World Soccer Magazine

Stringer Bell

Banned
12 February 2005
London
Does anybody here read the World Scoccer magazine.....it is a very good mag you lot.....my favourite bit has to be the talent scout thing....you guys should check it out.

I used to read World Soccer, but ive stopped now because i kinda find it pointless reading news thats usually a month old when its released, and the amount of info you can find on the net.

Other tahn that, it was a good magazine.

Milanista said:
I used to read World Soccer, but ive stopped now because i kinda find it pointless reading news thats usually a month old when its released, and the amount of info you can find on the net.

Other tahn that, it was a good magazine.

Yeah thats the bad bit about it......it is not fully a to date....but still a good read :)

Has loads of info that you really would have to search for on the net. I like it cos sometimes you just gotta get your hands on the real thing. Anyway, mainstream mags don't focus on the small things as much as they do at WS.

crayon said:
Has loads of info that you really would have to search for on the net. I like it cos sometimes you just gotta get your hands on the real thing. Anyway, mainstream mags don't focus on the small things as much as they do at WS.

Tottaly agree with you.....because they managed to bring the news on eyinba winning the african CL and i enjoyed reading about the football in middle east like in Kuwait and all that.

It's a really NICE magazine.

LaAm what team do you support?

Last edited by a moderator:
FourFourTwo is a lot better, the only mag i read. Bought a couple of editions of World Soccer Magazine, but it isn't a patch on FourFourTwo.

i find world soccer mag a bible for my winning eleven editing. i use all the squad updates every year, and i find the champions league info just before the competition, which include tactics etc, to be invaluble.

Stasman said:
FourFourTwo is a lot better, the only mag i read. Bought a couple of editions of World Soccer Magazine, but it isn't a patch on FourFourTwo.

I find the FourFourTwo more focused british football with a bit of soccer from around the world.

IceMan_Bergkamp said:
i find world soccer mag a bible for my winning eleven editing. i use all the squad updates every year, and i find the champions league info just before the competition, which include tactics etc, to be invaluble.

Thats the same thing i do.......i thought i was the only person who deos this :D

World Soccer is the best mag their is for World Football. The older mags are fun to read also because you see players who were nothing in lineups but now they are big stars. I was having a clean out of my room the other day and started reading an Issue from around 1999 and the Parma team was just packed full of stars.

Four Four Two has some nice, interesting and often quirky features, but is slightly let down by its reliance on dull sportswear promos-disguised-as-interviews with players spouting the usual platitudes. World Soccer is a lot more po-faced (but not overly so), and is secondto-none for insightful opinion on the state of the game. Brian Glanville is wicked. To moan that World Soccer (or any print magazine) doesn't have up-to-date news is crazy. Since when has that been one of WS' selling points?

lol, yeah im having to work all easter weekend (12 hour shifts as well) so iv been properly bored !!

youv got to admit match was classic. I used to love coming home from school on a tuesday and getting my match magazine and a mars bar.

faiers said:
lol, yeah im having to work all easter weekend (12 hour shifts as well) so iv been properly bored !!

youv got to admit match was classic. I used to love coming home from school on a tuesday and getting my match magazine and a mars bar.
You came home to a Mars Bar??!! I bought mine at the school tuck shop which explains why I have crap teeth now. ;)

As for Match, I used to read it only if I didn't have a copy of Shoot! which in my day (mid-late 80's) was actually worth reading. Today it's a bit lame imo.442 is my preference but doesn't have much world football. I think there's room for another dedicated footy mag.

Last edited:
shoot !! well overrated mate, its all about match.

seriously though the only decent football mag about from fanzines is when saturday comes. if you havnt read when saturday comes you should definately check it out.

i cant stand these magazines that go to a match in places like poland and try to make it sound really interesting when it just isnt. they get all the big interviews but how often does anyone in football say anything that isnt remotely uncliched in the media ??

Just for the info the new World Soccer magazine is out today and it has a lot og good articles. It has on bit where it talks about the world best freekickers, suprised not to see Beckham on there. But this issue nice.

faiers, I agree. I also hate seeing divvy hooligans glamourised as they are sometimes in certain publications....actually, they're just making knobs of themselves. WSC is class. Lots of lippy comment in there that makes me laugh out loud. Bit pricey, but not so many ads. Good read.

Back
Top Bottom