XenForo 2.1 upgrade and server move complete

Okay hopped on my laptop can finally put together more than a sentence or two.

Upgrade so far is awesome. Goddamn I'm so happy not all PES forums are dying, screw face book and other shite this is much better! Visually its stunning, especially dark type. Bravissimo!

Upgrading likes to reactions is so freaking smart!! I absolutely love it because you can send cute faces like wow but also just trash people with RED CARDS :R1:R1:R1 I wouldn't worry about reactions abuse or anything, they look so cute and innocent if a grown ass man gets angry over them just point and laugh! I think about ten years ago I'd say they are kawaii ^_^ but im much older and wiser now, so I won't say that.

And that upgrade came up at a perfect time, I am cooking a little something something should be ready in a few days in the meantime YOU WILL ALL BE GETTING RED CARDS IN THIS THREAD SO GET UR ASS READY!!!

Thank u staff u da best <3

EDIT: Could we change What's New at the topbar to What's the Story Man? asking for a friend

Last edited:
Yeah at first I was skeptical, but the new UI looks so modern and beautiful unlike over simplified UI designs of most other modern stuffs.
Overall, very comfortable to use and the color scheme remained faithful to originals.

Also, forums are best way for modding.

Thanks to all admins that worked for this fantastic update, that keeps the EvoStyle but make it modern and with a lot of new features! (Red cards to all :R1)

Update looks great! Dark mode sublime! Trying to find how to make a poll and can't figure it out? I'm sure it's something dead simple though.

Is there any way to jump to first unread post in a thread? That was incredibly useful.

Is there any way to jump to first unread post in a thread? That was incredibly useful.
That's also the default behaviour when you click on a thread name once the forum recognises where you've got to.

Am I missing something obvious? On PC browsers there's search button next to messages and alerts. But I can't find it on mobile version (android, chrome) - screen from mobile version
Screenshot_20191019-185634_Chrome.jpg

Am I missing something obvious? On PC browsers there's search button next to messages and alerts. But I can't find it on mobile version (android, chrome) - screen from mobile version
No you're not, there is an issue with the theme I think and how it's handling mobile screen widths. Not sure what it is yet but will hopefully find a fix soon.

I've reworked the themes based on the default XenForo skin rather than a third party add-on - if you have time can you try out the dark/light (update) themes and let me know if they solve any issues you had? The avatar hiding works on them as well.

I'm still messing with them so don't be alarmed if you see weird stuff every now and then.

I've reworked the themes based on the default XenForo skin rather than a third party add-on - if you have time can you try out the dark/light (update) themes and let me know if they solve any issues you had? The avatar hiding works on them as well.

I'm still messing with them so don't be alarmed if you see weird stuff every now and then.

Thank you for your continuous work, Mart.
Evo-Web is really better than ever.

Much much *much* prefer the new "Evo-Web Light (Update)" skin (and the avatar removal option in "preferences" works now too). Thanks @Mart!

I have tiny little resolution jumps on the mobile. Forum is very touch-sensitive. When im trying to read posts, scrolling through a page - sometimes its zooming out or in, like i was double-clicking with a mouse. Same happens when I watch any of the clips that people are posting. When I exit the clip - forum is zoomed out leaving blank gap on the side.
Its nothing major and it doesnt bother me that much, but old version seemed to be more 'stable' and mobile-friendly.
Just saying in case its some simple fix.

I have tiny little resolution jumps on the mobile. Forum is very touch-sensitive. When im trying to read posts, scrolling through a page - sometimes its zooming out or in, like i was double-clicking with a mouse. Same happens when I watch any of the clips that people are posting. When I exit the clip - forum is zoomed out leaving blank gap on the side.
Its nothing major and it doesnt bother me that much, but old version seemed to be more 'stable' and mobile-friendly.
Just saying in case its some simple fix.
Do you get the same on the update themes?

No problem. At the bottom left there are a couple of new styles to choose. Can you try one of the (update) ones and let me know if it seems better? They will likely become the defaults soon anyway but still testing.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 11.25.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 11.25.46 AM.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 1
No problem. At the bottom left there are a couple of new styles to choose. Can you try one of the (update) ones and let me know if it seems better? They will likely become the defaults soon anyway but still testing.
Yes! They are better!
Everything is fine now. Both Light(update) and Dark(update) are fine.
On default I could move the page around with my finger, like this
And it was causing all sort of page jumps and zooms.
Thanks, Mart!

Yes! They are better!
Everything is fine now. Both Light(update) and Dark(update) are fine.
On default I could move the page around with my finger, like this
And it was causing all sort of page jumps and zooms.
Thanks, Mart!
Thanks for testing! Glad they're working.

Hey guys, really like the new forum, kudos. Only thing I miss is the big Evoweb sign up in the bar that used to bring you back to the forum list page :D

What If some people want use old themes?
Why links changed to proxy? I mean I put imgur link but its changin like evo-web proxy. Example I need know original link to do something.
One more thing. Does evo-web give promise to never delete pics that we upload/attach here?

Best regards from turkey. Forever evo-web!..

Back
Top Bottom