Xbox VS Ps2 PES

winning11

Conference
20 July 2005
what console do you prefer to play pes we on?
I rather play on the ps2, it just feels better, and the r2 is in reach. I just hope ps2 online works well, otherwise i have to get an xbox and pes5. I 'm not gonna buy the game whem it comes out, wait a few weeks to see how the online gameplay is.
And do you use the joystick or the buttons to dribble :)

xbox as it runs smoooooooooootthhh. just some pitches look odd, and i can have progressive scan.

Xbox... The pitches suck but I prefer the controls now, didn't take long to get used to.

Plus the game runs smooth and is more responsive, and for me it's easier to patch.

If all buttons can be customised the Xbox is the best version haowever you cant patch without a chipped box!

Last edited by a moderator:
after yaers of winning 11 on ps2 and now pro evo online on the xbox i now prefer to beat folk online so now i mostly play the xbox version even the masterleague and the controls are fine ps2 pad converters are for retards play the game on the pad with that machine

darth_bulbous said:
ps2 pad converters are for retards play the game on the pad with that machine

that's a bit harsh. Don't have one myself but it doesn't make them retards, particularly when the XBox pads are crap.

SXFuzz said:
that's a bit harsh. Don't have one myself but it doesn't make them retards, particularly when the XBox pads are crap.

i actually like the xbox controller more, the buttons are softer. But r2 is just placed alll the way out of reach

PS2 version has no slowdown on 50Hz.
Some prefer the way the xbox version looks but for some other people, it looks awful. Possibly it's down to your cabling/TV setup. Don't assume it'll look better than the ps2 version as it might not.

PS2 on 50Hz is the way I play it. xbox version is awful for me. PS2 version looks about 10 times better than on xbox.

Zygalski said:
PS2 version has no slowdown on 50Hz.
Some prefer the way the xbox version looks but for some other people, it looks awful. Possibly it's down to your cabling/TV setup. Don't assume it'll look better than the ps2 version as it might not.

PS2 on 50Hz is the way I play it. xbox version is awful for me. PS2 version looks about 10 times better than on xbox.
The Xbox version does look worse than the PS2 with all the defualt pitches (I don't know what Konami did, but the turf on the Xbox version is screwed up).

Patched with Ilufan's pitchs it looks just as good though.

yeah i play in 60Hz mode. im gonna check that 50Hz mode, i swiched to 60 because that way players look better and taller, they look too short on 50. but since i now play in wide camera angle, maybe 50Hz mode doesnt look so bad, because theres some details lost anyways. maybe its not good time to buy xbox anyways because its better to save for X360 and PES6 for that.right? :)

yeah i got rid of the ps2s default gables and bought some high quality ones the difference in texture sharpness is huge in PES4 i recommend everyone to toss the default RGB Scart gable away.

Last edited:
I must say that I much prefer the xbox controller now, anyone not willing to try the xbox controller is stupid in my opinon. The xbox version has no slowdown at all, and the graphics are more smooth although the colours are'nt as good as the ps2 version.

All in all I only bought an xbox for pes4 online and I have'nt looked back, get a xbox 360 if your thinking of getting an xbox. MS live system cant be beaten by sony MS have the cash to make it work.

yup, pick up a Gold Plated scart cable like i have, and the difference is amazing, the colours are a lot more filled in and brighter and the players and writing is smooth without all those jagged edges!

since ps3 release is so far away, and the PS3s speculated price is going to be much bigger than Xbox 360s, im gonna get X360 and maybe when PS3 gets cheaper, due to competition with X360 then change. but that will be seen later

with any editing on the PS2 i got major slow down, so much so that the game was un playable, so i flogged my PS2 and got an Xbox and a PS2 convertor, it was much faster and better to play on but the controller was rubbish, and with the convertor the button config was screwed up

PES4 on PS2 and Xbox was rubbish for me for quite a few reasons, so hopefully PES5 on the PC will do it for me, or i guess i'll jus hav to wait for the next gen consoles

When it comes to PES i would have to say the XBOX cos it's so much smoother more datailed although like others have pointed out the graphs are not as sharp as the PS2, however now i have an LCD screen they are much better than on my CRT telly,though still not pin sharp as PS2. Cos of XBOX pad witch isn't suited to footy games(my opinion)I use a an old psone duelshock with pad converter and the only difference is i have to hit L2 insted of L1 to change player.My biggest complaint though is that its just a little too fast for my liking witch is emphasised cos i play on my widescreen LCD which somehow seems to play faster than on a normal 4:3 telly.

The big broblem though for XBOX is that PES is always the the worse or 3 games every year and for that fact i hardly ever play it. witch is why since it came out i have been playing JL-WE-8 on PS2 cos for me its almost perfect at least when patched, add to that no slowdown and slower gameplay..

Just my thoughts..

to say that pro evo is only playable on the ps2 cause of the pad is a sad reflection of your skill as a gamer cant use this pad cause its to big/small
cant use this cause of buttons to far away/close get a grip

the old addage "practice makes perfect" you know not just a good saying but fact
i own a lot of consoles and game machines so many different pads

does not stop me from playing games
as for pro i think it is sad that people use adapters cause they suck
the pad does not make you a good player your abilitiy does not a pad..... FACT!

OK, but I want to play the game on PS2, xbox and PC without having to use different controllers for each. Why is that so bad?

I play the xbox version all the time except when I'm playing Winning Eleven 8LE on my PS2. I use a high quality Gold Plated Component Cable which I plug into my 26" LCD TV. I use the wireless Madcatz Minicon Pads. They are smaller and very good to use, although I was very comfortable with the official xbox s controller.

I have both versions and I prefer PS2 because of the pad. The positive side with the xbox version is the loading time and no slowdowns. I know you can by a adapter to your xbox so you can use the PS2 pad but haven't bought it yet. But right now i'm playing WE8LE on PS2 and i'll probably by PES5 to PS2.

XBOX

I playt most games on xbox... I was soo annoyed that I had to have the ps2 lying there all the time next to the xbox just for one game : PES... It's not that I dislike ps2, it's just that I don't like having more than one console at the time visible on the room... looks too geeky...the day pes came to xbox, I totally made the effort of switching just for the sake of only having one console in the room, and the rest in the closet waiting for some top notch excluive game (like MGS3 and god of war)

At first the change was tough, but I'm totally converted to the xbox controller now.. and it all feels much smoother.

The other day I tried playing pes again on the ps2, and it just felt too weird and un-smooth... I'm not going back. (unless pes becomes ps3 exclusive next gen)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom