Xbox Live users - Download content from other regions

B

babs

This may be teaching some of you to suck eggs, but there seems to be a big lack of knowledge about being able to download content from other regions on Xbox Live. It's possible and very easy, and also very useful for the likes of US citizens wanting to play the Rainbow Six Vegas demo for example.

It basically involves making a false hotmail account, and associated silver Live profile. The information is readily available on the net, but for those wanting instant gratification here you go....
Here is the info we used:

United States
Postal Code: 10012
State: New York, City New York City
Phone Number: 1-866-530-1234

Japan
Postal Code: 150-2345
Province: Tokyo-to
Phone Number: 3201-3331

Germany
Postal Code: 54292
City: Trier
Phone Number: 065112345

You can use any valid address and phone number from the country where the demo is available.

Once you have filled out the info and applied for the Hotmail account, activate it and turn on your Xbox360. Press the guide button and choose "switch profile" (X Button). Now create a new profile, and a new Xbox Live Account, make it a Silver account instead of a Gold (so you dont have to pay). Next you will require the phone number mentioned above to use your passport. You could theoretically take care of all the passport stuff on the Xbox, but it will go much faster on PC with a keyboard.

It works really well. For example, the recent release of the R6:V demo went live on the Japanese servers a good few hours before the European ones. No problem, load the Japanese profile and away you go :)

Hope someone finds it useful.

Yeh i found this out when i was able to download the Chromehounds demo.

I didnt understand why noone else could download it at the time and noone believed me on the boards that i was able to.

But then someone explained it and it was because my old Hotmail account i still use today i got when i first got connected in Scotland.
Best of both worlds :).

Back
Top Bottom