Zone Press & Counter Attack

KJK1LL3R

League 2
1 April 2005
I wish these settings had been kept as they always were! Anyways I notice that they are now strategies that can be activated by pressing :l1: & selected button during a match! I want to know what activating them actually does? Would activating the counter attack strategy be the equivalent of setting it to "A" in previous PES/WE games? Also the same question applies to activating the zone press strategy! Also I would like to know if these strategies could be used in tandom with formation A/B strategies e.g. I have a defensive formation B which is activated with :l1: & :triangle: , could I also activate Counter attack strategy (:l1: & :x: ) along with my defensive formation B at the same time & would it work properly? Thanks!

They have always been allocated to the strategy keys, from way back on PSX. Konami also introduced them in the form of the 'ABC' format a few versions ago, god knows why when they had always in the game already in strategy format (It seems they've realised their mistake and removed them).

And yes, you can apply an 'action' strategy (counter-attack, zone-press, offside trap, opposite-side attack, etc) with a formation strategy.

btw, it's :r2: + a face button on mine, isn't :l1: change man? :eh:

I think they should have kept the "ABC" format as it allows you to set the intensity of the strategy! It gives you three different options for the strategy as opposed to one! By putting zone press on with L2 & button, what will it actually do? I hope Konami bring back the "ABC" format for PES6!

Putting it on with :l2:, makes your team press the ball. When it's not on, they don't press. That's the way I think it works.

It's silly to have it available via two options - if you set it to C (least), then turn it on with :l2:, that is a conflict IMO.

I think it shoud just be used as ABC format with no option to turn it on with L2!

Back
Top Bottom