X-Port help

obzi

League 2
18 June 2002
Bolton
Bolton Wanderers
I used xport yesterday to back up my memory card (PS2) and when I have opened the xport software on my pc to transfer an option file onto my memory card i keep getting this message, "USB error connecting to PS2". I have disconnected the usb lead at my ps2 and pc but still no joy. any ideas?

make sure you boot up your PS2 before connecting and if you have it connected to a monitor make sure you get the blue loaded screen up before connecting to the PC or listen to make sure the disc is running if not, I had trouble getting mine to load, I take it you have the patch for XP if needed!! It happened to me a lot.. also check the connections in the middle block, had to ease mine with a screwdriver as it's a pretty cheap USB piece of kit

The software seems to be running fine on my PC and PS2 its just the message about the USB lead. I don't have the patch for XP and I know absolutely nothing about patching! I have also checked the connections in the middle and they are fine

Tried re-installing the software again but still no joy. When I plug the lead into my PC I am not being prompted to look for drivers also when I plug the lead into my PC windows makes a funny noise not the usual 2 tone door bell type noise, more like 3 or 4 chimes

Back
Top Bottom