WRONG PENELTIES GIVEN!

J

juventus11

In matches you see reffs showing cards and arguing with other players. Some reffes decide to give penelties when fouled in the box, but what if it was a dive or a fake and the reff say no foul or a peneltie given for a dive . Discuss all about penelties give and when it should be given here in this thread.........

in matches all over the world.

Hahah well to start 2005. Tiago should have been punished for that handball in the box, im not sure if he was pushed or not because i never saw a replay.

The penalty Real Madrid were awarded in their first match against Roma this year in the CL. They were down 2-0, but then Raul scored an insanely lucky goal and then suddenly the referee gave Real a free penalty, which basically gave them the win. Unfair.

The penalty against Juventus in their last match in the group stage of this year's CL. If they hadn't been dealt that penalty they might very well had held their record of not allowing one single goal to go in during te entire group stage, which would be no small feat.

cleverpetey said:
The penalty against Juventus in their last match in the group stage of this year's CL. If they hadn't been dealt that penalty they might very well had held their record of not allowing one single goal to go in during te entire group stage, which would be no small feat.

Yes, it was an obvious dive by the Maccabi player.

Well at the near start of the season when Arsneal played Man Utd, Rooney in my opinion dived,when he was in the box.

Damn refferies in football really dont putt go effort.

loll chelsea got away with a very very obvious handball imo

Yea, and in another game someone who DIDNT hand the ball was penalised and a penalty was giving to the other team..

But I dont understand WHY players jump up in the box with there hand anywhere near the ball, obviously it looks like a handball, you would have to be super-human to see different.

That obvious penalty that wasn't awarded in that fantastic schoolyard game in 1973....that's the reason we lost that match...that was the beginning of the end of western civilization....Such a shame there was no referee....

cleverpetey said:
The penalty Real Madrid were awarded in their first match against Roma this year in the CL. They were down 2-0, but then Raul scored an insanely lucky goal and then suddenly the referee gave Real a free penalty, which basically gave them the win. Unfair.

Yeah it was unfair, also Real Madrid got another dodgy penalty during their match in Kiev (vs Dynamo Kiev) this season which let them draw. Also, personally I think the penalty Zidane won vs Leverkusen in the match in the Bernabeu was questionable (but it was saved superbly by Jorg Heinreich-Butt Leverkusen's goalkeeper).

It will be interesting Juventus v Real Madrid, to see if there are any more strange decisions with these teams.

cfdh_edmundo said:
... (but it was saved superbly by Jorg Heinreich-Butt Leverkusen's goalkeeper). ...

His name is Hans-Jörg Butt. ;)

But I agree, Real Madrid has been very jammy this Champions League season. :x

gerd said:
That obvious penalty that wasn't awarded in that fantastic schoolyard game in 1973....that's the reason we lost that match...that was the beginning of the end of western civilization....Such a shame there was no referee....

actually, it was a good thing there was no official at the 1997 Finals of the "clash of the best grade 4 class" football tournament. i was the goalkeeper and we were holding a grand 2-0 advantage on the other class, they were much bigger and very much the favourites to win. they came back after i dropped a clanger, clearing the ball off one of my own defenceman. i nearly cost us the win when the ball slipped between my legs and i fell back to try to stop it with me head on the way down. it worked, kind of, the slippery snow from under the ball allowed it to slide across the goalline. their big striker screamed that it was a goal, but i quickly thumped the ball back to the other end and as the recess bell rang, we were declared champions.

needless to say, the absence of a referee lifted me to stardom, projecting me to be the most liked 4th grader in the school, attracting the attention of several of the lasses in my class.

the popularity ended for me when i accidently tucked my shirt into my underpants (briefs at that time) after coming out of the bathroom

-fb

ps i'm for tv replays

Im against replays, but i support the point system. If a referee makes a certain number of mistakes, he will lose points and get suspended. Video replays remove the nature of the sport by wasting time and removing the many porbabilities of the match. Imagine the game being paused while they consider whether an action was offiside? will they replay the action by kicking the long ball from a dead ball situation??

Another good solution is to add more officials, like theyve begun to do in Serie A in 2005.

where does this fifth official situate him/herself?

-fb

i've always said that having 2 linesmen on each side of the pitch would be a good one for offsides. so then the game only stops if both linesmen flag. if only one does, then that signifies an element of doubt hence advantage to the attacker
replays for goal line incidents like spurs' win at old trafford
but i think more linesmen will help the offsides.
maybe there should be end linesmen to stand by the goal to be closer to the penalty incidents.

Video replays would be good, I mean if you seen what happened to Tottenham you would realise how important video replays are..

They got blatantly cheated, the referee or the linesman didnt see the ball basicaly hit the back of the net, and if you couldnt see that, then surely they could see Caroll dive basicaly into the back of the net..

Surely if the ball is struck from 50 yards then everyone will have there eyes on the goals, apart from the 2 most important people that is..

Its the same with the incident, yet again involving Man UTD, when the official said 3 minutes added on, Alex Ferguson went over and spoke to him and it amazingly turned into 4 minutes added on, and Man UTD scored after 3 minutes+..

Its a joke, seriously how hard is to to have another official watching the game on tv and if something important happens then he can tell the referee..

It will waiste a little time, but so does diving and what not, its basicaly like having the advantage rule, the referee plays on and if the team doesnt have an advantage he gives a freekick..isnt this time waisting?..

And call me stupid but I dont know how many linesmen they have in 1 half of the pitch, but for this I will say they have 1. Why cant they have 2?..how is 1 person supposed to notice everything that happens in 1 half of the football pitch?..having 2 in each half would give them a better chance to see things, 4 eyes are better than 2.

And another thing I find disgraceful, why do FIFA keep denying the use of video evidence?..this is like the FBI denying the use of DNA evidence for god sake..

If someone punches someone in the back of the head and neither the referee or the linesman didnt see it, does this mean he doesnt get punished because they refuse to use video evidence?..

I honestly believe they do this just to get some extra media attention, to get more rivalries between clubs, because for me there is no other explanation..

You should of seen the Lazio-roma match so violent some penelties shoulds of been given.

there was one on lazios Philipini just maybe on the line.
but it was no call . If you saw the replay he tripped him from the back.

Back
Top Bottom