Sporting Lokeren
Cover:
587310-wreckfest-playstation-4-front-cover.jpg
Platforms: PS4/Xbox One/PC
Release Date: 14 Jun 2018

Developer: Bugbear
Genre: Sport/Action

Description:
Wreckfest is a racing video game developed by Bugbear Entertainment and published by THQ Nordic. Wreckfest is described as the spiritual successor to the FlatOut series and a cross between FlatOut, Destruction Derby and cult 1989 PC racer Street Rod.

Hey everyone,

Was wondering if any of you will be buying this game on PS4?

As a Big fan of the classic Destruction Derby games back in the day, I can't believe I've had to wait this long for a new title.

Absolutely stoked!

Last edited by a moderator:
Been playing the PC version for over 150 hours on Steam with three of my buddies on a regular basis on ~20 players servers. It's the most fun we've had in a racing game in ages, so here's fingers crossed for you guys getting good console versions.
20 players would be immense in this game! I've not kept track of it for a long time but i doubt were getting that on consoles. Prob going to be 16. Do you know Scorpio?

luVnD99.png

Finally. I paid 20 bucks years ago. This was the first time I funded or preordered something. Then there was a time I thought this game isn’t gonna be released.
I was happily surprised then when i saw a release date month ago. :)

I’m a big fan since the first destruction derby days (on PC). Really looking forward to some multiplayer mayhem!! :D

Edit: if you want to get your ride tuned by my sledgehammer; add me to your PS4 FL! :D It’s “PRO_TOO”. please add a short message to it. Thx.

Last edited:
Update: got an email that night asking what version I’d prefer (US or EU).
Answered that support email and waiting for my final code now. I hope it’s Monday, not Tuesday!! :)

It really is some fun!! Only downside so far: the loading times! ^^

Lawn Mower Race and one AI driver gets da big fXXXer!! :D so much fun. And when the AI is on your tail and that big Mower just want to plow over you...! :SNACK:
Haven’t seen all the modes and race conditions yet. Figure 8 is so nice to drive. :D
Next up is a mud derby. Let’s see.

It’s super fun!! :APPLAUD:

Edit: the sofa can not be tuned!! :RANT:

:LMAO:

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

Was wondering if any of you will be buying this game on PS4?

As a Big fan of the classic Destruction Derby games back in the day, I can't believe I've had to wait this long for a new title.

Absolutely stoked!

Ironically we got a PSX at work for our break room (has about 30 games built in) so I've been playing Destruction Derby again. Definitely going to get Wreckfest at some point.

It's the most fun I've had on the ps4 since Destruction Derby on the PS1!!!
It really is some fun. Let me explain some points and how I feel about it.
First: I do prefer racing sims but I’m not shy having fun with good arcade racers! In the past that was destruction derby, Motorstorm or burnout for example!

Second, some points:
The weight of the cars is so nice. They do feel like GTAV cars to me. A lot of weight (shifting), a lot of “ooomph”, but still very good to handle (with standard control settings) and unique in how different vehicles behave. The physics really add to the whole Shabang!!

The AI is really entertaining too. The opponent drivers have some moves that would make you think a human driver just rammed you.
One situation had me going into a long straight and when I planned to ram that opponent, I took a slight right turn to hit him full force driving to the left.
To my surprise the opponent did the same just seconds before I could initiate my move. Slammed me into the wall. Fantastic stuff!!

The graphics are ok. Not super but ok. 7,5/10, imo. I only wish there was a 60fps option. 30 is doing the job but I really really like to play that in 60!

Jumped into some quick multiplayer races last night. To my surprise, this went really well, besides the menu and all being very simpel. But again, it does the job.
Small lobby. Select car. Be ready. Go racing.
Did not notice any lag.
And it’s even more fun in multiplayer, I tell ya!! :D

Last edited:
Any of you guys using a wheel? Hows it feeling? Picked it up this morning but wont get on til tonight after work.

Played for 4 hours last night, Couldnt get the smile off my face! I was expecting it too be good but not this good. Felt amazing with the wheel with very detailed FFB which after the awful Dirt Rally 2 that was most welcome. Was also surprised with how sim like it is once all assists are turned off it handles exactly how you would expect and want and it feels so polished and with 24 cars on track and the carnage with no slowdown i have no idea how they pulled it off! Also how good is the soundtrack? I found myself in the menu's (no music while racing) just listening to the songs! Brilliant game! Really hope this sells well.

Only 1 downside and that is no HDR i would of loved seeing more realistic colours, Hopefully gets remastered on the PS5!

Back
Top Bottom