World Football Climax (SEGA - PS2)

ThomasGOAL

Retired Footballer
15 March 2003
France
World Football Climax (SEGA - PS2)

With License of Liga and Eredivisie 100% Sure (maybe more !!)
on the pict you can see Liverpool, Chelsea, Milan AC, Inter
and look good.

WE concurrent ?

Official Website :
http://wfc.sega.jp/

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/2006/03/01/104,1141211407,49364,0,0.html

104_49364_wfc01.jpg

104_49364_wfc02.jpg

104_49364_wfc03.jpg

104_49364_wfc04.jpg

ME0000667130_2.jpg

ME0000667125_2.jpg

ME0000667129_2.jpg

ME0000667126_2.jpg

ME0000667127_2.jpg

Last edited:
Sega announced a new PS2 soccer game called World Soccer Climax, the game introduces 1-on-1 offense and defense into the gameplay. When player approaches the net during a game, it switches into the 1-on-1 mode, you can access a variety of offensive and defensive skills. World Soccer Climax will have over 7000 real name players and 400 teams from the world, and a variety of play modes, such as career, exhibition, competition, training, edit and versus.

not sure about the whole 1 on 1 situations. didnt ISS 3 try that??

Yessss! The Monster is Back!!!

Think about world wide soccer 97/98! Konami has stolen a lot of things, this game was briliant for sega Saturn!

Now i hope we will see a good Game! I wait and hope! Thanks sega!

The question is if the same Team from WWS 98 will Program this Game! WWS for Dreamcast was a disaster!!!!!

I hope Sega will produce and Program this Game bythemselfs, if this happens we get another great soccer Game, and then EA and Fifa can go Home and produce only NBA!

Come on Sega !!!!!!!

SWWS2000, SWWS Euro and SWWS 2001 on Dreamcast were made by Slicon Dreams of Europe (who made World League Soccer), Sega just stuck the "SWWS" badge on so it would sell. Agreed they were dreadful.

This seems to be by the Japanese Sega team that made SWWS97 and SWWS98 on Saturn which were amazing.

With the licences (which cost a fortune) and everything else, Sega are really going for it with this!

Last edited:
www.totalvideogames.com

After years of Virtua Strikers and SEGA Worldwide Soccer's, details have today emerged of a new footie title from the Japanese developer/publisher that promises to offer a more serious take on the world's favourite sport.

Despite a highly creative promotional trailer making use of cell-shaded visuals and stylish designs, World Football Climax promises an experience closer to that of Konami's superlative Pro Evolution series.

Currently in development for the Playstation2 and scheduled for an unspecified Japanese release in 2006, SEGA have secured licenses for the Spanish LFP, the Dutch Eredivisie and Gouden Gids along with the J-League.

Early details hint at more than 7000 players within the game taken from Europe's 6 major leagues, along with a unique "one-on-one" gameplay feature that makes use of a dynamic camera setup.

is nobody else concerned about the 1 on 1 sutuations. how did it work in iss3?

i checked the site for some player faces of ajax, they look realy shitty :(
For sho this wont be as good ass WE ofcourse:) but it can use some competition for WE sake,cus konami needs it.

Last edited:
when the original team from WWS 97/98 programm this game, konami gets in trouble!!! there must be some competition! We all know that sega can make great Games, why they dont use virtua striker graphiks who are amazing?? will the ingame graphiks are realy cell shading???? i hate this style og graphics!

come on sega!!

Yes, Virtua Striker does look nice, but a bit too coourful for a PES competitor.

And NO, the game will not have cell-shading, that video on the site is just the intro to the game.

All I remember of World Wide Soccer was playing it on the Sega Saturn and realising that I could score every time if I found the right position near the halfway line.

World Wide Soccer for its time was ace :) me and my mate used to spend hours on it on the Saturn back in the day.

Agreed the DC version was crap.

DJ

I see on the buttum: Dutch Eredivisie and Dutch 1e Divisie (2nd League) and LPF offcourse.. when is the release date of this? and will this really release for the Playstation 2? thanks

psfzola said:
All I remember of World Wide Soccer was playing it on the Sega Saturn and realising that I could score every time if I found the right position near the halfway line.

You can do the same thing in all WE games for PS2!!! everytime there will be a trik to make a goal in Footi games!

But there was no better Footballgame in 97/98 as segas world wide soccer!

Konami has taken a lot of stuff for theire we series, no its time for revange Sega! If sega makes a god gameplay i will be happy, i will see something new, something other who makes fun! Konami starts making same mistakes as EA does, 3-4 We every Year, the fans are paying a lot of Money! I personally have all Games from the WE series as original game!

I Hope this will be a great game, and Konami wake UP!!!!

1.jpg

Does seem to have alot of characteristics from the old Sega WorldWide Soccer games, such as the behind view and the cross on the radar. I'm pretty sure the old deveolment team is behind this game.

4.jpg
5.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg

NickSCFC said:
1.jpg

Does seem to have alot of characteristics from the old Sega WorldWide Soccer games, such as the behind view and the cross on the radar. I'm pretty sure the old deveolment team is behind this game.

4.jpg
5.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg
I hope your right mate, the old world wide soccer was a bit under-rated I thought because it only came out on the SEGA Saturn.

DJ

Back
Top Bottom