XBOX 360 owners - Why are we getting ripped?

antred

Banned
15 August 2003
As you can guess im fairly angry at the moment. I invested in an xbox last week, due to the nearly released pes 6 and fifa 07. Of course the machine has other great games, but my mainstay is the footy games.

I bought the xbox on the expectation that it would mean bigger and better games and the belief that the footy games on next gen would be something to behold after the many successful years on ps2.

But i seem to be wrong. Fifa o7 demo plays well, i enjoy it very much. but then i find theres only six leagues. thats a pitiful amount compared to the current gen. We also dont know what other features we will have. Will we have dynamic weather? How many stadiums? No one knows. We do know we are getting a news service linked into the game. Call me miserable but i can get that off the net, how many useless man hours were put in for that feature? Couldnt we have had more variety in leagues instead?

then we move to Pes. yes the gameplay currently is sound and i love it to bits. However only 8 stadiums? Less editing options? no transfer option? Less leagues? Ok some are rumour some are not, but can i just ask what the fuck is going on?

I paid 310 for my machine, you are expected to pay 50 quid offline and 40 online for these games, but you are getting less for your money. I mean the xbox has been out a whole year now, these games have been worked on a while. Why all the corner cutting?

I think its disgraceful - it feels like a rip off, the next gen consoles promise so much but in regards to footy games seem to be delivering very little.

rant over.

Alright, you need to quit your bitching and spend less time thinking about this. Get a girlfriend or something lol.

But seriously, I don't understand why your complaining. FIFA 07 full version will have 51 stadiums (all most important leagues) and everything else.

Absolutely right, I feel the same way, but you've got to remember that they want this to look fantastic, and so they can only concentrate on a few things. They want people to see the game and go "WOW that looks EXACTLY like Cristiano Ronaldo" rather than give him a generic face and then everyone will think "this is next gen and they all look the same".

The guy who is making the new Gran Turismo has said it takes SIX MONTHS to make a next-gen car. A SINGLE car. When you see how many individual faces they've got, all with different models and skins, it soon adds up. I'm surprised they've had time to make the gameplay as good as they've made it.

I'm annoyed, obviously I'm annoyed as a Tranmere fan, but they've done all of the player faces and models in two years of development - if they added just one lower leagues to each country it would have been four years, possibly longer when trying to research what they all look like (which is harder in some countries than it is with their Premiership clubs). We've got to accept it, unfortunately; the more detailed things are, the less is going to be included - unless football games start coming out once every two years instead of once every year (or in Konami's case with Winning Eleven and Pro Evo, a reduction of two per year would be a small miracle :roll:). But these companies need a steady income from their best franchises, so that won't be happening any time soon.

What annoys me more with Pro Evo though (and FIFA to an extent, although not really because Konami's stadiums have KONAMI plastered all over them whereas FIFA's are photo-realistic), is that they could easily have re-done a few stadiums and then just converted all the others into high-definition, which wouldn't have took them a long time. I wouldn't give a monkeys if they looked standard compared to the ones they've re-done, at least there would be variation. You hardly see the stadiums anyway, it's not like a player face we're talking about here.

But I suppose they're thinking of it in the same way as FIFA are with the lower-leagues. They want everything to look as staggering as possible, to pull more buyers in.

(Sorry to have posted this twice but it's more appropriate here)

its just the first wave of the games mate

look at the ps2 what they were doing 12 months from launch then look at hwat games they are getting out now

I agree

it makes no sense to cut features

pes6 upsets me as this is what i bought my 360 for...

but there are enough good games which will keep me happy until next year

Some good points raised by Antred and Jack there and I agree but like Blue Monkey Magic stated, the first wave of games for a new console are always lacking. Don't forget the superb titles we have had - GRAW, PGR3, Oblivion and COD2 are all quality titles. We have Half-Life and Gears Of War to name but a few to look forward to. Patience is the key as programmers are getting used to the new format and yes, it's frustrating but I'm afraid that is how it is. Gamers are fickle and will always complain about something. This forum has been very negative of late but personally, I love the 360 and what it has to offer.

I liked Forza 1 found it to be better than Gran Turismo because it had some real tracks, realistic physics and crash damage that basically you had to pay for. You could modify the cars in a decent way and make your own sticker sets to apply to the car (Which you cant do in GT) every car seems to drive/handle differently.

DJ

Dont get me wrong i think the xbox is a cracking machine. Lost Planet looks great, and so far PGR3, Oblivion, Call of Duty and Just Cause have been mint to play and theres no doubt more to come.

I just think that in Pes case to actually lose content is frustrating.

the exact same thing happened with your precious PS2. its the transition between generations. if fifa07 and pes came out on 360 with shite graphics but fully licensed leagues and more options than you can shake a stick at, i guarantee there would be people moaning "i bought a next gen system for next gen graphics". only culprit for me is konami. PES6 doesn't look as good as it should but its definitely looking next gen.

and for those thinking somehow everything will be rosey on PS3, you have a huge shock coming. this is all due to the fact that every dev is facing new challenges with this next gen equipment. fifa08 and pes7 will have all the options that were missing this time out, and the visuals will have improved as well. just look at madden for example. last years 3360 version didn't even have a fully fleshed season in it. now? you can even choose which parents your individual player has.

i'll be buying the footy games for 360 this year knowing that next year they will be massively improved upon.

Oh yeah spot on im fuming about Konami and EA cutting stuff from FIFA and PES respectively.

DJ

I am extremeley upset now that Fifa 07 plays just marginally better than RTTWC thanks to new ball physics and animations. Overall the demo left me unhopeful of the full version. howver for some reason i am in awe of fifa 07 for the current gen and how much it plays like WE8 buit with the fifas licensing and fifa style graphics and games modes. i am finally able to enjoy fifa now because they worked on the gameplay enough to make it random enough that whyen you go from game to game it feels good playing and playing out to each games final outcome.

the gameplay in the demo of 07 for the 360 has no such reward.

I liked my 360 up until now. NBA 2k7 is the ONLY sport game worth owning for it and playing on it untilcollege hoops comes out and then MAYBE the hi res version of Winning eleven here in january gets o shelves.

Well I probably won't be buying Fifa or PES this year. Why should I spend £40 on a port of PES6 from the PS2, the graphics are in no way "next gen", they are simply outputting at a higher res. There is less content than the game I already play so what is the point?

From those who've played PES6 on 360 it sounds like it looks a *lot* better in the flesh than videos show. Can't wait to see myself.

LemonJelly said:
Well I probably won't be buying Fifa or PES this year. Why should I spend £40 on a port of PES6 from the PS2, the graphics are in no way "next gen", they are simply outputting at a higher res. There is less content than the game I already play so what is the point?

YES The 360 version of Pro evo 6 is just really output it at higher rez. I have fifa 07 on the xbox and when i output that at 720p it's looks just as good as the Pro evo on 360.

I was saying this 2 years ago it happens everytime the next gen comes along and everytime ppl forget.
We were always going to have to wait until WE12/PES8 and Fifa 08 until they got time with the systems.

Remember WE5/PES1 on ps2 it was terrible

babs said:
From those who've played PES6 on 360 it sounds like it looks a *lot* better in the flesh than videos show. Can't wait to see myself.

I think it looks better than FIFA every player seems to have a 42" waist WTF is that all about?

BumperMan said:
YES The 360 version of Pro evo 6 is just really output it at higher rez. I have fifa 07 on the xbox and when i output that at 720p it's looks just as good as the Pro evo on 360.

Wow, you've played PES6 on the 360!? What's it like? :roll:

"now challenge the keeper for the ball when its in the air"

one thing that frustrated me big time on Pro Evo 5 and WE10 thanks for article. :)

Back
Top Bottom