World Cup 2010 - The Italy Thread - Prandelli!!!

Re: World Cup 2010 - The Italy Thread - Forza Azzurri!

Lets wait to which position they run crying, because one goal was not given(which was right, cause the ball was not fully behind the line), the goal scored after the off-side(which was also right) and because of this senseless "fight" after your goal(with Quagliarella dying in a way, any Hollywood actor could learn somethin; Of course it was a clear red card for Mucha, but Jesus, you do not need to fall that dramatically).

I am quite happy, that you are going home, because you did not play attractive or at least, good football. Also I think it is just right after the happenings in 2006 against the Aussies and Germans.

Edit: Oh Noez...nice goal by Quagliarella.

Last edited:

Oh well. Not much I can say. Thank god this shit is over. Like I said a few weeks ago, I'm not too disappointed since I witnessed 2006.

LOL! whenever italy has a bad result, a classy german pops up. that's exactly what happened 2 years ago after italy went out of the euro. a german guy was the first to show up in the italy thread and rejoice at our loss with a classy "yeah spaghetti out!"
it just goes to show u can be a looser even when your team is doing well.
anyhow....

neoexodus said:
So far, your pathetic.
indeed mate. pathetic is the most appropriate word. the saddest thing is that's not a surprise to anyone who watched italy playing in the last 2 years. this is how italy has been playing ever since lippi came back.

oh well, at least it's over. :))

Italy, the country with arguably the best defensive culture in the world, cannot concede from a throw, ever.

And your goals were down to individual tallent more than anything, which makes it worse, since the way the team plays (or doesnt play) is a complete waste of their individual talents. Pirlo alone can't do it all...

We lost all our personality. I thought Chiellini was extremely poor all World Cup, in fact most Juve players were poor, which I think is down to their club being absolutely awful.

Our attack lacks any character, we used to have Toni who was quite a major point of reference.... Iaquinta can't carry the team's attack, and neither can Gilardino if he was going to go swimming all day. I would've wanted Borriello because his control is good, so is his heading and finishing.

When we attack the midfield wasn't even helping the attack, we used to have Totti and a fit Gattuso, as well as a fit Pirlo.

I really think someone like Balotelli in the future along with Pazzini and Borriello can form a strong attacking choice for Prandelli.

i still belive on world cup there is no bad teams...italy was not bad, france was not bad but this is all in the heads of players...today i saw my country team with clear minds, they belived, they play without nerves... Italy HAD to , we could.... i thank all Italian guys who accept that we won.... But you are 4 times world champions, for us as whole this is dream... i hope you will chear us in next rounds.... Grazie!!!

You fully deserved it, and I hope you destroy Holland. We obviously were confused, lacked confidence and lacked any real leader in attack and in defence.

The goal from the throw was a disgrace!

This is the beggining of a new era. Bring in the young ones. Chiellini is starting to lose me.

The most player I felt sorry for was Quagliarella. The others seemed like they don't care.

Lippi seemed like he did nothing for 2 years.

Lippi was very wrong. Very wrong. I always liked him at juve, but this time he just lost it. Must be something in the cigar...

bye bye italy. unlucky. what went wrong? bad coach? bad players? what?

i still belive on world cup there is no bad teams...italy was not bad, france was not bad but this is all in the heads of players...today i saw my country team with clear minds, they belived, they play without nerves... Italy HAD to , we could.... i thank all Italian guys who accept that we won.... But you are 4 times world champions, for us as whole this is dream... i hope you will chear us in next rounds.... Grazie!!!

u're a nice guy pipa, but honestly we WERE really bad. infact this is the worst italy team i've ever seen in my life.

but make no mistake, that doesn't detract anything from slovakia's performance. your team was absolutely nice to watch. very well composed, very well positioned on the pitch... and u also played some very nice football. :APPLAUD:

of course we will root for u in the next rounds! :)) ... or at least i will! wich team is slovakia going to face in the eight-finals?
edit: just read from stefano's post is gonna be holland.
lami said:
Lippi was very wrong. Very wrong. I always liked him at juve, but this time he just lost it. Must be something in the cigar...
:LOL: yeah maybe it was that.
by the way i just noticed lippi refused to shake hands with slovakia's coach.... so embarassing.... after all this mess, u could at least be graceful in defeat u idiot! :TD:

Last edited:

LOL! whenever italy has a bad result, a classy german pops up. that's exactly what happened 2 years ago after italy went out of the euro. a german guy was the first to show up in the italy thread and rejoice at our loss with a classy "yeah spaghetti out!"

As stated in the Germany thread, this has nothing to do with Italy or the people. The thing is mainly how you play and act during a game(and of course the fact you knocked us out in 2006:P), I would react in this way to any nation doing this stuff, it is just not my understanding of football and professionalism, what some players in your team do. As an example I would like to show the person of Quagliarella: Great footballer, very good technique(wonderful goal today), but why in God's name does he have to simulate in SUCH a theatrical way? Look above, I said, it is definitely a red card for Mucha, but he certainly does not need to die on the pitch.

And this is not just the actual generation...

Well done to Slovakia but some of the playacting and timewasting particularly from the Slovaks needs looking at.

Also I hope Blatter was watching. The game desperately needs technology such as for the goal line and also for retrospective punishments.

Player's seem to have a different idea of anatomy to medical practitioners.

The game does show Pirlo was a key but why keep players like Pazzini and Quaglierella on the bench and also not use a talented kid like Bonucci at the back ?

Lippi will have some of his reputation tarnished by this calamity as it should be for such a footballing power as Italy. He should have played an attacking formation from the start as the team can quite clearly play that way if required but like Weiss Snr too negative.

Those decisions were marginal and most linesmen would have given the benefit of the doubt to the attacking side.

Fabulous goal from Quagliarella goal of the tournament so far.

What I cannot stand is the schadenfreude nature of the commentators we have here in the UK. No doubt they are hoping every 'major' team stumbles and is knocked out so that England get a free run to the title.

Cowardly indeed. Peter Drury is one of the worst commentators to put up with. One time Bafana Bafana loyalist now Capello's acolyte.

Time to rebuild for Italy for 2012 with a whole set of youngsters.

Commiserations.

Bad of Lippi not to shake hands. He would have been slaughtered against teams like Holland, Argentina,...

Also looks like no one can replace Buffon for Italy.

Thank God this nightmare of a WC is over for us. Not the best footballers in the world but they could have showed some fighting spirit. To me, the team is as much to blame as the coach. I rejoice at the thought of Prandelli sweeping through the selection and forming something that will even resemble a team. Bye Bye Lippi, you were one of my heroes, but clearly you lost it.

I would like to see Prandelli take a gamble and bring in younger players. Good to see Criscito starting every match. Bochetti and Bonucci didn't play at all. Marchisio played in a different role and were anonymous in both games.

i still belive on world cup there is no bad teams...

Congratulations man, but no :TTTH: I think its full of bad 'teams', as usual no surprise there, other things are way more important at WCs and Slovakia had it today.

I feel sorry for the Italian friends here, but I didn't want you to succeed, as usual too no surprise there :P 4 times is enough.

I just wanted to say this was a very good match it had drama, passion and belief as a neutral I felt Italy offside goal was too close and should of benefited the attacking player as rules goes. Now, the goal that seem to cross the line was very close and it seems the rule here is ...if it`s close then go w/ NO!

Another giant has fallen giving hope to another side this might be good for the game not sure and way too many players are acting and now we seen slaps and punches going w/o punishment ....what`s next headbutting

I feel sorry for the Italian friends here, but I didn't want you to succeed, as usual too no surprise there :P 4 times is enough.

that sounds weird, coming from a brazilian. brazil is the only country which won more world cups than us :D
i do see your point though ;)

as for the upcoming italy, we can't say how good the team will do under prandelli, of course.
but we can definitely say that with prandelli in charge we will see the real italy. the best players will be choosen from now on, that's for sure.
cassano, balotelli, bonucci, ranocchia, maggio, pazzini, they will all come in. finally italy will show what italy really has to offer in terms of quality.

I've always backed Lippi and given him benefit of doubt when many others were criticizing him over the past couple years.

But this time he's fucked up and his reputation will be somewhat tarnished by this abysmal Italian performance in this world cup and rightly so. Bring on Prandelli!

As for the match itself, wow those last 30 minutes were probably THE most exciting 30 mins of World Cup we've had so far! Good football, urgency and tension from both teams, roller-coaster! Great stuff for the neutral! :D

As for the match itself, wow those last 30 minutes were probably THE most exciting 30 mins of World Cup we've had so far! Good football, urgency and tension from both teams, roller-coaster! Great stuff for the neutral! :D

This is true. Was one of the few games with two teams attacking each other till the end. If every match would be like this one, the WC would be a "real" WC instead of some nations neutralizing each other with the same boring defending system.

that sounds weird, coming from a brazilian. brazil is the only country which won more world cups than us :D

as for the upcoming italy, we can't say how good the team will do under prandelli, of course.
but we can definitely say that with prandelli in charge we will see the real italy. the best players will be choosen from now on, that's for sure.
cassano, balotelli, bonucci, ranocchia, maggio, pazzini, they will all come in. finally italy will show what italy really has to offer in terms of quality.

Where the hell was maggio??

Do you? :P My point is that I don't want you tying it up.

Uuuh baby, those final mins were insane, like I said in another I know once teams got desperate open games would happen, just look at this and USA yesterady.

Italy deserved to go out. They didn't even lead a game at any point of this competition.

and ???? ....US won their group and was down 2 goals at the half. They won the group on injury time goal at that.So, trailing means nothing we have a saying here "It`s not how you start but how you finish that counts"

Last edited:
Do you? :P My point is that I don't want you tying it up.

yeah, i perfectly understand. u wanna remain the only one leading the world in world cup wins, and italy's the only team which could possibly reach u :D
i can't blame u for that. but don't worry, we're not gonna reach u... at least for a few years :((
lami said:
Where the hell was maggio??
he came in in the last 20 minutes, and created more scoring chances in those 20 minutes than zambrotta did in the whole tournament. his very first pass could have turned to be an assist (that sweet through ball for di natale).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom