WWE '12

Yeah the gameplay was awesome, Loved the multiple kick outs.

Graphically its a bit of a letdown though but othereise looks really good.

These are arenas THQ made just for the presentation yesterday morning:

John Cena arena
wwe12arenacena.jpg

[cutoff]
DX arena:
wwe12dxarena.jpg

Grass arena to show off the types of textures you can use (the wood texture looks really cool as a ring mat btw)
wwe12grassarena.jpg

Nitro arena with TNT logo and old school steel barricades:
wwe12nitroarena.jpg

Old school WCW arena:
wwe12wcwarena.jpg

WrestleMania:
wwe12wrestlemaniaarena.jpg

I've done a bit of reading around and wilst the ring, apron, turnbuckles etc are fully customizable it seems you're stuck with the RAW HD stage.

I just hope there are plenty of movesets for creating your own wrestlers. Will be nice if the edit mode is extensive.

i may end up picking this up, has been a fair amount of years since last purchased a wrestling title (legends of wrestlemania doesn't count).

Really enjoyed that latest trailer. In some ways it looks a little poor and graphically below par, but then you notice the detail that's gone into the moves of the characters and how it all flows, and it's actually really well done.

May well pick this up. Like I say, I hope they sort the editing and moveset's out so we can create characters such as Goldberg, Steiner, DDP, Sting et al. and not have them pick up pre-set moves.

WOW, Haven't played or been interested in WWE game for years (last one I bought was the original Smackdown V Raw) but it seems that they've made a MASSIVE leap in gameplay terms when they were showing comparisons from last years game.

Hope we get more DLC of Legends, Jericho, Mick Foley could be two possible ones if they actually return.

Foley said on twitter that he is in the game... though he's not on the announced roster so he must be one of the mystery 14 DLC.

Yup. Pretty cool.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/119/1199486p1.html

"It's one of those things where… it's part of my history. Without the WWE, I probably wouldn't be where I am today," Lesnar told me via e-mail. "I wouldn't have the high visibility, I wouldn't have had the leverage to come into the UFC. I would have had to do it all on my own. I'm no idiot when I say that when I was with the WWE, the visibility from that company and what they did on a global network for 'Brock Lesnar' as a whole, put me on another level."

Of course, being in WWE '12 begs the obvious question - would Lesnar ever consider returning to WWE programming? "It would have to be under the right circumstances," Lesnar said. "I don't know if Mr. McMahon and I could come to the right circumstances. If it was good for me and good for him I think that we could do something. At the end of the day, my life, my character and my profession - I take them very seriously. At the end of the day, if it doesn't help me or my family out, and it doesn't make sense for me to do, then I don't do it. Everything would have to fall in the right place, but would I consider it? Absolutely."

Lesnar noted there is one former WWE superstar who could easily lure him back to the ring - 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin. "[Austin] chicken-sh**ted out on me and walked away and didn't want to participate because he thought that I was getting something too fast too soon and he felt threatened by me." Lesnar also noted there is "a guy that's been on a winning streak for a long time that somebody needs to step up to the plate and finish the winning streak." A suggestion of a match with Cena or the Undertaker, perhaps?

are there any differences between PS3 and Xbox versions this year? I know CAWs used to have less slots on the PS3, but it's a new engine this year isn't it?

It will be the same issue. They claim sony refuse to let them have long load times and so 64 layers can't be done on the limit sony has. They won't say what the limit is though.

It's getting very mixed reviews. Some great and some pretty much terrible.

Very odd that it's splitting opinion so much.

I noticed that most of the bad reviews have listed the biggest problem as RTWM being too scripted or has parts in the game where the match you're in a match and the game hasn't told you that the pre determined finish to the match is actually a cut scene that will only trigger if something specific happens like for example if you're in a 3 way match... the cut scene will only trigger if the ai pins the other ai wrestler and gets to a 2 count. As the game doesn't obviously tell you this... if you're good at the game you'll be there to stop the pinfall at 1 for ages.

The problem I have with that annoying problem though is, it was present in the previous years games and none of these reviewers labelled it as a problem and marked the game down for it.

The reviews then will gloss over the rest of the game and give it a poor score. I've not read any reviews where they actually say the basic game or gameplay is poor and therefore the game is rubbish.

---

Personally I can't wait for this years game. From speaking to a couple of like minded 'rasslin fans from the US who have the game, they seem very pleased with the game and are saying it's a huge improvement on the last few years versions.

If that wasn't enough to convince me it will be good... these created rings had me drooling.

wwe12d.jpg

1.png

3.png

dsc02368wi.jpg

dsc02372yi.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom