Worst/Best Buys of the season so FAR!!!

Steely

Non-League
29 April 2002
So as we are half way through the season i thought id ask everyone,who is their best/worst buys of the season in general or for there club.

Best - im not sure!!

Worst- Michael Carrick -is he not as good as i thought?? - or maybe he was a panic buy?? - or maybe he is just an average prmiership player????? - or just not very good??

So as we are half way through the season i thought id ask everyone,who is their best/worst buys of the season in general or for there club.

Best - im not sure!!

Worst- Michael Carrick -is he not as good as i thought?? - or maybe he was a panic buy?? - or maybe he is just an average prmiership player????? - or just not very good??

Carrick's actually made a pretty good start, he's not set the world alight, but then he's not supposed to, just a good, solid player.

Best has got to be.....hmmm......I really have no idea

Worst would have to be Shevchenko, Ballack or any of Liverpool's bunch of Spanish/Dutch retards

Fabio Simplicio - Palermo - best signing.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

\\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/

:8): :8): :8): :8): :8): :8): :8): :8): :8):

sometimes an emoticon tells more than a thousand words :mrgreen:

Beste: Diego and Carrick (how anyone can say that he was the worst eludes me, he was the final piece of the puzzle for Man Utd, who have once again a very good team...for the first time since 1999).

8 goals and 10 assists...hm. very good. very effective. combined with some nice i think he is one of the best of this season. :)

Beste: Diego and Carrick (how anyone can say that he was the worst eludes me, he was the final piece of the puzzle for Man Utd, who have once again a very good team...for the first time since 1999).

For once I agree with you. Well said.

In Portugal:

Best:
Hélder Postiga (FC Porto)
Ricardo Quaresma (FC Porto)
Kostas Katsouranis (SL Benfica)
Simão Sabrosa (SL Benfica)
Frabizio Miccoli (SL Benfica)
Nani (Sporting CP)
Roland Linz (Boavista FC)

Worst:
Vitor Baía (FC Porto)
Liedson (Sporting CP)
Carlos Bueno (Sporting CP)
Luisão (SL Benfica)
Léo (SL Benfica)
Mário Jardel (SC Beira-Mar)
Wender (Sporting Braga)

Hélder Postiga (FC Porto)
Ricardo Quaresma (FC Porto)
Kostas Katsouranis (SL Benfica)
Simão Sabrosa (SL Benfica)
Frabizio Miccoli (SL Benfica)
Nani (Sporting CP)
Roland Linz (Boavista FC)

All these guys were bought this season?

rotfl no!

Only Postiga (who was on loan), Katsouranis (from AEK Athens) and Roland Linz (Austria Wien).

At the moment i'm not very impressed with the players Chelsea bought...they just seem unable to jump the last hurdle form a very good to an all-conquering team...

Worst buy in France: Wilhelmsson in Nantes.
In Belgian papers there is a story that Wilhelmsson would love to return to Anderlecht.

Again I have to agree with Stan- whats happening to me? Chelsea have indeed made some poor buys this season.

Chelsea flops
Kalou
Obi Mikel
Ballack - just doesn't convince me, most of the time he is fouling
Shevchenko - Overpriced, not saying he is a bad player but just overpriced considering his age. Doesnt suit chelsea's long ball merchant game.

Other players who I'd say are bad buys are

Pennant. Birgminham -Liverpool
kuyt although has good tecnique and ability, I dont think he is a good enough goal scorer. Feyenoord - Liverpool
Gonzalez Real Sociedad - Liverpool
Andy Reid- Tottenham - Charton

ballack is slowly adapting and playing much better, yes he committs many unncessary fouls.
Kalou has been very good when he plays on the flank.

flops:
sheva, carrick, tevez, mascharano, woodgate, joaquin

best buys:
Kanu, d.James, for pompey
Aimar for zaragoza
martins for newcastle
Gudjohnsen for barca
nakamura for celtic

ballack is slowly adapting and playing much better, yes he committs many unncessary fouls.
Kalou has been very good when he plays on the flank.

flops:
sheva, carrick, tevez, mascharano, woodgate, joaquin

best buys:
Kanu, d.James, for pompey
Aimar for zaragoza
martins for newcastle
Gudjohnsen for barca
nakamura for celtic
carrick? woodgate? cmon man, gudjohnsen?!?!?!?!? he has sucked

Back
Top Bottom