World Cup 2010 - The Italy Thread - Prandelli!!!

Re: World Cup 2010 - The Italy Thread - Forza Azzurri!

yes but this would overcome Korea DPR suprise...but it is only start of match :)

What is crazy, that this group we + New Zealand were outsiders..

Paraguay today was not so much superiour to us and they still play with New Zealand..who if they at least draw today with italy, would have 2 points and if they win against Paraguay...might well progress to the next round :D

We still play with Italy but New Zealand are better in movement and are more agressive than us..

from our football i am dissapointed but not surprised..

i can't believe i came back home earlier from the beach to watch this shit. if we don't begin to play football in the next 5 minutes i think i'm gonna turn the tv off.

having this team playing this long ball football is an insult.

oh and btw, u can clearely see de rossi isn't much of a diver.... maybe he should practice more, coz he's really bad at this... that was way too blatant :D

edit:
someone should explain the kiwis football is played with your foot and not your elbows.... seriously that's ridiculous. whenever the ball is in the air they start waving their arms as if they were seagulls (or wrestlers)..... u can't do that!!! :LOL:

Last edited:

Completely 1 sided half. New Zealand were very lucky to get that goal. We need to stop these BS long balls, and why is Marchisio left winger? FFS. Where is the ambition?

I am sure we won't qualify for the next round. Not like this. Where is the hunger?

I am sure we won't qualify for the next round. Not like this. Where is the hunger?

i am shure that you will.. you have now 2 points, exactly like New Zealand..

fact is, you will beat us.. becouse we are bad, realy bad.

then you have 5 points.

Paraguay if they loose to New Zealand, NZ will have also 5 points.

This way it will be between yours and NZ goal difference..

am i right?

but i doubt Paraguay will loose against NZ..

Iaquinta starting says it all for me, needs 10 chances before he scores despite the pk.

sigh

The absence of Totti and Cassano is noticeable. At least with them there is creativity.

Iaquinta is rather ordinary.

Marchisio shouldn't play on the left or start at all. Gilardino shouldn't start either, he is a plank.

This way it will be between yours and NZ goal difference..
am i right?
but i doubt Paraguay will loose against NZ..
You're wrong on one thing though.

Let's say Italy manage to defeat Slovakia which I think can happen, seeing that also Slovakia will play for the win (if they won and Paraguay drew against NZ they would qualify) so leaving unavoidable spaces to Italy's counters.

Paraguay is still at 4 points (draw against Italy + win against Slovakia) so these things can happen if Italy win:
Paraguay defeat NZ > Paraguay 7, Italy 5 (NZ 2, Slovakia 1)
Paraguay and NZ draw > Paraguay 5, Italy 5 (NZ 3, Slovakia 1)
Paraguay lose against NZ > NZ 5, Italy 5 (Paraguay 4, Slovakia 1)

Yeah Marchisio was anonymous just like against Mexico and Paraguay. So was Gilardino. Zambrotta and Montolivo were decent. De Rossi with the vital contribution yet again!

You're wrong on one thing though.

Let's say Italy manage to defeat Slovakia which I think can happen, seeing that also Slovakia will play for the win (if they won and Paraguay drew against NZ they would qualify) so leaving unavoidable spaces to Italy's counters.

Paraguay is still at 4 points (draw against Italy + win against Slovakia) so these things can happen if Italy win:
Paraguay defeat NZ > Paraguay 7, Italy 5 (NZ 2, Slovakia 1)
Paraguay and NZ draw > Paraguay 5, Italy 5 (NZ 3, Slovakia 1)
Paraguay lose against NZ > NZ 5, Italy 5 (Paraguay 4, Slovakia 1)

it is simple, all the teams play for survive untill last minute of group stages..

my tip is Paraguay draw 1:1 and Italy win 2:0 (optimistic :D)

Do they think they will be just handed the qualification? Thank God for the goal.

Can anyone think of a solution? It is impossible.

Get the government to threaten to revoke their passports so they are stranded in South Africa if they don't beat Slovakia.

Interesting. Nederland in the eight-finals. Well at least we know there's ONE european quarter-finalist...

Marchisio is wasted out wide, De Rossi dived again, Iaquinta still in the side, De Natale still on the bench...

But Pirlo and a few changes should be enough to get a convincing victory over Slovakia.

Who could Italy possibly face in the first knock out round, if they qualify?

First place is impossible now?

Hope Pirlo gets back. Very needed on set pieces.

I'm sick and tired of these WC matches. Opponents score a goal and then started defending with 11 players, even without use counter attack! The only NZ action in second half was made by Wood in 80s minute...
Plus, we can't score. We are not able. Too few shots on the target, we lack speed and technique and proper players: we played with 4-2-3-1 without a proper left wing and a proper attacking midfielder, we switched to 4-4-2 without a proper left midfielder. We can't ask Marchisio to play everywhere, this guy can't keep all pressure of new role on his shoulder, he's too young and too gifted to be already burned, I'm feeling sad for him.
I'm sad but after less than 2 weeks I lost almost all enthusiasm for this WC, too many tactically and technically boring matches.

@Aboutreika18
Holland, with a recovered Robben... :CONF:

According to reports, Gattuso is likely to start today meaning Marchisio on the left again that is if he plays.

Oh Gattuso's gonna run run run. :D

apparently the midfield setup should be
montolivo - de rossi - gattuso

:SHOCK:
seriously what's wrong with lippi! first he lines up marchisio off role for 2 matches... and now he picks gattuso over marchisio to play in marchisio's natural role?!?! COME ON MAN! :RANT:

let's just hope we'll see some decent football at least. that's all i ask for at this point.

I have no idea what the hell Lippi is doing, Marchisio has been in the wrong position two games in a row and this is just making people believe he is a poor player. I've had more than 5 people tell me "What is Marchisio doing playing for the national team?" Well fucking hell for Juve he has mainly been right in the centre doing a fine job.

I hope tonight we can actually be a better attacking threat and start playing some proper football.

FORZA AZZURRI!

Disgraceful. It seems like its more than Lippi at this stage. No one is running... and we are still kicking it long. Don't they fucking realize that these long balls aren't cracking the Slovakian defence? We are playing De Rossi and Montolivo and we still insist on booting it long. When we have the ball, no one is going up... there is no urgency... we are so relaxed. I can't believe this is worse than Milan.

Only positive for me: Criscito.

We deserve to be out.

Montolivo and De Rossi cant even make a fucking proper pass, this is frustrating. We cant even switch the ball to the other side of the pitch for christ's sake.

Goodbye world cup.

Howard Webb could've sent Cannavaro off, and Slovakia could have 2 goals by now. I can only see Italy scoring from a set piece, and if they go through it's a disgrace for football.

Italy and France, champion and vice-champion, both very disappointing...

Tell Iaquinta and Di Natale to get the ball back and stop playing in the defenders shoulder, its not working. Decrease the space between lines and get some1 to make the transition between defence > attack because montolivo is doing it wrong. Don't really get what Gattuso is doing there, he is a -1 atm.
Ib4: Gattuso > Camoranesi and move de rossi a lil back to connect the defense to the mid and making more space for montolivo to get the ball from him and making the transition with Camo.

So far, your pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom