[XBO/PC] Titanfall

Played a bit of the beta and it's not great. The way the titans/mechs work feels nice, but it's just an all-round underwhelming game... The visuals are really nothing special by today's standards, even with everything maxed (it's the Source engine...) and 6v6 multiplayer with bots is just odd.

Outside of the mechs it does feel very much like COD, and the "Smart Pistol" is an absolute joke, it just aims for you!

From what I've read, it's very COD-like with its frantic pace. And with mechs instead of vehicles.

Give it 2-3 months after release and see if there's a community but there's too many multiplayer shooters which are flash in the pans.

Surprised at done of those views. It's amazing fun and don't forget this is only 2 maps out of about 12 that are launching and only sons of the game modes that will be available. Full game has more weapons too and should also see a resolution bump.

The epilogue is a cool idea and there are lots of other things that set it apart. Oh and the smart pistol doesn't aim for you - you have to 'mark' your targets whilst stationary. So it's a nice risk v reward mechanism.

The beta automatically popped up in My Games library on Origin, so I guess it's now at an open beta stage for PC users as well. :)

Surprised at done of those views. It's amazing fun and don't forget this is only 2 maps out of about 12 that are launching and only sons of the game modes that will be available. Full game has more weapons too and should also see a resolution bump.

The epilogue is a cool idea and there are lots of other things that set it apart. Oh and the smart pistol doesn't aim for you - you have to 'mark' your targets whilst stationary. So it's a nice risk v reward mechanism.

I like it too, and I'm sure IGN said the beta was only 50% of the capability of the full game - a lot of the graphical effects have been removed.

I like it too, and I'm sure IGN said the beta was only 50% of the capability of the full game - a lot of the graphical effects have been removed.

Seriously cant believe the negativity about it - such a breath of fresh air - just as Respawn promised. Yea, its still an FPS, but loads of new things to do.

The thread on AVF is also 99.9% slatheringly positive!!!

Seriously cant believe the negativity about it - such a breath of fresh air - just as Respawn promised. Yea, its still an FPS, but loads of new things to do.

The thread on AVF is also 99.9% slatheringly positive!!!

I often can't stand beta versions or demos, but I'll definitely be buying this.

First thoughts.

Fast and pretty good fun.

Mechs ... They feel too lightweight for my liking... But it's different and throws up a cool new gameplay mechanic to get into.

Not keen on the lock on pistol. Makes the crummy players think they're gods gift when they leap off a building and just wave their aim around and tag people and get a few kills. Or they wave it at smoke and tag people through it. Tired of people just sitting at windows using it to pop shots off at you.
I think it's the mentality of the gamers though making it worse than it is. Too many camping morons thinking they can just hide and get homing shots.
There's also the pilots who just farm the dumb bots :(

The ai grunts are useless. I've yet to die from one of them after acouppe lf games, even when just trying to chain some melee kills together and they see me and still fail to get a kill. Kinda feels like they're only in there to bump the action up as they couldn't handle that many human players all at once with mechs. So the grunts make it feel more action packed than it is. Fingers crossed on a higher difficulty as you rank up.

Guns lack recoils/kick. Always seems to be the case in futuristic shoots. Could be because it's so fast paced they didn't want or couldn't make the guns have that feeling of impact. I don't know. After battlefield, it feels slightly off.

I'm not sure how long this would hold my attention though. As it feels so .. Cod like... I'm not sure if ill hit the feeling of 'this is just cod with robots and a fuck load of bunny hoppers" really soon after launch. It's fun. But... I just can't shake the feeling.

Last edited:
Playing the PC version and I am enjoying it for some strange reason.

I play cod mp every year (as battlfield is crap), but was disappointed with cod ghost 6v6 MP modes as 6v6 it too small for a fps gaming & they made the maps larger in ghost.

However 6v6 works in Titanfall and I like the fact that it plays like cod is a bonus.

The only problem I have is that I was expecting as SP mode even though I never play cod sp mod.

The game is expensive for mp experience, but I will end up buying as I need my yearly fix of cod mp mode.

I was going to get the 360 version, as their would be more people playing on live. My pc can handle the game at high setting and& have to deal with the handicap of M&K vs Pad as I'm a pad person, it will have to do.

As the 360 version has been delayed till march 27 & their is no screen shots to see what the 360 version will look like.

Zavvi is the cheapest I could find the game at £30 for PC, if you use the 10wanted code out the checkout.

Had a go on this yesterday and I can't really see what all the hype is about. Somewhat fun for a few minutes... but ultimately boring. I'm not an online gamer and the final game could be different I suppose, but I think I can see why Sony didn't part with large sums of cash to have this now.

£27.21 is the cheapest at the moment, I could find.

But I would wait to see if the Russian version activates as then it will only cost £19.50

I think eurogamer has the best review I've seen so far. No score, clearly state their opinion is based on their experience at the launch event. So it's a review but they're not able to truly review it until it launches properly so will update later.

Means you actually have to read the article and follow why they feel the way they do and you trust them not to slap a 9/10 on it now claiming to know the future.

I think eurogamer has the best review I've seen so far. No score, clearly state their opinion is based on their experience at the launch event. So it's a review but they're not able to truly review it until it launches properly so will update later.

Means you actually have to read the article and follow why they feel the way they do and you trust them not to slap a 9/10 on it now claiming to know the future.

IGN is similar. Review should be today/tomorrow.

Still think its gonna get 9s/10s regardless - if the beta was anything to go by, it will be a superb game and fully deserving.

It's somewhat innovative I suppose and coupled with the "wow factor" it's an 8 out of 10 game, I guess. Definitely not a 9+ must have system seller.

The are both PS4ers I think so obviously already brain damaged.

EDIT: It's out on PC too isn't it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom