How is that easier to use? The x-port works in exactly the same way.KEZ said:Just get a MAX Drive. They are better, faster, more convienient and easier to use.
All you do is put the USB flash thing into your computer, copy and paste the option file/game saves. Then put the MAX PS2/Xbox disc in your console (you'll get 2, a pc one and console one) use the file browser to copy the max file onto your memory card/hdd.
The default one which many people get is the normal MAX drive for PS2. Action Replay MAX is for those people who want to "add" in codes (cheats) into the game save or activate them before the game starts.obzi said:Yeah think I will! What is the difference between the action replay evo edt + max drive and the PS2 max drive? Which one shall I get?
Oh yeah.Kleb said:Don't buy that stuff!! My memorycard destroyed by a USB stick thing...!
It probably doesn't recognise the disc because it has been formatted for the big PS2.Young GE said:my MaxDrive disc doesnt work AT ALL in my new slimline PS2, it worked in my old PS2 (big one)
anyone knwo why?
I bought a 128MB Verbatim memory stick from Argos and that works OK. Just blanked it via format in windows then stuck it in my PS2 BEFORE I put it on and it worked OK so I think mostly any USB Stick should do the business (in other words your action replay might not be so useless after all)obzi said:Went up to the Reebok today to buy a Max drive and I've just realised I've bought the wrong thing! I bought an Action Replay, D'oh! What ships in the UK sell them?
NUT said:I bought a 128MB Verbatim memory stick from Argos and that works OK. Just blanked it via format in windows then stuck it in my PS2 BEFORE I put it on and it worked OK so I think mostly any USB Stick should do the business (in other words your action replay might not be so useless after all)
obzi said:So you could use any USB pen drive thingy? What about software or do you just copy the file from PC to USB pop the USb into your PS2 and hey presto!
NUT said:As promised here's what you do when you get a Memory stick (providing you have the action replay disk) :lol:
1. Buy Memory stick (I reckon any will do the job) and download I presume in this case option file for PES
2. Format with windows and when you done that stick option file you downloaded onto the pen drive
3. Stick memory stick into USB Port on PS2 BEFORE putting it on.
4. Stick action replay disk into drive.
5. Wait to action replay loads and go to memory manager and press X
6. When purple screen loads Press X on My Devices
7. Press X on the Memory stick thingy which should be highlighted in blue.
8. After a couple of minutes you should see something called PES6 Option file. Make sure that is ticked and to the right you should have uncrush to MC1 option. Do that.
9. Press triangle a couple of times to get back to screen in part 6 and at this stage put your PES6 Disk. Press the start button and move the joypad to you get a launch game prompt and press X, press X again and that should be it.