Mastermind said:
Don't be silly mate, listen to this line up

-----------------------Coupet----------------------

Gallas------------Boumsong---------Thuram------------Abidel

-----------------------Makelele--------------------------

Guily--------------------------Vieria------------------Rothen/Pires-

----------------------------Zidane-----------------------------------

-------------Treszeguet----------------------Henry---------

Probably not even their strongest, but they would reach Qfinals at least.
Where's Evra?

Shevchenko 7 said:
I hope to see Rui in Portugal too :) I like his playing :)
problem is he can't keep 90 minutes on top! :( I wish he was a few years younger! :p

but Rcosta returning is something more close to a miracle.

ghazi said:
Did you not see him stick a dagger in England when everyone thought the game was over? He even vomited right before hitting the winning freekick.

It was a penalty not a freekick.

Michel Lopez said:

As in 2001 ?
South Korea vs France = 0-5 (30/05/2001; Taegu, South Korea)
France vs Japan = 5-0 (24/03/2001; Paris, France)

like you said... 2001

jun 2005 : Japan vs Brasil : 2-2

4 jun 2002 (WC 1st leg) Portugal vs S Korea : 0-1
18 jun 2002 (WC 1/8 ) S Korea vs Italy : 2-1
(but maybe you've forgotten these ones... french seems to have forgotten that there was a world cup in 2002... dunno why)

please... if you had any interest in other soccer than the french one, you should saw that S Korea and Japan NT are not the same that they used to be (same thing for the french NT, in a other way :roll: ... 1998... it's far you know)

Mastermind said:

Ofcourse they could reach the Qfinals at least...

...If a team consisting of 12 players won't go far, they should be ashamed of themselves.

Oh please, and yes i've seen a lot of Ivory coast matches and I think they can go far in the world cup, but that French team has too much expeirence plus quality.

Japan can't hang with this team nor can paraguay.

Abidel is way better then Evra. What did Evra do last season.

Last edited:
synergy said:
It was a penalty not a freekick.

Ummm. . too bad you missed the free kick he scored as well. He scored twice in the closing minutes. ;)

Don Domenico said:

...If a team consisting of 12 players won't go far, they should be ashamed of themselves.

lmao - you beat me to it!

Mastermind said:
Abidel is way better then Evra. What did Evra do last season.
If you don't mind Mastermind, I'm going to have to disagree with this. Not because I think Evra >>> Abidal but because you're doing 2 things wrong.

1) Comparing players based on ONE season and even when Evra didn't have bad season but more people got to know Lyon due to CL success and are now hyping up all their players

2) Despite both being LB's , you're comparing 2 different types of LB's which in my opinion is hard and wrong to compare to say who's better.

You see while Evra is a much more attacking left back the type that most people like to have as fullbacks ala Roberto Carlos stype and he can also play as left midfielder and is better crosser/faster and better dribbling skills... Abidal is a more DEFENSIVE fullback and I also like that.

I'm not like most people where I ALWAYS want attacking fullbacks.. sometimes I like them if they're more defensive than attacking and will keep my defence tight and help centra ldefenders and occassionaly make forward runs and even get some assists like Abidal does.

Due to coming forward.. making crosses and getting couple assists last year.. a few actually have WRONG idea about Abidal and think he's an attacking fullback. Well he's not.. I've known him since he's Lille days and those people who think so only got to know him last year really.

Eric Sylvain-Abidal is a LB/CB. He used to even play as central defender sometimes before and is kinda like Sylvestre. He should have at least 10 higher or so DEFENCE than attack because he's more defensive oriented. I'd say a 67 and 76 for attack and defence would be about the right ratio for him while Evra should probably be opposite..

so you see i won't say who's better because just like in real life and in game.. there are times when i'd like a more defensive sideback who can occassionaly get forward with right arrows/mentality like Abidal and then sometimes if i'm down.. i might sub him for someone like Evra.

So it dpeends on what tactics the manager wants to play.. whether he wants someone who can potentially be a liability by goin forward TOO much like R. Carlos or the OTHER type of Sideback which is more defensive but gets forward to another example of Abidal type of side back is Ex-Nice now tottenham RB, Noe Pamarot.

there's wya more of course.. but these 2 are so different types of sidebacks and each useful in own way ;)

Massacre_1907 said:
bring bak platini too, total class then !
Platini in shock return to French side
PARIS, Aug 8 (Reuters) - French star Michel Platini on Wednesday announced that he is coming out of international retirement to help his country’s flagging World Cup campaign.

The 50-year-old Juventus legendary midfielder quit the national team after World Cup 1986 when France were knocked out in the semi-finals against West Germany but said on his website on Wednesday that he will be available for selection in the friendly against Ivory Coast on August 17.
“I have decided to make a comeback and play for France, twenty-years after I categorically stated I would never play again,”
"I have found again the motivation I might have lost a while ago,"
"But I'm not coming back as a saviour, I'm not Zidane !" said Platini, a former World Footballer of the Year (1983,84,85).

Platini has played 72 times for the national team scoring 41 goals including five goals in the 1978, 1982, 1986 World Cup.
He also played in the successful Euro 1984 team.
“I will be in Montpellier”, said Platini referring to the venue of the match with Ivory Coast.
a9430b13.jpg

:king:

Mastermind said:

LOL. 12 players : )

Don Domenico said:

Hahhaha!.. This made my day..

martinja said:
LOL. 12 players : )

Yeah i noticed that striaght after the post :D . I couldn't be bothered to change it. I'm suprised it took so long for people to realise. :shock:

Anyway PLF i'm still not convinced about Evra and i've been watching Abidel for a couple of years and as a general left back he is better.

Mysterious apparition told Zidane to resume France career
SGE.SNG51.080805180458.photo00.quicklook.default-245x163.jpg

PARIS, Aug 9 (Reuters) - Real Madrid star Zinedine Zidane has admitted a mysterious apparition advised him to end his self-imposed international retirement to return and help France qualify for the 2006 World Cup.

Zidane returned to the France fray recently and was immediately named captain for the remaining qualifiers which the former world champions must win if they want to have any chance of going to Germany next year.

The French icon, who has had a huge influence in France's success over the years, said the "overpowering presence" left him with only one decision to make.
"I didn't want to make a big thing out of this, and for people to interpret what I say badly but what happened to me is really quite mysterious and unexplainable," Zidane said in Tuesday's edition of France Football magazine.

"You could even say it's irrational.

"One night about three o'clock in the morning I woke up suddenly and began speaking with someone. Afterwards I didn't tell anyone about it, not even my wife.

"It's a total enigma, but don't try to explain it - you can't. It's someone that you are likely to never meet. I can't even begin to explain. This person exists, but it's a total mystery."

He added: "A few hours later I was with my wife at home and that's when I decided.

"I've never had an experience like it. It was like I was powerless against this presence that was forcing me.

"It was like a revelation, and suddenly I realised I had to go back on my decision to retire."

Raymond Domenech's Bleus have four matches to redress their poor start, beginning with the visit of the Faroe Islands on September 3.

173ce136.jpg

Zizou = Jeanne d'Arc reincarnation
:shock:

Back
Top Bottom