XBOX LIVE and MSN

JayD

Premiership
27 April 2002
Arsenal
There used to be a work around where you could get a xbox live tag on msn like the americans by changing your settings in msn to pretend you were in the states, but I have forgotten how its done, does anyone here know how? I'm sure ClassicD wrote a tutorial ages ago.

On MSN Messenger you could have a tag which told you what friends were online and what they were playing via MSN Messenger without actually logging into xbox live or leaving your PC.

I never wrote a tutorial I read it somewhere else, it was something to do with changing your location to Texas or summit bizarre like that.

I thought the feature ceased to work when MSN was last upgraded

That's because you're getting on a bit and you're losing your marbles. Happy Birthday Chris btw ;).

It still works, mine is working.

ClassicD said:
That's because you're getting on a bit and you're losing your marbles. Happy Birthday Chris btw ;).

It still works, mine is working.

Ok can you check your settings and see what they are. Cheers

I wrote that tutorial and you could still view it until the Archive was deleted. (thank Kezz for that ;) :lol: ).

You need to have MSN alerts and link your Passport to your Live! account. Then you need to edit your profile so that you appear to "live" in the US, you'll just need a location and its Zip code, any will do I think, just Texas was the one I had back then. :)

That should do it, but its been a long time since I did, so I hope I'm not wrong. I also cant find a way into my profile right now to check so thats the mystery bit for the moment.

I registered my 360 with my proper address so I lost my tab as well. So rather than edit it to say I was in Texas I just downloaded XBList which works fine.

xblistscreen.png

xblisthover.png

Back
Top Bottom