Your Top 3 Games Of All Time?

Boy oh boy! a real brain hurter erm..........

Formula one(PSX) The only racing game i happily sat for an hour and forty five minutes doing the 78 laps of Argentina and awesome link up mode with 2 tv's and 2 PSX'S

Manhunt(PS2) A timeless game in my opinion i feel i can always go back too and never tire of the slaughter.

PES/WE Series(PSX/PS2) The only games i feel are as close to real life footy in terms of time spent discussing, Playing and happily watching others play. Timeless

Other mentions- Super Castlevania4(SNES) Doom(PSX) Tenchu(PSX)Frontier Elite2 (PC) Socom(PS2) more for the online mode

Last edited:
Broken Sword 1 (PS) - Just loved it.

NHL 97 (PC) - Endless hours of gameplay

Madden 07 (XBox 360) - 1 reason only: Superstar Mode - Wide Receiver on Hardest difficulty

C64:

Giana Sisters
Microprose Soccer
Maniac Mansion
IK+

Amiga:

Sensible Soccer
Turrican
Shadow of the Beast
Monkey Island
(Elvira :p)

PS one:

Resident Evil
Silent Hill
ISS

PS2:

Metal Gear Solid
GTA
Winning Eleven 6/PES 3

PC:

Silent Hill 3+4
PES 6
Ableton live & Korg Legacy Collection ;)

Well, it's indeed very difficult!!

I played several games, and most of them I liked very much.. so it's very difficult to say what are my favourite ones.. Anyways I could say:

1) ISS64 (N64)
Probably the most entertaining football game I've ever owned, it's one of the few reasons I still keep my N64 in working order. Playing ISS64 with Germany still rocks!!
Also N64's ISS98 deserves a mention. Still playing that one, too.
With Germany, of course.

2) Resident Evil 2 (PC)
The game that caused me the greatest involvement of all. I was feeling I WAS Leon and I was afraid to get really bited or killed. Wonderful!!
Also RE3:Nemesis deserves a mention. The reason? Valentine.

3) NFS: Underground (PC)
Played this several times, too.. Just to get that sweeeeeeeeet unique vinyl with the blonde girl that seemed an angel. I had it on EVERY car I owned.. Some tracks were just fantastic, and neither NFS:U2 nor NFS:MW gave me the same feeling. I'm waiting to see how Carbon is, I never played it.

Other games deserving a mention:
Max Payne (PC) - I played it a thousand times and I never got bored
Virtua Striker 3 ver. 2002 (GC) - Roooooooodrigueeees!! (and well, also the FOOL commentary guy was great!!)
Evolution GT - Me & my SEAT traveling through the Highlands
Mario64 (N64) - I loved the downhill challenge with the penguin

Half Life 2
Simply amazing

Pro Evolution Soccer 4
I know not the popular choice but for me really the game that dragged me into the pro evo series and taught me how to love football the way i do today.

Final Fantasy VIII
Whereas most choose 7, i always loved 8 for the lush, colourful world it all took part in. Without a doubt the game i have spent the most hours on. Brought me and my sister closer as this was the only videogame she has ever been willing to play.

Metal gear Solid
Final Fantasy Tactics
Starcraft

Others: Grim Fandango, Metal Gear 2: solid snake(not mgs2, but mg2), Pes series, other final fantasies and metal gears.

Last edited:
Jings, really hard to pick three specific games rather than a series or franchise, but here goes (in no order):

Metal Gear Solid

Remember the build-up to this one and 'acquiring' the Japanese release because I just couldn't wait any longer. Within 5 minutes of booting it up I turned it off because I couldn't make head or tail of it, and I'm so glad I did as the storyline makes this game. Everything about it, the atmosphere, the way the enemy soldiers were animated, the introduction of a proper stealth aspect to games rather than just shooting your way through to completion. Think this is the only game I've ever completed multiple times.

Sensible World of Soccer

Quite simply the most addictive game I've ever played. Silverspider is bang-on, the replay value in this title is just off the chart. I also can't believe how accurate his description about getting into trouble in school for talking about the game and rushing home to play it is, I had the exact same problem (but a nice problem for a child)!

ISS Pro

The first PAL release of the series we came here to talk about. Very probably not the best game from the series but the one which finally took the crown from Sensi, a game which was worthy of being compared to Sensible Soccer (regardless of how poorly developed it's become, that's not for this thread).

That was very difficult! Championship Manager 2 was the other one I was thinking about, but I had to cut one and the other three are just more memorable. But I gotta mention some others!

Cannon Fodder 1&2 (Amiga)
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (PC)
Unreal Tournament (PC)
GTA1 (PC)
Fire Pro Wrestling D (Dreamcast)
Gran Turismo (PS1)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (PS1)
Final Fantasy VII (PS1)
NBA Jam (Mega-Drive)
Wipeout 2097 (PS1)

To be fair, I did give GoW a mention (would have been a top three for definite if it had lasted longer than a week - this coming from someone who is usually so frustrated by games that they get dragged out over a period of months).

...and Gears Of War nearly made it because, quite simply, it has the best gameplay any shooter has ever seen.

To be fair, I did give GoW a mention (would have been a top three for definite if it had lasted longer than a week - this coming from someone who is usually so frustrated by games that they get dragged out over a period of months).

Ah yes...soz, didn't spot it before.

Finished GOW just recently - and wow!. Only downside is that the storyline wasn't as compelling as say MGS. I guess time will tell as to whether this will go in my all time classics though.

1 - Mortal Kombat II
2 - Vietcong
3 - Pro Evo 5

Contenders =
Pro evo 2(psx)the game in Rockybir's avater
Soul Caliber
Mortal Kombat 3
Virtua striker 2
Guitar Hero 2
Max Payne
Fifa 99
Metal Gear Solid 3
Gran Turismo 3

Last edited:
1.Pro Evolution Soccer 2/6(ps2/360)

2.Call of Duty 3(360)

3.Tiger woods 04/07(ps2/360)
----------------------------------
4.Parappa the Rapper (ps2)

5.Goldeneye (n64)

- WE/PES series
- WE/PES series
- WE/PES series

for the past 6 years I was only playing PES/WE (on PS2, now on 360)
I've bought some games for the 360 (Rockstar TT, TDU, COD2/3, SCDA, GRAW,...) to fill the gap until PES arrived, but I didn't touch them since.
I also have the GTA series, GT3, Prince of Persia, MGS etc... for my PS2, but I didn't play them (quite often).
In the 90ies I've played Command&Conquer/Dune 2, NHL, FIFA and X-Wing on my 486/66 PC.

1. Shaq Fu (SNES)
2. WWF Betrayal (GBC)
3. Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (X360)

Must have games, these are.

I agree shaq fu had some sweet motion capture, it was right up their with cuti suzuki Ringside angel on the megadrive and Andy Capp on the spectrum.

Back
Top Bottom