Worst/Best Buys of the season so FAR!!!

Filip Sebo (Rangers) Couldn't hit a cows arse with a Banjo, poor poor Striker, to follow in the long line of bad rangers signings, this was a panic buy from Le Guen because all the good Le Championnat players said no to him

I think that sebo just needs to settle in at rangers, like adebayour has at arsenal. sebo's record in the past is impressive. i hope for PLG's sake he turns good for the second half of the season.

vidic. one of the best , if not the best in the premiership , even outshadowing his partner rio . anelka deserves a mention as well . sol cambell , not really a buy but hes been doing well at portsmouth

Last edited:
Worst Buys

Rui Costa (Benfica) Can't help but think that all that wage money could have went to better use.

If fact mate it wasn't a bad buy because, he was injured for 4 mouths (2nd injure his career) and he'll play on the next Saturday, personally I think he'll be a great "buy" for this new "2nd box round" and for the UEFA Cup. :)

Tomas Rosicky has been Arsenal's best signing for a while. You could count the amount of times he's given the ball away on one hand. A very intelligent player who always makes the right choices in possession. His two goals today went even further to cement his growing importance to the side.

Ballack and Shevchenko have both been victims of a skewed formation which suits neither of them properly. They could both still come good, class is permanent after all.

Our worst signings this season were..errrm, all al them. But two men stand out.
One of them is Nowotny. Former German NT player, a man who was supposed to fix all our defence problems made all our crapish defenders look good when he was in. And luckily he was in very rarely, played only few matches and finished half-season as one of the lowest rated players. ](*,)
The good thing is he ended his career and is off the salary now.
Another "great signing" is Costa Anderson. A man with a label of brasilian u21 or whatever turned out to be no more agile than a dead turtle: A man who was supposed to be our sharpest attack cutting edge scored as many as one goal in half-season and went famous for beeing sent off after six seconds in game. :puke:
The good thing is he went on loan somewhere in Portugal and is off the salary now.
And all other newcomers this season were no much better for us, just hoping that winter transfer players would turn a bit better [-o<

EPL:

Good:
McCarthy (Blackburn)
Martins (Newcastle)
Anelka (Bolton)
Campbell & James (Portsmouth)
Kuyt (Liverpool)
Larsson (Man Utd)
Montella (Fulham)

Bad:
Traore (Charlton & Portsmouth!)
Ballack, Mikel, Boulahrouz (Chelsea)
Euell (M'boro)

I am VERY dissapointed in Mark Gonzalez (Liverpool). not sure if he needs settling in time, or just a new pair of legs!!

His injuries have been constant so far.

Hope he does well, he looks like he has a lot of talent to give us.

Bests:
Higuain (Real madrid): great young player with a lot of future, he has a great techniche and is really fast
Diogo (Zaragoza): I saw him playing and peñarol and then in river and I realized he was a fantastic player. Althought in river he didnt show his highest level.

Worst:
Gago (Real madrid): most overrated argentinian player in the world, he is not that good, adding that he comes from boca one of the big lies in the history of football

In Holland:

Best:
Jaap Stam (ajax)
Edison Mendez (PSV)
Carlos salcido (PSV)
Luis Suarez (FC Groningen)
Afonso Alves (Heerenveen)
Orlando Engelaar (FC Twente)
Moussa Dembele (AZ)
David Mendes da Silva (AZ)
Theo Lucius (Feyenoord)

Worst:

Charisteas (feyenoord)
Huysegems (feyenoord)
Roger (ajax)
Sinouh (az)
Didulica (az)

In France, there's not a lot of big deals, but there's a lot of good choices for relaunching some careers. And it's nice to see a lot of (very) young players being regular players.

Best:
Elmander (Toulouse)
Jelen (Auxerre)
Alvaro Santos (Sochaux)
Cissé (Marseille)
Job (Sedan)
Pieroni (Nantes)
Saifi (Lorient)
Toulalan (Lyon)
Roudet (Valenciennes)
Ilan (Saint Etienne)

Worst:
Moreira (Rennes) #1
Traoré (Paris)
Koller (Monaco)
Marlet (Lorient)

In my opinion, not much can be worst than this.

Jimi Troare

Liverpool - Charlton - Portsmouth

Funny to see Elmander is doing great at Toulouse, which means Feyenoord made a huge mistake again.

Don't forget Fred, Smolarek, Cairo, Sno, Engelaar, Zuiverloon & Boutahar:lmao:

Best:
Gago to Real Madrid
He's amazing. Period.

Aimar to Zaragoza
Aimar is a very special player. He had to put up with the lack of imagination and creativity of his teammates in Valencia for years. I'm happy he finally has teammates to make 1-2 passes with.

MATIAS FERNANDEZ to Villareal
He can blow your mind.

--

I wouldn't rate Tevez as a worst buy, his case is like Aimar's, only much much worst. He went to a team where no one has skills, creativity or sensibility to play along with him and create football. They are running machines prepared to hit and charge against the opposition defenders until a lucky goal comes in by a rebound. He has no one to play with.
To make things worst, their manager (as many european managers) prefers big beasts like Harewood or the 80 years old Sheringham. And while Zamora is not bad, he's not a partner for talents like Tevez. Would any of you seriously prefer any of these players over Tevez?
So he's not a worst buy, he belongs to a list called "worst moves for talented players".

Mascherano on the other side has always been an overrated player (as it tends to happen with many argentinians) but he's still miles ahead of the guy who shares the defensive double pivot with Reo-Cocker (Collins or Mullins, something like that).

Mullins.

Despite single handedly abusing my team, I pretty much agree with all of that mate.
Unfortunately all the bollocks going on behind the scenes at West Ham has contributed to our downfall.
For what it's worth, Tevez has played well when given the chance and he is generally very liked at our place.

Mascherano on the other hand is a more difficult one to call.
Everyon knows the guy has ability, but it's this typical basic English mentality that doesn't allow Mascherano any chance to show what he can do.
The English game was always going to be hard for him in the same way it was for Veron; both like time on the ball to create and give and move but he doesn't get no time for it. (This is why Mullins has been preferred up until now as his game is more adjusted to that).

95% of people at West Ham would like to see Mascherano given a role in the team, perhaps in a more unorthadox formation.
In my opinion he should have played alongside Reo-Coker and our promising youngster Mark Noble in a 3-man midfield with Yossi Benayoun in a free role ahead.

But now we have signed Boa Morte and Nigel Quashie (who I think could well turn out to be the best buy for us) we look like sticking with 4-4-2.

I just cannot wait for Dean Ashton to return asap... I for one am relishing seeing him and Tevez partnering each other up front.

I just hope it isn't too little, too late!! ;)

Oh and by the way....
Not having that. Gudjohnson has great technique.

I agree... Gudjohnsen is the bollocks.
I personally thought he was technically the best footballer at Chelsea before he left.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom