at all.

Messi was getting the ball too deep... Against a good side like Germany, getting through players isn't easy.

The 3-man midfield of Mascherano, Maxi and Di Maria was no match against a more balanced 5-man midfield. That probably explains how Schweinsteiger has time and space every time he got the ball.

Verón had to play right beside Mascherano, holding the ball and freeing Messi for more offensive duties. Very bad move from Maradó. Germany dynamic double-pivot Schwein/Khedira , along the defensive movements of Müller and Podolski were too much for a lone Mascherano, who most of the time had no lines of pass or options to distribute. Argentina seemed to respond because the Germans felt comfortable with the early goal and dropped the lines a bit too much, letting the Argentinian forwards receive and play some balls. Too much Tactic, with a big T, for Maradó to handle. Argentina could only play what the players could give individually. Far from enough versus this German machine. Anyway, i feel for u guys, for i always liked Argentina and what It means.

Fair play to the Germans though, they were very calm and contained them pretty well.

Yes, Fair Play wins unlike Argentina who look every possible way to cheat.

??? What are you talking about?
The whole game was fair from start to finish. The Argentinians didn't do anything wrong. Don't tell me YOU fell for Schweinis little mind games beforehand?

Why do people need to provoke the opposition after a win? That's lousy behavior ...

The whole game was fair from start to finish. The Argentinians didn't do anything wrong. Don't tell me YOU fell for Schweinis little mind games beforehand?

Why do people need to provoke the opposition after a win? That's lousy behavior ...

Fair comment from a German fan here. I agree, didn't seem dirty at all this match. I thought Argentina were pretty good until the 2-0, which killed their confidence and ultimately made them go all out attack.

I thought Messi was alright, but was surrounded so it was too hard to get balls through - but when he did, they were awesome.

Some of you guys are so harsh on Argentina and Diego, they were only bad after the 2-0. Maradona proved everyone wrong this WC and I feel he has been treated unfairly.

Maradona was arrogant! yeah he proved he can manage the team. The ref was fair the players were too. I`m disappointed as a neutral I wanted to watch 2 sides fighting ... Germany dismantle Argies very easy and to me they were sized and measure. No fight No passion I feel for Tevez he was everywhere bullying the defense . Hat off for Tevez and Messi ran around like if he was in La Liga how bout 1 touch mate trying including other players. He did better in other games not this one .I guess he doesn`t have to train :( Don`t think no one here is being harsh Agrie didn`t perform

thanks, this comment made me stay calm. otherwise I would post a hard comment.

can't say i'm surprised. rentalkid is a class act. graceful in victory and defeat :))

anyway, what the hell just happened! :CONFUSE: i'm at work and i'm not gonna be able to watch the match until tonite, but good lord! 4-0!!! :SHOCK:

i'm gutted for u guys, but given the result, i guess it must have been a well deserved victory for germany :))

What the fuck is this german supporter talking about. Messi had a decent enough game in my book. Go have a beer and enjoy your victory tosser.

I actually suspected this happening.
I'm disgusted at what I got to witness today.
We were tactically inept and the defence was piss poor. Everything was too obvious in the previous matches not to be exploited by the germans.

I feel sorry for Argentina. They were my favourite team since the first match of the tournament. As I suspected, Argie defense was the weakest link of the team. Plus, the lack of organization caused by germans tactic was evident.

Anyway, today's result doesn't erase the good image of Argentina in the World Cup.

Gracias por el buen futbol hermanos.

thank you.. impressed by the goals.. i could not watch it but i see Germany are on fire..

Germany is the new Brazil (Dunga Brazil) - fast and clinical on the counter. They have so many guys flowing forward and always make the right play.

I just wanted Diego to take off Higuain for Milito in the 2nd half and Otamendi for Pastore or Kun. I kept yelling at the TV for him to do it - then the 2nd goal went in and it was over. Maradona was loyal to "his guys" that was his only downfall. Tevez and Messi had to come to deep and ran themselves into the ground. Tevez is unbelievable, his drive.

Muller is very good though - he will be missed in the semi

A few things I want to say about a couple different matters here.

Fair comment from a German fan here. I agree, didn't seem dirty at all this match.

That German fan was in the wrong and I'm with you guys, you and Rentalkid. But not fully.

Yes, the match was overall fair and well played and not a lot of cheating.

BUT if you wanna be precise, there were a couple instances where you could see the difference between a more clean, professional Germany and players like Heinze who will try to get EVERY advantage they can get.

Perfect example, right before half-time, in 44th minute. Heinze does a tackle on Muller who ran and was faster and then goes BALLISTIC on the referee complaining god knows what about!?!? :SHOCK: He nearly beat up the referee for something that was not even a FOUL by Muller. Not even close.

And of course Gonzalo Higuain NEVER thinks he's off-side. Complaining to the lines-man EVERY single time they put the flag up and the officials were right every time.

These are very minor accidents in a very important game though so not important and yeah game was fair overall. But if you want to talk about details, I notice these.

Some of you guys are so harsh on Argentina and Diego, they were only bad after the 2-0. Maradona proved everyone wrong this WC and I feel he has been treated unfairly.

Can't agree at all.

For me, he didn't prove nothing! This is a team that man-for-man is superior to Germany and only Spain in fact can compete with Argentina in terms of squad and players and that's even after the fact that guys like Cambiasso and Zanetti and Banega missed out.

Maradonna's formation/tactics, nothing is at its best imo. Problem was, they had the EASIEST road to where they got.

When they went up against Korea, Greece and Nigeria, really, how bad could they do?! :-s
And this is no disrespect to those teams. I know them man for man and respect them but put Messi alone on the field and he will single handedly rape most of them and he did just that (without scoring :P )And add to Messi 20 other capable players!

Put a random person off street in charge of THAT team and I think they will still get wins and victories against all those teams. Even against Mexico which was supposed to be one of the easier matches, Argentina only went ahead after a blatantly offside goal! That killed the Mexican spirit and calmed the Albiceleste and could've very well changed things.

So for me their performances in those first 4 matches while everyone raving wasn't convincing. Because it was done against sides who were man for man, FAR inferior! I mean give me Messi and Aguero and Milito off bench and I think the least I can do is get Argentina out of the group and past Mexico with an offside goal as well.

But I knew the FIRST real test Argentina gets, they'll crumble. The first time they go a goal behind, they are screwed because that's when real coaches show character and knowledge and I had no faith in Maradonna and I certainly don't now. So I put $100 on Germany and told all my friends that should Argentina concede first like they haven't done previously, I don't see this 'team' coming back because for me it's not a great team. They seem great when things are going well for them.

This whole diamond midfield with 2 wingers in Maxi and Di Maria on either side of a 4-man diamond midfield makes no sense. Especially against industrious, energetic 5-man midfield of Germany!

And Neither Di Maria nor Maxi could even show off their stuff in this tournament. Neither did bad but every Benfica fan will tell you, this Angel Di Maria we saw in this World cup is not the usual Di Maria and worth $35M.

Then they have Pastore on bench who while EVERYBODY is raving about Mesut Ozil, for me Javier is even more talented and better. But Joachim Low put him in 1st team and built team around Mesut's talent whlie Javier comes on for last 20 mins in a match that's already over.

Poor Mascherano is the only defensive minded player in midfield and has to cover for everyone in the middle of the pitch and one man can't do that much running. Even if it has energy and stamina of Javier Mascherano.

For me, Maradonna's mistakes, right from get go of squad selection to 1st team selection, to tactics, there's like a 100 of them. Too many to count. So Argentina were already playing at not their best and not as well as they could have with this huge pool of talent. Thing is though, against sides with FAR inferior players like Korea and Greece, etc. , the different was still too much and they were still too good for Maradonna's coaching flaws to show. But put him against Germany and it becomes Joachim Low vs. Diego Maradonna and then it's almost a no brainer who will come out on top. I knew he would let Argentina down and in my opinion he has. Getting results against Korea and Greece means nothing for me with THOSE players at your disposal. It's in matches like this where you show your real character and quality and today Argentina was simply outclassed. No bad ref decisions, no controversy. Germany was simply far superior in almost every department.

Last edited:
a lost like that just had to happen by the way this team is playing with one holding midfielder...poor mascherano, it just had to happen, you cant win a world cup with a 5 forward oriented player on the pitch, it might just work for the first few games, but when fatigue and pressure gets into play sooner or later you will get beat.

it was ridiculous how schweiny could hold the ball for a long period of time without getting pressured....no wonder he did that much damage...

Back
Top Bottom