Your Top 3 Games Of All Time?

Street Fighter II SNES - If you're over 21 you, like me, must have sacrificed a fair percentage of your thumb cartilage to those sweaty Snes buttons. Ah 1992, when the most pure essence of gaming pleasure was pulling off a spinning piledriver.

Doom II PC - The originator, and still the best FPS ever made. Simple yet engaging, a perfect slice of visceral gaming. They haven't topped Doom's style and atmosphere. It still makes you mess yourself if you turn the volume up really loud and turn the lights off. Doom II was better than Doom, simply because you had the double barreled shotgun. :)

Pro Evolution Soccer PS2 - Come on, if this isn't on your list then why are you posting here? The series is still the best around. Don't waste my time talking about FIFA, including '07. Pro Evo is ugly, lacking features, lacking licenses, has awful commentary, dire music AND YET... still playes the best game of football possible on any computer system ever.

Very honorable mentions:

Moonstone Amiga 500 Absolutely murdered this game.
North & South Amiga 500 See above.
Resident Evil 4 Game Cube Special.
Metal Gear Solid 2 PS2 Cinematic sickness.
Revenge of Shinobi Megadrive Can't believe no one mentioned this!
Civilization PC Think I learned more about history from this than I did at school.

Last edited:
North & South Amiga 500 See above.

Civilization PC Think I learned more about history from this than I did at school...

Two good shouts. :D

Tried to play North & South a few years ago on an emulator and forgot how to play it. :p

Street Fighter II SNES - If you're over 21 you, like me, must have sacrificed a fair percentage of your thumb cartilage to those sweaty Snes buttons. Ah 1992, when the most pure essence of gaming pleasure was pulling off a spinning piledriver.
Completely agree, I played this a lot on the Super Nintendo. Although to my recollection I never pulled off Zangief's spinning piledriver. :(

1 Goldeneye

2 Super Mario 64

3 all pes/we but Winning Eleven 6: FE stands out for me coz at the time had a few mates who loved it too and i was the best :-)

1 - GTA (San Andreas is the best game ever)
2 - Winning Eleven (My favorite is WE10)
3 - Sensible World of Soccer

Honorable mentions:
Super Mario Bros (All from All-stars, Mario Kart, RPG)
Football Manager
Duke Nuken 3D
Elite: Frontier
Civilization
Microprose Grand Prix

1. GTA III - had been a GTA fan for a while but the transition to 3D had me fucking hooked back then. Still like to play it from time to time.

2. PES3 - even though I had had PES and PES2, it was this release which convinced me that it was time to dump F*FA completely. Still prefer playing it compared to PES6 tbh!

3. SWOS - don't really need to elaborate as to why...

Been putting it off as they are all obvious choices, so I've put them in order of hours played though all the Pro Evo and WE hours together would add up to.... well probably a life sentence now!!

i) SWOS on Amiga.... 96/97. Still gets a run out and I still keep hoping the comp gets a man sent off... ;) a legend. Still looking for 97/98 :roll:

ii) Pro Evo/WE... In all it's minor tweaked wonder... the best by far, but the pace of evolution is sooooo slow and I guess the days of longevity and depth in games is a thing of the past?

iii) A tougher choice would go to either Kick Off 2 or Football manager... both kept me hooked...

1. Curse of Monkey Island - Great adventure game and its funny.

2. Shenmue 2 Xbox - Really good game hope they make a third.

3. Star Wars Knights of the old Republic 2 Xbox - Classic

Other GoldenEye 007, Deus Ex, Canis Canem Edit aka Bully.

in no paticular order..

Metal Gear Solid (all of them, the series is wonderful, snake eater in paticular is glorious, MGS1 is a close second.).

Tombi 2 (i luff 1 aswell, but two was the better of the two).

Sonic The Hedgehog 2.

honourable mentions to: DragonQuest VIII, Prince of Persia Series and of course, Pro Evo (4 was my favourite)

Last edited:
Sensible world of Soccer
Battlefield 2
Metal Gear Solid

-------------

ps. The guy that mentioned F15 strike eagle 2, i loved that game as a kid, it should be freeware now, have you got it anywhere recently/? i jsut cant find it.

Hardly one of the best games of all time, but while the darts is on, check out 3inabed Online Darts (click "Free Download", not the demo). Totally free to play in the Conference league.

Good for a quick laugh! :)

Last edited:
2. EA Hockey (Sega Megadrive) - Ahead of its time, used to play this for hours on end.
So true. Russians were awesome.

Here's my list from the games I own.

Snes
1 - The Donkey Kong Country serie
2 - ISS Deluxe
3 - Super Street Fighter 2
4 - F-Zero
5 - The Super Star Wars serie

Megadrive
1 - Landstalker
2 - Flashback
3 - Aladdin
4 - The Street of Rage serie
5 - Quackshot

Ps1
1 - Resident Evil
2 - Metal Gear Solid
3 - Tomb Raider
4 - Tekken 3
5 - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater

N64
1 - Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
2 - ISS 98
3 - Perfect Dark
4 - GoldenEye
5 - Super Mario 64

Dreamcast
1 - Virtua tennis 2
2 - Shenmue
3 - Headhunter
4 - Jet Set Radio
5 - Soul Calibur

Ps2
1 - The Pro Evolution Soccer serie
2 - God of War
3 - GTA 3
4 - Marvel vs Capcom 2
5 - SSX Tricky

Xbox
1 - Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
2 - Fable
3 - Projet Gotham Racing
4 - Halo
5 - XIII

X360
1 - Gears of War
2 - Splinter Cell Double Agent
3 - Table Tennis
4 - Top Spin 2
5 - GRAW

PC
1 - The Broken Sword serie
2 - The LucasArts Collection
3 - Call of Duty
4 - Max Payne
5 - Fifa 98

in no particualar order:

sensi (floppy disk amiga version 1.1 with improved goalies)
civilization (floppy disk amiga version)
championship manager 01/02 (pc)

honorable mentions go out to:

r-type (speccy)
720 (speccy)
any 'simulator' game by codemasters (speccy)
ico (ps2)
speed freaks (psx)
tetris (gameboy)
iss pro evo (psx)

*****AND A VERY FOND NOD IN THE DIRECTION OF*****

track & field (arcade)

Last edited:
1st: Winning Eleven 4 (PSX)

Altough i think that every new WE is better than its previous, we4 was simply the game i played most in my life. From 1999 untill 2004, when we7 for pc came out. I had a neighbor that in one year we played thousands of Nigeria-Brazil games. And for single player, it had the wonderful Master League.

2nd: International Superstar Soccer and Top Gear (SNES)

That's two games, but take this as a SNES tribute.
I first met ISS in a gamehouse wich had 4 arcades, all of them with this game. Many kids playing, watching, waiting their time, that incredible GOOOOAL scream. Then when i won my snes, ISS was guarantee of good times with friends.
As was Top Gear, the best 2-player racing game ever. The song from the first race is absolutely classic!
Super Mario World, Bomberman 3, Donkey Kong Country, Super Street Fighter II... all great games.

3rd: GTA: San Andreas (PC)

This game has a great atmosphere, the gangs, the cities, you really get to the soul of CJ.

at 4th place i'd place the Championship Manager series, mainly 00/01.

1. Mafia : The Lost Heaven (PC)
2. Pro Evolution Soccer 4 (PS2)
3. FIFA 99 (PC) *The best FIFA series. Other are rubbish for me.

There are lots of special games for me like Hitman 2 or Splinter Cell, but these 3 games are the most special for me because I spent my months for these games.

1. Pro Evolution Soccer 2 (PS2)
2. Formula 1 97 (PSX)
3. Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (MegaDrive/Genesis)

4. Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2
5. Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Back
Top Bottom