Your worst cpu cheat?

plumbers_x said:
The ones I find most annoying are where you don;t actually have proper control of your player (even using the unreliable super-cancel)....the ones where you can see you player slow down when chasing a loose ball, just to make sure the cpu guy gets their first, the ones where he just won't move at all but adopts the ape posture, the ones where he actually changes direction and goes into that weird zig-zag run for a few strides to stop you getting to the ball, or those woeful limp passes that still crop up or passes which go nothing like the direction you aimed but remarkably go straight to a cpu guy.

How can anyone deny these wondrous moments? I love as I play a great through ball in front of my striker, all he needs to do is touch it to beat the keeper...but no, he's going to slow his run and wait for the keeper to run 6 yards and grab it from his feet. Or when you try to move your attacking player (seems to work on defense though)in front of the defender using super cancel to head the ball, but then mysteriously you can no longer do anything. Or when somehow Ronaldo, streaking up the wing onto a long ball, is caught up to before he even gets to the ball by someone like Stam.

I don't mind the increased stats so much, cause they need some way to make it challenging (though I wish they'd just increase the comp stats, not decrease mine, when a slow pass in the box to V. Nistlerooy rebounds back to the halfway line as he 'controls' it I get a little annoyed) but please let us control our players!

ClassicD said:
Dunno how stable these will be as it says they're only valid for 7 days or a limited number of downloads:

Invisible Wall (6.4mb)

Jelly Shoulder (7.2mb)

No Foul eh? (1.4mb)

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Is that the BEST you've got :lol:

The wall and the shoulder video are just BUGS in the game lol. They can happen to the cpu or the human. It's like the person who started this thread said he scored and the ref gave a corner. So this must be cheating.....it's a bug FFS lol It happens to the cpu aswell.

The video of the fouls......WTF are you serious man. Have you ever watched any REAL football matches. Shit happens....you don't always get the decisions but thats FOOTBALL. Some refs are shit, this is true in real life. Fuck me if there the best arguments you set of whingers have got then :lmao:

Wait till I show a video of some of my FULL matches, you will then see that you are wrong. So if you have some real PROOF, and not just videos of bugs that can happen to either cpu or human. Then I'll pay attention!

Why do you lot assume I know nothing about the game cos I don't agree with you. Maybe if you knew abit more about the game you would realise that all your points are laughable, BIGTIME :lol: :lmao: :lmao:

what I said in the other thread. Of cousre there's not a whole bunch of specific bugs that will occur just for the benefit of the cpu. Dont be ridicelous. There's plenty of annoying bugs! And the cpu does cheats! But it doesnt cheat by disobeying the law of WE-physics when it feels like it. Thats just ridicelous to think they'd implent something like that. Really yeah, I'd for once agree on Mattster on that one, those 2 first bugs[ third isnt working] could just as well happen against the cpu.

It does cheat through simple response boost and nothing else. That it may result in the cpu players with higher response getting away with harsh tackles is another story...refering to your third vid but the first two are indeed just bugs.

To suggest Konami implented bugs intentionally is rather ridicelous.

Last edited:
someone who uses that many smilies (pretty much the same one as well) and says BIG TIME, is very easily ignored. I think it's time we all tried it ;)

mattster, it wouldn't matter if you had it in writing from the fish himself, you would still maintain it doesn't happen.

Your over the top use of smilies and constant emphasis on laughing 'at' the folk who believe the game cheats, just backs this up - you're more concerned about being right no matter what, than actually being open to reasoned dicussion. I think it's time for you to stop being such a condescending twat and relax.

Just ignore me then romagnoli, heres another smilie for ya BIGTIME :lol:

See the things the people in hear are saying are lies, they tried to prove it but just gave me more evidence. But there so blind they can't see the truth, it's like every little decision or goal that doesn't go their way is classed as a cpu cheat lol. They say the cpu can do all these different move, as if!

I think it's hilarious :lmao: (oops another smilie)

ClassicD said:
mattster, it wouldn't matter if you had it in writing from the fish himself, you would still maintain it doesn't happen.

Your over the top use of smilies and constant emphasis on laughing 'at' the folk who believe the game cheats, just backs this up - you're more concerned about being right no matter what, than actually being open to reasoned dicussion. I think it's time for you to stop being such a condescending twat and relax.

So tell me what your vids actually proved?

that there's bugs.

Honestly have a few more similiar shots against a mate and you'll see some more of those funny "buggy" deflections.

Last edited:
Why, so you can repeat what you already posted, that they're mearly "bugs"? You might like repeating yourself, I find it tiresome.

I'm more concerned about your attitude now than the original discussion, you're carrying this over into the WE9 thread and deliberately goading other users "Just ignore me then romagnoli, heres another smilie for ya BIGTIME".

Grow up, when I see that you're being a little more sensible I'll be happy to put forward my argument. :roll:

ClassicD said:
Why, so you can repeat what you already posted, that they're mearly "bugs"? You might like repeating yourself, I find it tiresome.

I'm more concerned about your attitude now than the original discussion, you're carrying this over into the WE9 thread and deliberately goading other users "Just ignore me then romagnoli, heres another smilie for ya BIGTIME".

Grow up, when I see that you're being a little more sensible I'll be happy to put forward my argument. :roll:

lol I'm the only one to have been called a twat an imbecile and other names. I've gone about my opinions in a happy way. My attitude is fine, other peoples like yours is out of order. But you see I'm easy going and this doesn't frustrate me as much as it does you obviously.

But I understand you saying this as you can't argue that what you tried to use as proof is meaningless! I didn't start the discussion in the we9 thread I merely gave my opinion on someone else's comment. When I last checked that was still allowed.

There ya go! Wasn't so hard was it?

Perhaps the first 2 clips are 'freak' occurances (although I can honestly say in 8 years of playing this series I've never had the fortune shown in either clip), but the third movie, if you do that to the AI you simply do not get away with it - ever. I unfortunately have no clip of the 'tippy-toe' action mentioned by various other people (when your player slows down until the AI gets closer to the ball, before being 'released'), I do have one where an extra animation is thrown in to allow this to happen, and will upload shortly.

*EDIT* - This one here (waits for mattster to claim "it's a bug lol"). This happened ALL THE TIME in that particular version of the game, and ONLY to human players, not the AI. If your reply comes down to "you're lying", don't bother doing so, I have no time for childish posts.

btw, no it's not allowed to comment on someone else's opinion if you are going off-topic, especially considering the multiple warnings Kezz has posted in that thread already. "I didn't start it sir, he did!" doesn't make a blind bit of difference. :roll:

oh and btw, the only thing frustrating me is having to share this forum with the likes of yourself (note, damn right bulldrig) who's every post includes a "lol" at some point, and who believes he is an all-powerful knowledge god of some sort (for example, when one issue has been brought up time and again by different people, yet you dismiss it off-hand as "lies").

But I'm cool they can believe what they want, but I'm allowed to disagree with people when I think their lying. ;)

It's the fact you don't accept they have a different opinion to that of your own, but that you are saying "everybody actually agrees with me, they're just lying so they don't look daft", that gets up people's noses.

Last edited:
Well yet again you post another vid that proves nothing LOL. You've even admitted lying by saying "Perhaps the first 2 clips are 'freak' occurances" I don't think I'm god I've just got common sense to realise that every little decison against me isn't a cpu cheat. The vid you've shown means nothing, it happens because of the controls you are pressing. As for dismissing issues, it's easily done because you think the videos your posting are CONCRETE PROOF that the cpu cheats then you go back on word lol. :D

originally posted by plumbers_x in the other thread said:
Ah, thank you mattster for digging out the old chart of stat changes.

So, what you are finally accepting that stat changes occur in the game? So, if they change for form, they can be changed for any other debilitating circumstance that the programmers choose, for example, the boost a cpu gets when they need to score near the end of a match. The game is basically just a whole bunch of numbers which can be manipulated to create the impression of fatigue, urgency, mentality, form, home advantage, etc.

Thats' pretty much what I've been saying all along. Glad to see you finally recognise it.

originally posted by mattster in the other thread said:
nevermind you don't get it. Lets keep this out of here from now on then as it is not we9 dicussion.

No, I get it alright. The stats can be changed. Let's not forget, there are more stats in this game than simply the players stats. The whole engine is a complex mass of numbers. These numbers will include things like probabilities which create luck. It's not hard to see that such numbers can be changed to make subtle changes to the way things happen in the game.

You admit that form alters stats, yet you confidentally assert that things like home advantage is not simulated by altering stats. How do you know that? You've got some inside knowledge? You also state that home advantage it's all down to refereeing. Again, inside knowledge? Yet refereeing is just the numbers in the engine working again. If a referee is to "decide" to give one team some breaks, how is this simulated? Perhaps it's all in the numbers again? Perhaps it's because the probability values of a team being awarded a free-kick after a tackle are change to weigh in favour of the home team? Stats changes, in other words.

And how is it that 1* is so much easier than 6*. Could it be because of stat changes?

You're actually half-way to accepting that the game is all about the numbers. You accpet that things like form are all about lowering stats. You're just not willing to go the final step and believe that some of these numbers can be altered to have adverse effects on the gameplay, the things we've been calling "cheats".

Haivng done some manipualtion of AI configuration files for some other games (for my own personal use - driving games), it's quite easy for me to picture exactly how "cheats" can easily be manufactured. You just need to set the right variables to the right numnber and hey presto, the AI cars crash more often, or go much faster, or punctures more often, or have better grip on corners.

Perhaps your real problem here is the use of the word "cheat". That's fair enough. I'm sure there is a technical argument to be had about whether the things I talk about above in manipulating AI files are actually cheats, or just ways of altering the game to create the right level of challenge.

But at the end of the day, back to WE/PES, when these "cheats" affect the player you are supposed to be controlling, as so many of us have been experiecing on all the PES forums I've visited, it's pretty obvious that it causes a problem in the gameplay. If you can look past them or not even notice them, then you are lucky.

Last edited by a moderator:
mattster12 said:
The vid you've shown means nothing, it happens because of the controls you are pressing.
Cool. If you could tell me the button combo that takes all spin out of the ball and makes it drop straight down onto the line, I'd be very grateful.

mattster12 said:
Well yet again you post another vid that proves nothing LOL. You've even admitted lying by saying "Perhaps the first 2 clips are 'freak' occurances" I don't think I'm god I've just got common sense to realise that every little decison against me isn't a cpu cheat. The vid you've shown means nothing, it happens because of the controls you are pressing. As for dismissing issues, it's easily done because you think the videos your posting are CONCRETE PROOF that the cpu cheats then you go back on word lol. :D
I said "perhaps", I can see why they may be bugs (as a few folk mention they've seen this go to the advantage of the human player, tho I have never). I at no point said "ok, those vids I posted are only bugs and I am 100% sure not AI cheats", no word was gone "back on".:roll: Please enter into google 'Define: Lie', or take your arrogance elsewhere. I don't appreciate being called a liar because I say that I am open to the possibility that I might be wrong.

The vid I've shown last is nothing to do with controls, tell me the control to make my player spaz out like that then? And like Ike said, tell me the control to remove all spin from the ball and an imaginary brick wall be built on the goal line?

Or alternatively Mattster, do us all a favour and FUCK OFF!

(lol)

ClassicD's final video shows a nice through ball to a striker who is in a balanced posture whilst receving the ball, plays a perfect first and is beginning his run clean thorugh on goal whilst about 6 yards clear of the defender.

Yet, and I'm sure Classic can confirm he did not press the "make the player check to the side for no reason" button, the player checks to the side for no reason in some bizarre animation, stops, then continues and before you can say "ffs, there it goes not again!!!", the defender has already caught you, overtaken you and got back to cover....just like real life.

Do you call this a cheat, when a player decides to do something completely inappropriate when you did not press a control to make him do it, conveniently allowing the out-manoeuvred cpu defence to regroup and cover the danger? Is it a bug, a cheat? It's certainly a load of bollocks, and is just one of the many convenient occurences which increasing blight this game.

Well that last video imo shows an accidently pressed body faint.

I think there's a certain degree of cheating in the game, not counting bugs, but a lot less than some people claim. Many of these issues are gameplay flaws or player inabilities, eg. loose balls always going to the computer controlled player or always losing headers. However there's a small rest that cannot be blamed on that, the invisible brick wall is a nice example.

Just downloaded the invsible wall one. I've a few worse examples but they're always quite shocking.

Not sure if I would describe this as a bug. I always thought a bug was when a piece of code crashed or did something completely wrong. This just looks like a crude means of stopping a goal when the AI players have failed. IF trajctory=into goals THEN change trajectory to fall vertically on goal line. Can't say I've ever seen it happen to the cpu team though. Mattster knows best, though.

Anyuway Classic, stop lying to Mattster. I think this lad is some sort of programming guru.....and a deliriously happy one at that :lmao: :roll:

I'm glad you've finally realised plumbers :D But seriously the invisble wall is a bug, it happens to human and cpu. As for classic D got nothing more to say to you, if you don't know why 1* is easier then 6* then I can't explain anything to you. At the end of the day your the one being arrogant, telling me to fuck off and calling me a twat. But it jsut make me laugh, that you can get yourself so wound up over nothing :lol: Yes and you are a liar you said them vids would prove the cpu cheats, all they prove is the game has bugs. But anyways have your fun complaining about cheating, but for me and many other with common sense it doesn't happen. :D

Who mentioned 1* and 6*? :eh: For the record, 1* and 6* aren't different because of form arrows or stat changes, if that's what you're implying.

You are a twat though, you come on here and tell people that they have no opinion, and instead they are "liars", that's the actions of a twat IMO. It's all down to opinion, I said the videos were examples of what I would consider 'dodgy' stuff - already you have seen Ike say the 'cheat' me and plumbers refer to as a body feint, all about opinion. No one is intentionally lieing here mattster, so when you continually say they are, you are being a twat. People can be wrong, they can have differences of opinion, it doesn't make that person a liar (but you've climbed so high up on your horse now that you'll never come down on this point).

btw Ike that's not an accidentally pressed body feint, by that I mean it's not possible to do that move intentionally. The animation shown is that usually used when your player is turning to run the other way, it's not a feint.

lol your mate plumbers said "And how is it that 1* is so much easier than 6*. Could it be because of stat changes?" But you seem to share the same opinions :D But I agree you didn't say this.
If it makes you feel big to call me a twat then carry on man, don't bother me one little bit ;) But the fact is you said you'd show vids that prove the game cheats, then when you got proved wrong you. Then you backtracked and said "Perhaps the first 2 clips are 'freak' occurances" LOL. At least I stick too my word unlike you. C'mon man are them vids showing cheatin or bugs? I think your lying because all these "cheats" that you say you see I don't. But thats because I'm a BIG FAT TWAT :D :D :lmao:

To be perfectly honest, mattster, I'm not in the slightest bit interested in your opinion. And yes, we'll keep on discussing the cheats for years to come, but please, don't feel that you're obliged to contribute.

Here is a classic example of the cheating game.

I played Chelsea away and had about 15 shots 9 of which were on target and 5 of which I scored beating them 5-1.

Next game Crystal Palace at home 17 shots 10 on target 1 goal!!!

Every shot I had either went straight down the keepers throat or just wide. Now I do not believe that I am that crap at shooting and missed that many shots, the only goal I scored was a rebound off the keeper otherwise I wouldn't have scored!

That's a classic com cheating bastard.

PS I play on 6*.

mattster12 said:
lol your mate plumbers said "And how is it that 1* is so much easier than 6*. Could it be because of stat changes?" But you seem to share the same opinions :D But I agree you didn't say this.
If it makes you feel big to call me a twat then carry on man, don't bother me one little bit ;) But the fact is you said you'd show vids that prove the game cheats, then when you got proved wrong you. Then you backtracked and said "Perhaps the first 2 clips are 'freak' occurances" LOL. At least I stick too my word unlike you. C'mon man are them vids showing cheatin or bugs? I think your lying because all these "cheats" that you say you see I don't. But thats because I'm a BIG FAT TWAT :D :D :lmao:
Mattster, I've never backtracked, I still believe the clips I've shown prove the game can bend the rules when it feels like it - what I said was I can see why other people might consider them bugs. :roll:

mattster12 said:
But I agree you didn't say this.

So you lied then?

Back
Top Bottom