World Cup Tournament Thread!!!

Mike870231

Non-League
26 November 2005
Hey everyone myself and a friend Bestia just wanted to have an online world cup tournament for fun on pc/ps2 we just need 32 teams,now 1 team can have up to 2 human players on the team or just 1 if that's what u want,teams from 06 World Cup will be used and exact groups from 06 world cup will be used. Standings and updates will be done through this thread ill put the groups under this and for all who want to join just post a reply and let me know what team you would like. Game Times will also be done through this thread. Have fun and Play Fair :applause:

Grp.A Germany* Ecuador Poland Costa Rica

Grp.B England* Sweden* Paraguay Trin & Tob.

Grp.C Argintina* Netherlands* Cote d'ivoire Serbia & Mnt.*

Grp.D Portugal* Mexico Iran* Angola

Grp.E Italy* Ghana Czech Rep.* U.S.A.

Grp.F Brazil* Australia Croatia Japan

Grp.G Switzerland France* Korea Rep. Togo

Grp.H Spain* Ukraine* Tunisia Saudi Arabia

* Represents Chosen Teams.

I know some teams might not be in game but i dont know which exact ones so for which ever ones are left they can be replaced by whome ever the user wants. I hope to get enough guys by jan.7 so who ever wants in just reply with your choice and we can get things started.\\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/

Last edited:
ok ddp you got france we will begin play once 32 teams are selected also i will write first round games under this thread after all teams are chosen.

ok keep em coming guys good start we have 4 teams already remember all are welcome of all skill levels.:applause:

Ok guys depending on how fast we get the teams filled we might go with 16 teams instead of 32 but thats only if it takes a really long time to get all 32 filled hopefully there's alot more teams to come.

This is a good fair way of starting a World Cup Tournament.

I am starting a World Cup Tournament.

I AM ITALY...

GOOD START TO YOUR FAIR PLAY!!

This is a good fair way of starting a World Cup Tournament.

I am starting a World Cup Tournament.

I AM ITALY...

GOOD START TO YOUR FAIR PLAY!!

Just because they won world cup in real life doesnt necasarily mean their best in game would it have been better if i said brazil or england? anyways my friend is italian and im maltese so thats why we picked italy and anyways there's lots of teams that are on italy's level internationaly bra,eng,fra,arg,neth,etc. so i don't think im being unfair.

Anyways all are welcome hopefulllly we get some more people so we can get this tourny started.

Last edited:
Just to make things fair me and bestia are gonna change are team to argintina which means italy is now available to whom ever wants them.

ok guys its almost the 7th and only 5 entries so far we might have to delay a bit if we dont get some more people, so who ever wants in just reply it will be a fun tourny.

Awesome good choices, some good teams still available for others are italy,portugal,netherlands,czech,germany,etc.

ok you guys got those teams, so we have 9 teams now, the more the better all are welcome good teams still avialible.\\:o/

I am not saying it is unfair, you should have selected the teams at random and not let people select.

I done a world cup tournament a couple of years back and done the same way your doing, the tournament went ahead eventually, but letting people select teams was the wrong way to go about it.

I done one last year as well and selected all the teams at random and worked out better.
The only reason I have chosen not to do it this year, is the fact there is no interest in the game anymore, the PC version is dissapointing compared to the PS2 in gameplay and no-one really plays the PS2 version online.

Also you have taken no contact details from any of the players or anything, you really didnt think this through before posting a topic or even thinking about running a tournament.

contacting will be done through this thread each game will have 3-4 days to be played and people can post all results under this thread its really not that complicated.

ezio it shouldnt be a problem as long as u have a fast connection. what team would you like.

Well I have a cable modem not sure of exact speed but I think it's ok. I will take Italy if they are availble. If not, I will take the Netherlands. My name online is also ezio. Thanks.

ok so that's 10 teams in total so far plus i have 2 friends that will most likely enter the tourny to but i dont know with what teams yet,so if they enter we just need 4 more to get this tourny started!!

Ok so we just need a few more to get 16 teams and start this tourny all new guys that want in just post a reply with ur team choice.

Hey scarface and robben spain and netherlands have already been selected but their are still some good teams left like portugal,germany,czech and a few others i hope you still join scarface and robben sorry for inconveniance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom