FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Haha, I'm glad you didn't!

Anyway, if you are not a fan of 24 hours transfer deadline, you can simply edit transfers.ini file. You will find the necessary line in the first line itself:
[TRANSFERS_DEADLINEDAY]
TOTALNUMHOURS=24
Change 24 to 10 and save the file, that's it. [Always backup your save data before doing anything as a precaution.] :)
Worked out fine!

Really enjoyed having 24 hours, was able to shift 3 crappy reserve players clogging up the books

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there any mod for FIFA 16 that changes the net physics? I have played a lot of FIFA 23 and FC 24, altough they suck in so many ways, the nets are far more superior than FIFA 16. It doesn’t feel so satisfying to score a goal when the net barely move.

Guys, I was thinking of skipping training for FIFA 16 Career Mode (not a fan of the training drills tbh). Have any of you noticed any significant changes if you skip training? In FIFA 19 for example, players still grow naturally without the drills, (not OP) but I'm not really sure about FIFA 16.

Guys, I was thinking of skipping training for FIFA 16 Career Mode (not a fan of the training drills tbh). Have any of you noticed any significant changes if you skip training? In FIFA 19 for example, players still grow naturally without the drills, (not OP) but I'm not really sure about FIFA 16.
They will grow naturally. I never used training myself.

Yeah, like Papinho told you, it will grow naturally. But still, you can train players, especially youth players, one at a time if you want to (just like my tips on FIFA 19).

i haven t noticed much difference btw fifa 16 and 19 except the more concentrated defensive aspect , which not really that noticeable, i feel that fifa 19 is a very close game to 16, and has better animations aswell.

i haven t noticed much difference btw fifa 16 and 19 except the more concentrated defensive aspect , which not really that noticeable, i feel that fifa 19 is a very close game to 16, and has better animations aswell.
What I notice at first, and as usual, is to collide player and referee. In 21, 22, 23, 24 the referee like an hologram, player can walk through him, just like in all FIFA series in PS1. Don't know in 19. But in 15 and 16 referee collision work normal like in PES.

At the conclusion of my Euro 2004 series I thought I'd share some of my faces converted from FIFA 14 classic patch and ones modified myself for accurate hairstyles from 2004 for my tournament. They're not perfect but they're better than generic faces. Some of these are also courtesy of BUSSIN11 from SoccerGaming edits that he kindly shared with me such as Totti and Vieri. I made Ronaldo my self buy putting ear tape textures on his face texture and changing his hair model.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1utLy3VVD6h8kcPyHflpIvGY9eopmzt7r/view?usp=drive_link
I also added my Euro 2004 stadiums with custom stadium dressings as well as a custom Aveiro stadium I retextured from Novrgorod Stadium from WC 2018, It's not the best but I think it's the closest to Aveiro.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gBI8omtyIaExYLqdw27lB8yFHtXOGicZ/view?usp=drive_link
They come in useful and get added to next versions of Classic Patch but for those who want the choice, here you are.

Thanks for this wonderful patch, definitely one of my all time favourites!

I prefer 19 as a total package. The default sliders are the most playable out of any FIFA game by a long distance and the animations are the best bar none for an untouched/unpatched title. 20 introduced the 1v1 crap and speed-skating as a (not-hidden) bonus for fans who get tired of physics.

16 has a Better physics, imho. Expecially on collisions. And better dribbling and defensive a.i
The players in 16 do crazy unrealistic ragdoll physics in a lot of collisions with players frequently landing in ways that would put them in a wheelchair for life. But still 100x better than 20-24. 16 does have better defensive AI and more responsive dribbling (although that can be a curse because it's very easy to score from kick-off on almost every occasion in 16 on World Class and below,)

What I notice at first, and as usual, is to collide player and referee. In 21, 22, 23, 24 the referee like an hologram, player can walk through him, just like in all FIFA series in PS1. Don't know in 19. But in 15 and 16 referee collision work normal like in PES.
It's just the later 20+ titles. The collision mapping was completely rewritten in 20 where collisions are assumed rather than actual. The players/sprites (oldie word) don't have a physical body in 20-24, it's like ghosts with math trying desperately to work out whether it would be a collision or not. That's why when there's the slightest bit of delay or lag, the players will act as if they live in the 6th dimension.

The players in 16 do crazy unrealistic ragdoll physics in a lot of collisions with players frequently landing in ways that would put them in a wheelchair for life. But still 100x better than 20-24. 16 does have better defensive AI and more responsive dribbling (although that can be a curse because it's very easy to score from kick-off on almost every occasion in 16 on World Class and below,)
Yeah, I like 15 and 16 than 21, 22, 23 and 24. I going back to 15 because I can't face funny physic on newest series. And now I love 16 although it has some funny animation on it. Far away better than ice skating in newest series.

I don't know..i feel collisions on 16 are better,but just my opinion.
I like more even First touch physics.
Yes dribbling Is very responsive and i struggled to get the right slides to let the CPU cover and pressing properly,but i find a spot where i like the game a lot.
Speaking about 19, i didn't play It much as 16, is 1.00 better than last update i can get on console?

I don't know..i feel collisions on 16 are better,but just my opinion.
I like more even First touch physics.
Yes dribbling Is very responsive and i struggled to get the right slides to let the CPU cover and pressing properly,but i find a spot where i like the game a lot.
Speaking about 19, i didn't play It much as 16, is 1.00 better than last update i can get on console?
With 19, I actually like the final patch, the gameplay is very balanced without messing with the sliders too much and there's a good degree of midfield fight.

I played 19 a lil this evening.
Probably Is my favorite on Frostbite,but I keep my opinion that 16 has a better physics overall, expecially on physical battle, even if sometimes could be exaggerrated as wold said,and first touch cause the ball is way more alive. A.i and responsivness are better on 16.
What i prefer on 19 are animation and game speed. 16 is too much fast even on slow speed.
Another thing i don't like on 16 but with sliders i fixed a Lil Is that dribble past CPU defenders is too much easy even on legendary. this won't happen against a human player, where i think that the amazing responsivness of the game could be a really good thing.
16 is more varied and unpredictable on the pitch, due the better a.i and the more free/alive ball physics. It's still my favorite,but 19 is really good too

I played 19 a lil this evening.
Probably Is my favorite on Frostbite,but I keep my opinion that 16 has a better physics overall, expecially on physical battle, even if sometimes could be exaggerrated as wold said,and first touch cause the ball is way more alive. A.i and responsivness are better on 16.
What i prefer on 19 are animation and game speed. 16 is too much fast even on slow speed.
Another thing i don't like on 16 but with sliders i fixed a Lil Is that dribble past CPU defenders is too much easy even on legendary. this won't happen against a human player, where i think that the amazing responsivness of the game could be a really good thing.
16 is more varied and unpredictable on the pitch, due the better a.i and the more free/alive ball physics. It's still my favorite,but 19 is really good too
Think of it this way mate, it's nice to have two very good games still to play in the series. They're both good enough that I don't care about the future of EAFC, I'm happy with 16 and 19. Updated my rosters to the current (absolute turdness) Man Utd squad with a bit of create player/editing and it's all good.

A question: what are the best sources of stadiums and scoreboards for FIFA 16?

I'm looking more specifically for Premier League and Serie A scoreboards now.

I'm using the great Ultimate Ball physics mod which has made gameplay better, but I'm noticing the passing is too perfect from the CPU, is there any way to make it more dependent on the class of opposition?

I was interested in what you wrote about FIFA 19 because it has more smoothly gameplay and better animations.Actually i have Fifa 16 and 19 on my PC and i can to compare both. Fifa 19 on Ultimate and with OS sliders, Fifa 16 on Legendary withs Supernova final gameplay + Anths ball physics mod+ speedhack to lower game tempo.Assistance settings is the same. Gameplay its quite different. Fifa 19 its too easy compared to 16. We have more space, easier to receive the ball , trough balls on the wings often give a chance to score. Cpu positioning in defence and in attack are worse. No more hard battle. And cpu dont creates many chances and takes small number of shots. In many games shots statistics looks like 11:3 , 15:5, 8:2 etc. I dont like this. I like balanced and challenging game like in Fifa 16. Maybe when we play 16 and after longer time we play 19 the difference it wont be as visible but when we switch the game right away there the differences will be visible immediately. Fifa 16 gives me more challenge and fun
even though it has worse animations and less fluid gameplay. Maybe 19 can be simillar to 16 with some different sliders settings but i dont have time to test. For now for me 16 is better game.

+ speedhack to lower game tempo.
Came here to say this. You guys can lower FIFA 16's game tempo even more by using Speedhack in Cheat Engine. Personally, I am using Anth's ball physics mod, with 0.95 speeder, and the game tempo is perfect for my preferences.

FIFA 19 is a really solid title as well. There's a real density in the midfield like you guys have mentioned, and I've found a real nice variety of goals as well.

FIFA 19 has the best graphics ever....For me has better graphics than any PES and FIFA title...I dont like the running animations...

But if someone wants to play and enjoy a football game then FIFA 16 is the best...The second is FIFA 14...The feeling is the same in both games but FIFA 16 has better graphics, better animations and a little better gameplay than FIFA 14...

On my PC i have FIFA 16 and FIFA 19...

I was interested in what you wrote about FIFA 19 because it has more smoothly gameplay and better animations.Actually i have Fifa 16 and 19 on my PC and i can to compare both. Fifa 19 on Ultimate and with OS sliders, Fifa 16 on Legendary withs Supernova final gameplay + Anths ball physics mod+ speedhack to lower game tempo.Assistance settings is the same. Gameplay its quite different. Fifa 19 its too easy compared to 16. We have more space, easier to receive the ball , trough balls on the wings often give a chance to score. Cpu positioning in defence and in attack are worse. No more hard battle. And cpu dont creates many chances and takes small number of shots. In many games shots statistics looks like 11:3 , 15:5, 8:2 etc. I dont like this. I like balanced and challenging game like in Fifa 16. Maybe when we play 16 and after longer time we play 19 the difference it wont be as visible but when we switch the game right away there the differences will be visible immediately. Fifa 16 gives me more challenge and fun
even though it has worse animations and less fluid gameplay. Maybe 19 can be simillar to 16 with some different sliders settings but i dont have time to test. For now for me 16 is better game.
You can change a lot with the sliders in 19 but I find the default offers the most exciting gameplay, especially on Pro/WV. Beyond that, you have to start tweaking with the sliders to get more of a challenge because like most FIFA games, once you venture past WC level, the improvements to (or challenge from) the CPU tends to be mainly speed than ability based which is good and bad because you don't have Brighton playing tika-taka but they will end up playing a maximum 3-4 touch passing game (which there is still a noticeable difference between them and say, Liverpool, rather than just being Brighton on steroids.) The sheer number of animations in 19 is astounding, I've played over 600 games and I still see animations/player interactions that are new to me. Graphically, 19 is a masterpiece even unpatched but along with 16, I think it's the only other title (except perhaps 14) where the CPU actually mixes up its style of play against you and playstyles are noticeably very different from poor teams to good teams. As much as I liked 17, I found that a real problem with the CPU being well-balanced but terrifically boring when losing because it would continue to make the same errors and Cambridge United were just a slower Man City. 18 didn't seem to have any team/player ID that made sense for me (Arsenal would play the same as Spurs regardless of how you switched the players around - there was no allowance if you subbed in an all weak left-side of the field for example.) Lastly, I find 16 and 19 are the only FIFA titles I can play where I don't feel cheated by circumstance when it suits the CPU. If a goal occurs, it's mostly down to my bad decisions to prevent it rather than it being impossible to prevent.

can u please tell me how to install those???

I played more to 19 and compared to 16 this evening.
It's a really good game. I can feel better players individuality on 19, A.i isn't bad at all (i play both on legendary). I like animations and game speed.
The game Is a lil more end to end, the defense line don't cover good as in 16, but cpu Defenders react way better to our dribblings (this thing is the worst thing on 16).
What i really can't stay with is physics. Frostbite physics is bad in my opinion. Physical battles are bland,and there are almost no fouls, where in 16 there were some, ball physics is way more dull,even if 16 has its problems with that weird inertia when we pass the ball but is way more alive. First touch is a risk on 16 if you use a driven pass. On 19 almost every First touch is good. I prefer shooting too on 16..
Anyways i like both,and i will test 19 more

I played more to 19 and compared to 16 this evening.
It's a really good game. I can feel better players individuality on 19, A.i isn't bad at all (i play both on legendary). I like animations and game speed.
The game Is a lil more end to end, the defense line don't cover good as in 16, but cpu Defenders react way better to our dribblings (this thing is the worst thing on 16).
What i really can't stay with is physics. Frostbite physics is bad in my opinion. Physical battles are bland,and there are almost no fouls, where in 16 there were some, ball physics is way more dull,even if 16 has its problems with that weird inertia when we pass the ball but is way more alive. First touch is a risk on 16 if you use a driven pass. On 19 almost every First touch is good. I prefer shooting too on 16..
Anyways i like both,and i will test 19 more
You have to mess with the first touch control slider to ramp up the difficulty once you're past world class because there's not many other other alternatives that don't have a negative knock-on effect to the other sliders. I play full manual so world class for me is as good a challeng as I can manage.

Back
Top Bottom