xbox: your opinions please

F

faiers

considering they're only 100 quid now and i can no longer play on my house mates one i thought i might as well get an x box. im gonna go for the burnout/extra controller deal on the game site, i was just wondering what other game is worth getting in your opinion lads ?

are any of the vietnam games any good or would i be better off going for rainbow six or splinter cell untill halo 2s out ?

ill probably get live sometime soon as well, so what do you guys think ? cheers for your time in advance

i bought an xbox the day it went down to £100
so far i can easily say i am very happy with it and just got myself on xbox live yesterday
i have heard bad things about burnout 3 (when its online) something about ea servers being poor which you may need to consider (i have heard the game itself is great though)
rainbow 6 seems a really popular game and is supposed to be great on live aswell (i actually have the game myself but havent had much chance to play it yet as i am hooked on links 2004 - which is a great game)
now i just cant wait for pes4 to arrive on live ;)

I won't tell you to buy halo or rainbow six, but just because I'm not a fan of first person.
both Splinter Cell are huge game and the second has also a fantastic live.
then I'd say top spin, project gotham 2 and so on...
you'd better point out the kind of games you like so we can suggest something else ;)

heh sorry mate, im after a first person. at the moment im sort of split between conflict vietnam, rainbow six and splinter cell '2' so if anyone can help me decide either way feel free !! any other reccomendations will be appreciated too.

cheers for the replies lads, some helpful stuff so far but keep it coming please ^^.

stiffler forgive my ignorance but whats links 2004 ??? an iss/pes game online has basically been a dream of mine but personally i found 2 and 3 a let down so im not sure if i'll really get into pes4. if only they made the first pes online !!

links 2004 is a golf game for the xbox, and it is great plus you can pick it up for £20 easily and it is live enabled

and if you are looking at getting splinter cell: PT and live then you should check this out mate:

CLICK ME!!

Everyone should buy one because Operation Flashpoint looks & plays fantastic :)

Edit: Plus you'll have the chance to shoot me in the face because I'll be a character in the game somewhere :)

Last edited:
Rainbow Six Black Arrow is a corker and its only 20 quid!! You cant go wrong

PGR2 is still the best racing game on the XBox even though it is knocking on a bit now

Burnout 3 is great offline but with EA seriously fucking up the online play at the moment playing it on LIVE is the most frustrating thing ever

read some reviews for these:

chronicles of riddick, top spin, links, burnout 3, richard burns rally, ninja gaiden, fable, broken sword 3, red dead revolver, beyond good & evil, spider-man 2.

I have Return To Castle Wolfenstein (which is officially the best LIVE! game available, and its a FPS) Star Wars KOTOR (awesome, very time consuming) and HALO (enough said, the game is fooking superb, makes me jump when the big alien dudes jump out on me, class, I havent finished it yet) and YES THE XBOX IS THE BOLLOCKS. I can`t believe I owned a PS2 for so long, when I changed it for my XBOX two months ago, it was a shocking change - the games load quicker, LIVE! is incredible, XBOX.COM is really informative, the graphics are smooth and kick ass, and now its getting all the big titles e.g. PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 4 (which is LIVE! can`t wait!).

\\:D/

ninjabreakz said:
I have Return To Castle Wolfenstein (which is officially the best LIVE! game available, and its a FPS) Star Wars KOTOR (awesome, very time consuming) and HALO (enough said, the game is fooking superb, makes me jump when the big alien dudes jump out on me, class, I havent finished it yet) and YES THE XBOX IS THE BOLLOCKS. I can`t believe I owned a PS2 for so long, when I changed it for my XBOX two months ago, it was a shocking change - the games load quicker, LIVE! is incredible, XBOX.COM is really informative, the graphics are smooth and kick ass, and now its getting all the big titles e.g. PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 4 (which is LIVE! can`t wait!).

\\:D/

The XBox is great, me and ninja agree on something. Must mark this day on my calendar :D

Gotta agree, the XBox is superb I absolutely love it - and I'm not sure why. I just think its a cool machine with great sound and gfx, I love the fact that it has a built in HD for saves and ripping music for games. XBox Live, even though I can't get it in my area (mother f***** BT!!!!!!!!) has been a huge success for the console market. MS deserve more credit for providing such a great service. So another thumbs up from me.

Second what everyone says, XBox is the shiznit. Amazing to have custom soundtracks, Live is great and all the games come out on it now, pretty much anyway. Only thing is the controllers suck.

Get one, its only a hundred notes.

Oh yeah, games. I love Rainbow Six 3, Top Spin (best tennis game ever), Links is sweet and Burnout 3 of course. Most games on the Box are good. Well worth a look.

Placebo said:

Edit: Plus you'll have the chance to shoot me in the face because I'll be a character in the game somewhere :)

For real??

CWright said:
The XBox is great, me and ninja agree on something. Must mark this day on my calendar :D
Awwwwwwwwwww. Its cause I`m a red devil and you`re a red. You know I love you really ;)

faiers said:
heh sorry mate, im after a first person. at the moment im sort of split between conflict vietnam, rainbow six and splinter cell '2' so if anyone can help me decide either way feel free !! any other reccomendations will be appreciated too.

cheers for the replies lads, some helpful stuff so far but keep it coming please ^^.

stiffler forgive my ignorance but whats links 2004 ??? an iss/pes game online has basically been a dream of mine but personally i found 2 and 3 a let down so im not sure if i'll really get into pes4. if only they made the first pes online !!
forget about conflict vietnam, rainbow six is way better.
splinter cell is in third person, I don't know if you can switch as I never tried :P
btw the only FPS I've ever loved is the immortal medal of honor :)
oh and for the few who still don't know it: call of duty, doom 3 and far cry are coming on xbox too :D

cheers for all ur help guys

i managed to get an x box with two controllers (official) burnout 3 and dues ex for 140 quid which seemed like a bit of a steal. i dont normally like racing games but burnout 3 is f***ng amazing, i havnt really had time to get into dues ex though. im gonna order that splinter cell '2' x box live thing in a minute two. after that im gonna probably add fable, halo 2 and pes 4 to the collection. ill have to try and check out some of the other reccomendations too.

with rainbow six is the 20 quid version just an add on or is it a proper game ?

ps. big sleep surely you must have loved golden eye ??????

"with rainbow six is the 20 quid version just an add on or is it a proper game ?"

proper game and well worth it once you put in the ground work on Live

BigSleep said:
no, probably just because I never had it :mrgreen:

what !!!!! how have u managed to never play it ? ur missing out mate, iv just left uni and everyone still used to play it there even though it came out about 6 years ago.

cheers overandunder, ill be ordering that soon as well then =)

Placebo said:

Forgive me for replying to a one year old thread of mine but as we just released a screenshot relevant to the thread I thought you might like to see it......

6d5.jpg

So all those people who I've pissed off over the years, buy the game and you get to shoot me in the face, over and over again! ;)

faiers said:
considering they're only 100 quid now

u sure??? got one with 4 games for £0.01p and i ain't jokin' a bit... on friday ad but dat in somewhat ways dn't really count :)..i think coz of XBOX360 as well not long to come out.... Halo 2 is like the ultimate microsoft money making machine (MMMM):| dunno why?? (jst jokin')

Back
Top Bottom