Yu-Gi-Oh! General discussion (OCG/TCG, video games)

slamsoze

International
28 September 2010
I was recently back to yu-gi-oh gaming and although i was disappointed from Master Rule 4 and Link Summoming and the whole meta-concept, at least i wait Master Rule 5 to come on 1st April, to make mid-oldscholl decks playable again. And i wanted from months ago to start this topic about Yu-Gi-Oh! gaming at general, OCG, TCG, ygo video games history. I promise in the very near future i will give this topic the proper form, as i am a big fun and i have spent tons of money on this franchise.

SO FOR the intro , more TBA....

Now the reason i am starting rushed this topic. Calling mostly players of the game "Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist" for PC/PS4/XBoXone. I have the PC steam version,with all paid DLCs, i was thinking to buy also the PS4 and recently i bought the Switch Version Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution.

So to keep things shorts, according to this link below the PS4/PC/XboxOne versions WILL NOT BE FREE updates, but shockingly a paid update in a form of a "new digital" game.
If this is real from KONAMI it is one of the biggest FRAUDS in the history of video gaming. They are calling us to pay 40$ to buy the same game , we already have with some minor updates and additions. They are so "grateful" to announce that the paid DLCs from the previous version can be used, which sounds OKish!!!! Although it was a pure money grab in the first place!!!!

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/03/yu-...hes-march-24-alongside-free-update-for-switch

Last edited:
And the most shocking is, (as i discovered this today, until now i was expecting just a free update on Steam) browsing in game's discussion Hub on Steam, that most people are not feeling offended by this KONAMI stance, but they are in a Nirvana like:
Q -Which of the two versions should i buy?
A - Don't be a fool, the old is outdated, wait March 24 to buy the same game but updated.

While the sensible question should be "Why the charge another 40$ the old owners inorder to buy the same game twice.????"

Cause be carefull,!! WE DONT HAVE to do with a kind of annual update like PES and FIFA. This "new game" will be exactly identical the SAME for more the 5/6 of the content.

I am really shocked!!! Yes after 20 years of experience , KONAMi still manages to
surprise me in a negative way. I just hope this is some false info and not the truth.

And since i am on both platforms here, PC race and console race,i am really curious how they will get away with this on Xbox/PS4 people. I know that they don't respect the PC players, i have lived it for 20 years, but the console people? How will they accept it?!!!

Finally, JUST TO GIVE A CREDIT, if it can be given, until now info says that the Nintendo Switch version will recieve a free update, i hope at least. (Although it was already more up to date than PC/PS4/xbox which were abandoned from services for more than a year now)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom