Would you like to see a player manager mode in the game?

tony 7

League 2
30 August 2003
Northamptonshire
Just thinking maybe Konami should put a player manager mode in the game liek Senisble World of Socer and Acmo version of player manager on the Amiga.
I know there is a Master League but it only has a few leagues and you have to earn points rather than money to buy players. The game is superb I especially love the shooting and just feel this would add more lifespan in single mode.

i like to see a master league but national team version...
meaning u are a national coach and u can recall players for matches... like nippon challenge

If anyone remembers the last ISS, there was some really neat animation and cutscenes and some of them included the manager - I'd really like to see that myself.

Player Manager mode is what we are playing now?

I think a ML with real "management"-game options should be cool...

but for me, since I play only in "fixed" mode, I really wish to have a "career mode"... you creat a player with your own name and face, and begin with poor stats, and play in a division 2 league... then you have to manage your training to grow your stats, and if you play well, can be transfered in a better team, called in the NT, then all-stars team... etc... something like the career mode of ISS 2000 on Nintendo64...

tony 7 said:
Just thinking maybe Konami should put a player manager mode in the game liek Senisble World of Socer and Acmo version of player manager on the Amiga.
I know there is a Master League but it only has a few leagues and you have to earn points rather than money to buy players. The game is superb I especially love the shooting and just feel this would add more lifespan in single mode.

Points = money. No big deal. Even if they gave you cookies as long its spendable, who cares?

We are all palyer managers. If you wan't to be a specific player, use 'fixed' mode, then.

Cheers.

Pakigol said:
I think a ML with real "management"-game options should be cool...

but for me, since I play only in "fixed" mode, I really wish to have a "career mode"... you creat a player with your own name and face, and begin with poor stats, and play in a division 2 league... then you have to manage your training to grow your stats, and if you play well, can be transfered in a better team, called in the NT, then all-stars team... etc... something like the career mode of ISS 2000 on Nintendo64...

IMO, I like it just fine as it is. No need for player career mode.

What is MOST urgently needed is the overhaul of the ML.

Critical:
- More teams. With good DIV1-2 structures. Although some ppl. want to simulate the real EPL, La-Liga, Bundesliga, Calcio I don't think this is not necessary. Prefer they leave it as a fantasy random league. Afterall we have the options to choose ML starting teams.

If they have the full licences for Leagues (e.g. Calcio/La LIga)
WTF don't they put in the lower div teams. Very lazy on Konami's part, but I understand why, In Asia, most poeple only know about the big & 'famous' teams. But KOnami have to remember they are making a game for a worldwide audience. Personally, I wouldn;t care much for these also, but someone out there might.

- Ability to switch teams/job offers as your WEFA ranking improves.

- Chose a nationality (from a pre-set list). Allow to take over/manage teams when there are international matches played for your country. (when you've acheived somewhat of a reputation, i.e wefa ranking) Sort of what Mark Hughes was doing with Wales, and Steve Maclaren was doing with England. Should break up the monotony of a long ML season.

- Allow to negotiate contracts/transfers at any time. Althogh the actual transfers may only occur during the transfer window.

Good to have:

- Allow you to create a new stadium when you're using fully custom team. AS your're status grows, allow you to puchase new stadiums.

- Pitch and ad-board and ball editor. (he.he. this would make patching almost obsolete).

- Keep the licensed kit logo/clothing templates in game. I.e The nike swoosh from Arsenal, Adidas from Milan etc.etc. For e.g Konami need only licence a few teams, eg Germany, Brazil, Denmark, Italy. Then allow players to have and option like player create. (i.e copy as base tempalte). Then freely edit the colours/design etc. etc.) Badges have to be created still.

Afterall nowadays most NT, especially those using NIKE/ADIDAS are so generic anyway (IMO its boring, and with that stupid circle on the chest).

- Allow you to get sponsors from a list of fictional sponsors or actual sponsors. (start with 'generic' as default).These sponors give you 'cash' spread over a season which can be used to buy new players/upgrade stadium.
- They will agree to sponsor/pay you and provide you sposorship based on % of a total sum on dependant how good your performances are.

- Simulate attendances based on performance. IF you're on a losing streak attendances may drop.

- Allow you to purchase non-playing staff. Physios, coaches that can reduce time a player is injured/improve training stats.

Just some of my thoughts.

Cheers.

God Konami can't be arsed to implement a proper league and cup system, you have more chance of Elvis turning up than Konami making their game have any sort of longevity, come on god forbid you may not bother to buy the next tweaked instalment a few months later. SWOS was made in the good old days of fully rounded games when the makers were not allready on with the next three instalments. If the game was popular you'ed get a sequal in a year or so after they'ed made the game bigger and better not just tweaked and put in some new hairstyles and then charged you the best part of £40.

Anco's Player Manager god I wonder where my disks are??

Nick Cave said:
God Konami can't be arsed to implement a proper league and cup system, you have more chance of Elvis turning up than Konami making their game have any sort of longevity, come on god forbid you may not bother to buy the next tweaked instalment a few months later. SWOS was made in the good old days of fully rounded games when the makers were not allready on with the next three instalments. If the game was popular you'ed get a sequal in a year or so after they'ed made the game bigger and better not just tweaked and put in some new hairstyles and then charged you the best part of £40.

Well said, Nick. Agree with you. In those days, getting a sequel really meant a whole new experience. Nowaday it's usually just more of the same, just with different superficial changes.

I think for ML, Konami (europe) needs to really push the matter since the EU is proabbaly the biggest market. Konami (JP) couldn;t care less IMO.

The ML really overdue for a great overhaul. Giving us dynamic stats was good, and now allwing us to auto- train and select specific areas is good. But I felt all these should have been done in the first place.

They seem content to try out a little bit here, see how the fans react then tweak a liitle bit more. I think we'll get the title we all dream of, the day Konami decides not to publish the series any more. A swansong title, you would say. As long as they, can squeeze us for more each year, they'll continue doing so.

Cheers

jiwa said:
I think for ML, Konami (europe) needs to really push the matter since the EU is proabbaly the biggest market. Konami (JP) couldn;t care less IMO.

I think your right I think the Japanese market are happy with a pick up and play product and are not interested in the ML side of the game, not to the extent of the European market.....

Hope you missed out on the Smog !!

I think your right I think the Japanese market are happy with a pick up and play product and are not interested in the ML side of the game, not to the extent of the European market.....
Nick Cave said:
Hope you missed out on the Smog !!

Woke up to smog on Sat morning, after 5 hrs of WE9 the night before. Visibility was only bout a mile. Got a bad throat now. Anyway, good reason to take a few days off from work and put in more WE9 eh? ;)

Cheers

Nick Cave said:

i still have an amiga 1200 hooked up to my tv so i can play SWOS now and again. the career mode in that has never been bettered. if konami could do something remotely resembling the depth that had, even with a tenth of the teams it would be great.

kaisersoze666 said:
i still have an amiga 1200 hooked up to my tv so i can play SWOS now and again. the career mode in that has never been bettered. if konami could do something remotely resembling the depth that had, even with a tenth of the teams it would be great.

Yep had mine out lately and some things in there (SWOS) are better than whats in PES and WE, and it's still great fun to play!!

konami will never perfect their master league system, they will just improve it a tiny winy bit every series and make us buy all of them. They wouldnt make much of a change since its a 'Cash Cow'

BK_83 said:
konami will never perfect their master league system, they will just improve it a tiny winy bit every series and make us buy all of them. They wouldnt make much of a change since its a 'Cash Cow'

A truer word and all that....and by the way you've been reading too many marketing books :)

I dont see the point, it would be a waste of game memory/space, which they could use on extra teams, better commentary, other skills etc. If I want to see a manager I'd play some other game.

New Fifa Game Career mode.
The Manager Mode of FIFA 06 borrows even more elements from Total Club Manager (the management-only simulator that PC fans have enjoyed for years). Team chemistry will truly matter this year as adding or subtracting popular and important players will have an effect on the rest of the team. Winning cures all ills, that's true, but the thought here is that if you ruin good team chemistry, those wins will be hard to come by because your squad will be severely depressed. If you play with Liverpool and decide it's worth it to sell Steven Gerrard so you can buy Ronaldinho, the fans and Reds as an organization may be more than a little upset with you. On a similar note, you don't have to worry about ruining your entire FIFA universe during your Manager Mode games, because teams will actively try to spend money and stay competitive in reaction to your transfer market moves. You can assemble your own team of Galacticos by grabbing Thierry Henry and Adriano and putting them on your version of Manchester United. But you'll pay through the nose for them and Arsenal and Inter, respectively, will spend that money on new superstars to replace the ones you've jacked from them.

In fact the whole concept of money management is more prominent in FIFA 06. You'll have a team budget like before, but you'll have to keep an eye on it from week to week now. Changing ticket prices, hosting games against weak competition, sponsorships, tournament payouts, and other elements factor into your team's financial health and you're responsible for all of it. You may have to wait until a particular week when your team's pockets are fat to pull off a move on the open market. Maybe you'll loan that promising young player to that struggling lower-division team so you can sell your aging star at the end of the season knowing you'll have his replacement ready. You get the money and the future is secure.

You'll also be able to negotiate sponsorship deals for your team with both real and fake companies. The version we saw didn't put any new logos on your team's uniform but the sponsorship paid out weekly and was apparent on your team ledger. Certain sponsors offer bonuses or balloon payment with loyalty while other companies simply aren't going to waste their dollars on a second rate team in a third rate town. So now winning in FIFA won't be enough, you'll get a crash course in sports team management, as you have to learn how to monetize your team's success and put them on the path to greatness. Madden fans have had a taste of this in ownership mode but in FIFA 06 the nature of the sport changes things. It's a lot tougher to "make" soccer stars through your own gaming skills since soccer doesn't have the same level of specialized skills as we see in the NFL. Losing great receivers to free agency doesn't hurt as much when your quarterback is still All-Pro. In FIFA you'll feel it when your star center-back leaves for greener pastures.

These are some things that are a must.

Have other clubs offer you jobs and have the chance of getting fired.
This would allow you to continue well into the game after you get bored at one club and players aging would be more effective.

Randomness of player growth so each time you play you have to scout players and not just buy the same ones.

Natural Growth of players even if they do not feature in first team every game

Proper transfer market list of players for sale

proper currency and no money for wins, acctual gate receipts so if doing badly less fans = less money

Sponserships and Chairman who are happy or unhappy with performance

hopefully this stuff will be included on PS3

to be abble to change team at the end of the season in ML is what I hope the most for pes5...

since I play in fixed mode with my own player, I could let other teams buy me then play in this team...

embraceuk1 said:
New Fifa Game Career mode.
The Manager Mode of FIFA 06 borrows even more elements from Total Club Manager (the management-only simulator that PC fans have enjoyed for years). Team chemistry will truly matter this year as adding or subtracting popular and important players will have an effect on the rest of the team. Winning cures all ills, that's true, but the thought here is that if you ruin good team chemistry, those wins will be hard to come by because your squad will be severely depressed. If you play with Liverpool and decide it's worth it to sell Steven Gerrard so you can buy Ronaldinho, the fans and Reds as an organization may be more than a little upset with you. On a similar note, you don't have to worry about ruining your entire FIFA universe during your Manager Mode games, because teams will actively try to spend money and stay competitive in reaction to your transfer market moves. You can assemble your own team of Galacticos by grabbing Thierry Henry and Adriano and putting them on your version of Manchester United. But you'll pay through the nose for them and Arsenal and Inter, respectively, will spend that money on new superstars to replace the ones you've jacked from them.

In fact the whole concept of money management is more prominent in FIFA 06. You'll have a team budget like before, but you'll have to keep an eye on it from week to week now. Changing ticket prices, hosting games against weak competition, sponsorships, tournament payouts, and other elements factor into your team's financial health and you're responsible for all of it. You may have to wait until a particular week when your team's pockets are fat to pull off a move on the open market. Maybe you'll loan that promising young player to that struggling lower-division team so you can sell your aging star at the end of the season knowing you'll have his replacement ready. You get the money and the future is secure.

You'll also be able to negotiate sponsorship deals for your team with both real and fake companies. The version we saw didn't put any new logos on your team's uniform but the sponsorship paid out weekly and was apparent on your team ledger. Certain sponsors offer bonuses or balloon payment with loyalty while other companies simply aren't going to waste their dollars on a second rate team in a third rate town. So now winning in FIFA won't be enough, you'll get a crash course in sports team management, as you have to learn how to monetize your team's success and put them on the path to greatness. Madden fans have had a taste of this in ownership mode but in FIFA 06 the nature of the sport changes things. It's a lot tougher to "make" soccer stars through your own gaming skills since soccer doesn't have the same level of specialized skills as we see in the NFL. Losing great receivers to free agency doesn't hurt as much when your quarterback is still All-Pro. In FIFA you'll feel it when your star center-back leaves for greener pastures.

Yeah man. Echoes some of my thoughts too. IMO, I wouldn't want full-fledged mgmt options in WE/PES. Don;t want to detract from WE being a footie game, not a management sim.

Just some major tweaks like changing teams, sposorhip and basic cashflow mgmt, wuold suffice for now. Also signing palyers have to be made more interesting and interactive and allow to negotiations at any point in time.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom