WWE '12

Those Smackdown! and Raw is War ones :...

Does this have that the possibility of creating two rosters (WWF 2000/WCW 1999)

There is some confusion over if it's possible to have a WWF roster and a WCW roster for some monday night wars action in universe mode. THQ had claimed you could replace raw or smackdown with nitro and have a wcw roster running against the wwf guys on raw.

Some are saying that when they try to make an all caw wcw brand it won't let them with the game saying 'you need a minimum of 15 superstars on a brand' meaning 15 in game people like the john cenas and randy ortons.

Others though say they've managed to get it working by creating a custom brand, putting their caws onto that, then editing Raw in universe mode and setting it so it uses the custom brand for its roster instead of the default raw brand roster.

You can do it yourself in exhibition though no problem at all.

Servers are pretty shit at the moment, keep getting dc/d from them

finally got to download some fighters, while from close they don't look alot like them, but distance and way they move/fight/taunt, there pretty good.

Last edited:
There is some confusion over if it's possible to have a WWF roster and a WCW roster for some monday night wars action in universe mode. THQ had claimed you could replace raw or smackdown with nitro and have a wcw roster running against the wwf guys on raw.

Some are saying that when they try to make an all caw wcw brand it won't let them with the game saying 'you need a minimum of 15 superstars on a brand' meaning 15 in game people like the john cenas and randy ortons.

Others though say they've managed to get it working by creating a custom brand, putting their caws onto that, then editing Raw in universe mode and setting it so it uses the custom brand for its roster instead of the default raw brand roster.

You can do it yourself in exhibition though no problem at all.

interesting indeed mate

Sorry only just seen this.

Well first the big bad news.

The promise that you could make universe mode how you want it isn't true. they claimed you could remove all the current roster if you wanted to and just put your created wrestlers in there. so you could have a full WCW game with 50 wcw caws and the in game wcw legends.

But somewhere between them finishing the game and us buying it something went screwy and the option isn't there. A few people who have review copies say it's possible for them so there must have been a code change between those copies and ours.

They claim to be working on it but it's anyones guess if that will happen.

Secondly. It's been hard to get into because the servers have been a complete mess... to the point where they've just not worked at all since launch.
I've been trying to download and upload content and it's just not worked at all so it's made it difficult for me to get into the game and enjoy playing it.

Someone figured out a way round the crappy servers and I managed to finally fill my game up with a bunch of classic rings and wrestlers and the game has finally started to get fun.

The gameplay is a big improvement on the last games. It's not night and day difference like they were hyping... but the new predator technology that blends animations add a placebo effect so instead of moving suddenly warping into the next animation, it blends between the two. It makes the gameplay flow much better and keeps you involved rather than constantly snapping you back to reality and screaming THIS IS A VIDEO GAME.

The ai is better and on the harder difficulties really have a go at you. they're not super intelligent and are still prone to the odd moment of randomness. but they're more fun to battle.

Another addition is the wake up taunts. When you have your finisher ready or stored, knock your opponent down and then press up on the d pad and you will taunt as they groggily get to their feet. Like how The Rock would crouch behind his opponents as they got up ready for the rock bottom or how Kane would hold his hand up wiggling his fingers ready for a chokeslam.

When you combine that with improved AI you can produce some fantastic endings.

I've had segments where I've gone for a finisher, had the AI reverse it (reversing finishers gives you a finisher) use a wake up taunt on me to hit their finisher... then I've reversed that, used a wake up taunt on them and FINALLY hit my own to win the match.

-

It's definitely the best THQ wrestling game in many a year. Too much to talk about. And for a legends fan like me, it's awesome being able to have Legion of Doom against Demolition in a created WWF ring with the classic WWF logos on the turnbuckles and classic summerslam logo on the ring apron.

Sounds promising but piss poor servers and no universal mode is a big let down.

maybe they will release a match to allow universal mode?

Universe mode is still in there... it's just not what they promised. they claimed you could remove all the in game people and just have an all caw universe.

What they've delivered is a mode that requires you to have a minimum of 15 in game or current day people on each brand. So if you add 25 caws to each show and start removing the current day people... as soon as you go below 15 current day people on a brand it will no longer let you save that roster.

Even if they do patch it... the way they've built the game this year means that if you remove the current guys to the free agent list... they still pop up now and again as 'surprise' opponents or 'surprise' royal rumble entrants. You can edit the matches yourself to stop this from happening but it's a bit of a hassle to have to do it when they had claimed that this years mode was all about OUR OWN universe and not what WWE/THQ restrict you to do.

The way I've set my game up for now is to create a sort of alternate reality where WCW was never sold to Vince McMahon. So I've created a wcw brand by editing the raw brand, changing the logo to wcw, then editing the raw tv show and changing that logo to 'wcw monday nitro' and changed the belts to wcw ones. then i put all the wrestlers who are either wcw alumni like arn anderson, booker t, road warriors, eddie guerrero... or caws or people who left the WWE at one time and have since returned. so Christian left to TNA and brock lesnar went to the ufc in the real world, in my game they're in wcw.

So i have a sort of wcw monday night show going up against a raw is war friday show with the occasional person swapping companies (brands). the only down side is having to allow the ppv's to feature people from both companies.

The servers have been much better the last few days. I was online last night for about 20 minutes with no errors and search results coming up in seconds.

Played this a bit, think it's ok, but really tempted to buy it solely if there is a good online wrestler download community, and thingsl ike arenas, storylines etc.

From the little I played on it, universe and rtw wont hold my attention, but tons of good classic fighters would from ECW, WCW back in the day.

Can anyone give me an insight ot how decent it is please.

Sigh. Why is every game online ruined by the community?

Fucking hate people who spam grapples meaning you can't do shit about reversing it.

got it for £23 delivered from Game this morning.

I fully expect to be able to download an excellent Dean Malenko and Mike Awesome amongst others when it arrives.

Got it through LoveFilm, hated it immediately...

1) awful animations. Little things now that look so out of place. I.e in an entrance, wrestler 'bangs' his chest, but animation is slow and looks stupid! And the ropes?! Wrestler climbed through ropes and they sprang apart like broken, loose springs.

2) atmosphere is awful, no crowd noise.

3) similarly commentary gets worse each year. Same generic comments barely linked to the action. Boring.

That all adds up to the presentation completely sucking arse and rips you right out of the experience.

Gameplay despite the new engine is still dull and amounts to little more than button bashing again and choppy animations despite the promises that it was a thing of the past.

I've got no further than a few exhibition matches and seen the same stuff that puts me off the WWE games each year.

Still say they need to redo the game from the ground up, so it's based around booking matches and winning points by how closely you carry out the bookers instructions and entertain the crowd, rather than a straight fighting game.

Back
Top Bottom